Metropolitan Police - use of tactical contact on mopeds

Martyn850

[mention]Via[/mention] they want sacked for that. I bet they were not trained in water rescue I bet he was only supposed to go into water no deeper than a puddle, there was no risk assessment made, he actually touched her without her concent , did any one ask her if she wanted to be rescued.

Then they dragged her out of the water causing no doubt numerous abrasions, one of them was even recording it, did anyone check that was OK with her and not invading her privacy or breaching her human rights.

They should have made notes and got intouch with the hr department and legal to see what was the best way forward.

Yes this is the world we live in.

@Via they want sacked for that. I bet they were not trained in water rescue I bet he was only supposed to go into water no deeper than a puddle, there was no risk assessment made, he actually touched her without her concent , did any one ask her if she wanted to be rescued.

Then they dragged her out of the water causing no doubt numerous abrasions, one of them was even recording it, did anyone check that was OK with her and not invading her privacy or breaching her human rights.

They should have made notes and got intouch with the hr department and legal to see what was the best way forward.

Yes this is the world we live in.

Sadly, it's more funny as it could be true.

i don't know, but i trust the Police as much as i do any stranger. If you want my respect you need to earn it.

Well that says more about you than this debate...

Er, that’s why i said it...

The guy with the mask should have been tassered. :D

Entering his private f**king space give me a break, if he wants private space I suggest he stays in his house.

Go stick your face into a strangers, see if you get a friendly response. If you want a break, you’d lrobably get one but not the one you’d expect i imagine.

I think things are getting dragged into a grey area. I’m not debating that the guy in the mask is a giant bell, it’s whether the copper escalated things by being overly aggressive, which he did.

He has no reason to be getting so close to the guy, and no real reason to keep follwong him when the twat tries to leave.

I have had many a conversation with police and never felt the need to act like a knob, not even when they are wrong, I feel sorry for them having to deal with members of the public who are in general self centered twats that think the world revolves around them.

Shouldn't it be the other way and respect is given to everyone (not just police) unless they give a reason not to? That's how I was brought up.

Isn’t that more of a being polite thing? Which i agree with.

Respect by definition:

a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

No chance.

Example from Cambridge dictionary, sorry I don't like Oxford

These days it goes against the grain to show respect for authority.

Certainly in our society teachers don't enjoy the respect that is accorded to doctors and lawyers.

Children need to be taught to have respect for other people's property.

He has no respect for authority whatsoever.

You should show your parents more respect.

That's the thing with words it's all in the context

Entering his private f**king space give me a break, if he wants private space I suggest he stays in his house.

Go stick your face into a strangers, see if you get a friendly response. If you want a break, you’d lrobably get one but not the one you’d expect i imagine.

I think things are getting dragged into a grey area. I’m not debating that the guy in the mask is a giant bell, it’s whether the copper escalated things by being overly aggressive, which he did.

He has no reason to be getting so close to the guy, and no real reason to keep follwong him when the twat tries to leave.

I must of been watching a different video..... Can some post the one with the overly aggressive copper .

I must of been watching a different video..... Can some post the one with the overly aggressive copper .

First 20 seconds. Guy steps back twice, cop steps forward. Guy even mentions to cop he’s too close, cop steps forward. Look at the distance the head teacher is standing at.

Ok just got round to watching first minute of the video and what an absolute twat (not first word I thought of).

A police officer walking up to you to talk to you is not invading your personal space they are approaching you.

They have the right to talk to you and ask you questions.

And you have the right to ignore them. Alternatively, the next copper you see, go and stand as close as this officer did whilst asking a question, see what response you get. Most the coppers I know would be telling you to take a step back.

I'm sorry but anyone that thinks that is acceptable behavior and he was in the right is also a twat. If you really think it's acceptable for someone to hang around schools in a mask and that police have no right to speak to them as they haven't committed a specific offence that is obvious straight away then you are exactly what is wrong with society nowadays.

No need to apologise. I don’t think anyone has said that.

First 20 seconds. Guy steps back twice, cop steps forward. Guy even mentions to cop he’s too close, cop steps forward. Look at the distance the head teacher is standing at.

Nope ... Just had another look and I'm seeing a copper trying to talk to some gobby jumped up little prick on a bike wearing a mask ......... can you post up the video you watched .

He's not close at all. Its a camera trick. The masked Cyclist probably knows this which is why he deliberately draws attention to the distance.

I actually wonder if the sound has been dubbed. Did the Cyclist really say all of that to the copper or has the audio been added on after to cause more controversy...

He's not close at all. Its a camera trick. The masked Cyclist probably knows this which is why he deliberately draws attention to the distance.

I actually wonder if the sound has been dubbed. Did the Cyclist really say all of that to the copper or has the audio been added on after to cause more controversy...

Sorry Joe, sounds like bollocks to me. A trick? The guy says it, and takes a step back. The officer disregards this and steps forward.

Like I said, both look like utter twats by the end of it.

Nope ... Just had another look and I'm seeing a copper trying to talk to some gobby jumped up little prick on a bike wearing a mask ......... can you post up the video you watched .

Nope what? Your saying that he doesn’t step forward? If you’re going to lie then there’s no point debating.

Sorry Joe, sounds like bollocks to me. A trick? The guy says it, and takes a step back. The officer disregards this and steps forward.

Like I said, both look like utter twats by the end of it.

I've played with enough helmet cameras to know they give a distorted view of the world. They often make it appear like you're right on someones back bumper when infact youre a good distance away.

There was nothing that police officer could have said to prevent the Cyclists being defensive, rude and arrogant. The Cyclist had already made up his mind to be an idiot before the officer opened his mouth.

Clearly a very disturbed individual with massive insecurities and probably an inferiority complex which causes him to lash out at people in professional positions... The head mistress was great, shes used to dealing with stroppy children which is exactly how he was behaving.

Nope what? Your saying that he doesn’t step forward? If you’re going to lie then there’s no point debating.

Your the twat on the bike .... either that or your as much anti police as he is .

Approaching someone to talk to them you are going to get close to that person, thats the whole point of approaching them :roll:

The twat immediately came out with the you're too close crap jumping back, when it was a total non issue, just to add drama. The police officer did not immediately jump in his face screaming at him he merely aproached him to talk.

Original allegation given was he was being abusive to headmistress which can be a criminal offence (s5 public order act - uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour), judging by his attitude in the video I don't doubt this was true and the fact she just shook her head I would say was more likely just frustration and that he was not worth the effort rather than she had made it all up.

This was a person who was not assaulted by police, he hasn't been arrested, he hasn't been detained and interviewed, he has merely been aproached and spoken to by a police officer after receiving a call. He is there because he has to be, because if he thought "well it is a free country I work for him he can do what he like" and it is in the papers next day that a male has groomed a kid and when challenged by the school was abusive but police did not attend then the police would be the ones in trouble. He don't enjoy talking with twats over non issues and minor infractions and want's to get away from there as soon as possible to get on with the next call which could make a serious difference to someones life be it jumping in a canal to save a life, getting to a stabbing victim where paramedics can't approach until police are on scene or tracking down the low life who has just stolen a families christmas presents but cant do any of that because he is too busy working out that guy outside a school in a mask is nothing more than an inbred twat with a point to prove.

Meter readers have no legal power to enter your property without your consent. However when they knock on my door I smile and let them in rather than screaming at them that they have no right and how dare they knock on my door.

The police have now been put into an impossible situation. It is wrong to approve the tactic and then charge someone with doing that very same tactic. If the charge related to a cop who had rammed a slow moped at 60 mph and then repeatedly driven over the youth, then I would understand a charge. But that did not happen.

As Joe85 pointed out, the officer concerned had not been sufficiently trained / tested to go over 20mph above the speed limit, and over stepped the mark.

All of us have to stick to rules in our working life and there can be dire consequences if we don’t, including the police.

Don’t get me wrong.

I have no sympathy for the skag involved, and the paltry size of the compensation is probably due to the officer acting outside of the law in the pursuit rather than the consequences of the actual stop.

If the officer had been trained to perform this tactic then it wouldn’t have been an issue.

OK, so that officer had not been authorised to use the tactic. I missed that, it was not in any news report I read.

I believe it's been widely accepted that she was suffering from complications related to her diabetes during this interview? Whether you believe it or not, it's interesting how Boris Johnson manages to escape similar vitriol.

1qv0y2.jpg.af9eb7cec694b261dec6770d9c465715.jpg

I do have a dreadful feeling we will end up with a labour government soon.

When that happens Elon musk couldn't get me far enough away from this country.

Yep, seriously considering leaving the country.. sell everything and just bugger off somewhere sunny!!