Lexmoto Falcon, Chinese tat or not.

Muttly

Inspired by [mention]Gerontious[/mention] I decided to post something similar about my Lexmoto Falcon 125.

I bought it new in June, 2k on the road. I hadn’t done any research or joined a forum. I just figured new would be more reliable than second hand and I needed a finance deal.

I have now done 1757 (I think) miles on her, two big (for a125) trips of Colchester to Birmingham and then later to Bristol and back from Birmingham.

By far the majority of the riding has been in Birmingham for work and commuting purposes. I am sadly biased because like with my first car I love her/it.

Bad bits: went through a phase of not starting, all the electrics cutting out when I tried and resetting the clock. I stoped trying to start it in neutral (for no good reason) and the problem went away (including I can now start in Neutral).

The materials finishing is not good. For those who remember me needing so much help, thanks [mention]fastbob[/mention], changing oil, the filler cap had a bit like head on it which is almost turned to a circle because the metal is like Edam in consistency and the sump plug is wrong and too long meaning I cannot get it out without taking off the exhaust. In addition the fairing panels have cracked where the bolt is on some (not by me overtightening things but noticed when I took them off). The little fixings are made using cheap metal and I have replaced a few of the screws and bolts because they have no disxernable thread on after one removal and attempt to replace.

Now the good bits, I get 180 miles for about 11 pounds. Anything up to 55 mph and she is super happy and does th job. I can do more as long as not into a head wind and I have done 70 (according to the clock) on a still day.

I love the way she sounds, sort of popping sounds sometime when I rev. I think she looks ace. No idea of the longevity of it but I have not gotten bored with her at all. Going to work and between places of work is a joy and has helped me cope with a crap new job.

In future I would like a bigger bike so I can do trips to the Peak more easily but I cannot see me changing even after passing my test (hopefully next year) until Lexi is paid off.

So far really happy with purchase with the criticisms above to one side.

Hi mate , how are you getting on with that linked braking system ? Remember me expressing some concern that it seemed to be rigged the opposite way round so that the front came on as well when you applied the rear ? Have I got that right ? Anyway I'm glad you're still happy with the bike . I still think it was odd that Sheldon Motorcycles , your local Lexmoto dealership , swore blind that there was no such bike !

I have nothing to compare the breaks to experience wise but I get in fine with them. I am mostly on the rear break if not using the engine to slow down. A habit from car driving I think, using the foot break.

I am really quite cautious in not optimal conditions so suspect any risk of losing the front end is mitigated at least a bit by that.

[mention]Tango[/mention] I checked where Getontius’s thread was. Didn’t even know there was one for reviews. Thanks for moving it.

Hope to get L plates gone in the late spring.

I have nothing to compare the breaks to experience wise but I get in fine with them. I am mostly on the rear break if not using the engine to slow down. A habit from car driving I think, using the foot break.

I am really quite cautious in not optimal conditions so suspect any risk of losing the front end is mitigated at least a bit by that.

@Tango I checked where Getontius’s thread was. Didn’t even know there was one for reviews. Thanks for moving it.

Hope to get L plates gone in the late spring.

Hmm , well when you get a bigger bike that doesn't have linked brakes you're going to have to un-learn that style of braking in a hurry. Let me put it this way . My GSXR has two big disks , two callipers and a total of 12 pistons on the FRONT brake and one little disk , one calliper and 2 pistons on the REAR . I'm pretty sure you can guess which brake has the greatest stopping power.

Honda have had that style of linked brakes for a while now ie press rear and front is partially activated

I might be wrong.. but I 'Think' this is no longer the case.. brakes on my bike aren't linked and a quick look hasn't turned up others, though Ive only looked at the VFR800 and big CB1000. Could it be that this has been quietly phased out?

or maybe its so ordinary they don't think its worth mentioning any more.

Hi .. I bought my wife a Chinese bike sinnis 125 .. and if not touched it in 2 or 3 months and poped the key in turned it and started up 1st time . Ok soon as turned off the choke it cut out but pushed the button and started and 1st time ran for 5 mins while got mine out cb750 10 mins later after 30 tries it started.. so I don't believe the hype about Chinese bikes as don't knock them till you had one .. the chrome is not to good . It's pritty crap but get it wet dry it then its fine .. i did change some the wires as they was thin bit rubbish to honest just didn't want it catching fire on the trickle charger..