Crash, bang, whollop mod 1

That didn't quite go to plan :cry:

I panicked when doing my emergency stop and snatched at my brakes, locking up my front wheel and I came down in a heap. Thankfully my kit did it's job and I'm ok but sore and I have a cracking headache.

I'm just so annoyed with myself. I've practiced it over and over hundreds of times and I just let my nerves get the better of me 😭😭😭

Hope your ok, my girlfriend fell off on her first cbt and I was gutted to see how upset she was (it was the day the Moto gp was cancelled!) like others have said get back on as soon as possible and get your confidence back!

I killed my helmet as well as the bike 😭

Bloody hell, Gel........ When you do things, you do 'em in style! At least you're (relatively) OK and didn't "Via" yourself. Just treat it as one under the belt. You won't do that again! Truth be known, I bet each and every one of us on this board has done something similar. You weren't the first and you won't be the last. Just keep on bikin'.

Oh no 😱

Don’t beat yourself up over it, mod 1 is a weirdly intense process. Sounds like you’re concussed, check your pupils are equal and reactive to light. If you vomit go to A&E. If you are concussed be careful driving etc for the next couple of days or so.

Better luck next time.

Ouch

Seems you did on Mod 1 what many old timers (including myself) did within days of riding off on a sports moped L plates flapping in the breeze and no training at all !

At least it was in a controlled environment.

New helmet as an early Xmas prezzie and you’ll be good.

The absolute best (worst) was when mate #1 on a SS50 was in front, spotted fit bird ( attractive young lady ) he knew and slammed on his brakes, Mate #2 on AP50 failed the swerve test and ran into the back of mate #1, me on FS1E passed swerve test and just missed them both.

Fit bird was unimpressed as mates #1 & #2 started kicking lumps out of each other as I tried to keep the peace:

So I suppose the only ones to blame for your little off is the complete tits before you who road like twats and forced the Government to introduce such stringent tests.

Don’t let it put you off - it’s a rite of passage and you’ve earned it.

Yep I agree MP84

I also think if you’re brave enough to post your epic helmet grazing glide on here you’re brave enough to ace any poxy (aka extremely fussy, demanding, easy to fail) motorcycle test without concerning yourself about the tough stuff you are.

Go for it, we need you (would display WW2 poster with strong arm woman here but don’t seem to have any to hand) and I look forward to seeing your shiny new helmet on the road

Oooppps that's not good [mention]Magpie84[/mention] but glad you are relatively OK.

Bike and helmet can be repaired / replaced.