Selling an older motorcycle

Beans

What becomes of those old motorcycles like mine, 12 years old that, whilst 26k along with the mileage and scuffed and scratched, still have lots of life in them? I presume no dealer is going to touch it re trade in. And it can't be economical to get the paint touched up and the scuffed mirrors replaced. But there's so much bike with many tens of thousands of miles left in it. What can I do? EBay is the only thing I can think of. Or an advert in the window of a newsagent.

We'll I hope you have better luck than I had . I put mine up for sale on numerous sites and magazines but the response was bugger all . I can only assume that I was asking too much so I'll try again after Christmas .

WP_20180814_13_42_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.a209f9988dd417c1ede3ee07e611b3a5.jpg

I'm considering selling my 2006 Honda cbf1000 and getting something a little different. I'm old and only have a limited time to ride as many bikes as possible. ☺

Well that's as good an excuse as any

https://webuyanybike.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxZPgBRCmARIsAOrTHSbKQi7ZAdRDDu9g9fl49klay6EOpQSGMA9FIZot9OPVQPdr-udnhEEaAi1iEALw_wcB

Anything over what they off is a bonus lol

I'm considering selling my 2006 Honda cbf1000 and getting something a little different. I'm old and only have a limited time to ride as many bikes as possible. ☺

What ball park figure do you want ? My oppo is bikeless atm

Well that's as good an excuse as any

https://webuyanybike.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxZPgBRCmARIsAOrTHSbKQi7ZAdRDDu9g9fl49klay6EOpQSGMA9FIZot9OPVQPdr-udnhEEaAi1iEALw_wcB

Anything over what they off is a bonus lol

Ha, just tried that link , apparently my bike is too old to even exist. ( 93 GSXR 1100 WP ) plus they want a bit too much information for my liking.

I have no idea what this bloody thing is worth, in that respect eBay is the right place, just the robbing sods ask for too much. I paid 2.5 grand six months ago but it was in unscratched condition then. Sadly as a newb I have scuffed the mirror casings and scratched the paint on the right fairing

I will be listing my 1999 R1100GS at some point, probably in the new year. I'll try ebay and see what happens. The trick for me will be finding a buyer who is at least 6'2 tall.

Looks a little like this.. though it has now lost its 'beak' 74,000 miles which is nothing.

1153237560_OldFaithful.png.2ebee9eef63b445897b77a55c7a38914.png

Ebay classified costs you £15 up front, which is hopefully a lot less than 10%. It works like a normal classified - people come and hand you the cash, so you don't give your money to paypal either. Loads of people trawl ebay for bikes and have searches set up, so it's a good way of shifting it. If you reckon £15 is too steep, though, then gumtree is your friend (even though it's owned by ebay :scratch: ). I've not tried gumtree for selling a bike, but I've had good results from selling cars and bikes on ebay.

I reckon, though, you'd do better to hold off until Easter if you can; the only people shopping for bikes now are looking for bargains.

As said, don't give up on pxing the bike. I handed in my 12 year-old CB500 in px for an new R1200GS.

I have sold bikes through GumTree I have not bothered with E-bay for bike, don't worry about getting no response for weeks. Thats happened to just about everything I have sold on GumTree. Relisted one bike 3 times before I got a sensible ish offer followed by 2 or 3 in the 24 hours before I cancelled the add.

Seems selling can be like that if you NEED to sell its going to hurt if yo can wait you should get fair price.

I would also suggest FaceBook Marketplace. No fees on either.

Sold both my last bikes on eBay. Both sold within a week to the first people who came to see it. I always try and put together the kind of ad I like to see so lots of good photos and a detailed honest description listing all extras, service history and any flaws. Good haggle on the day and they're gone.

:stupid:

Deffo......lots of photos and a detailed, honest description of the bike.......and a valid reason for getting rid of it....... 8-)

I sold my ageing Trophy 900 on eBay ........actually sold it to my OH's brother.....said he could have it for £1000, but it was already listed and bidding went over that.....but I was happy to let him have it for the agreed price, as I knew it was going to a good home.... 8-) The point is, sometimes you can be surprised at what someone is prepared to pay for your bike..... 8-)

Well there's going to be a lot more OLD bikes on the for sale sites once this ULEZ comes in thanks to shitee kaunt just from cars in London alone his robbing SCUM idea will make TFL 1.2 billion its in ride mag and MCN but that's just cars not included in the 1.2 billion is the money from bikes bin lorrys ambulance fire engine. vans all hgvs these are all extra to his pocket .. I want to know how paying £12.50 to this prick saves the planet . Does he buy a chunk of ice and send it to antartic . Here put that on top the ice that's metling .

Opps sorry as the cost flying cube to the Antarctic its now £13.50

If there is one thing you got to say about the French (apart they surrender to the Germany's to easy lol) if this was brought up in paris there be riots on the streets .but UK NO we drop out trousers an grease our arses ok off you hard as you like ...

Well there's going to be a lot more OLD bikes on the for sale sites once this ULEZ comes in thanks to shitee kaunt just from cars in London alone his robbing SCUM idea will make TFL 1.2 billion its in ride mag and MCN but that's just cars not included in the 1.2 billion is the money from bikes bin lorrys ambulance fire engine. vans all hgvs these are all extra to his pocket .. I want to know how paying £12.50 to this prick saves the planet . Does he buy a chunk of ice and send it to antartic . Here put that on top the ice that's metling .

Opps sorry as the cost flying cube to the Antarctic its now £13.50

If there is one thing you got to say about the French (apart they surrender to the Germany's to easy lol) if this was brought up in paris there be riots on the streets .but UK NO we drop out trousers an grease our arses ok off you hard as you like ...

https://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/motorcycles-must-display-critair-stickers-to-ride-in-france/

Anyway, this is about improving the air quality in major cities, where the UK has failed to meet agreed clean air targets. It's not about saving the planet, so much as trying to make the air in London less toxic for the millions of people that work or live there. The charge is a deterrent. In Paris, motorcycles registered before 2000 are BANNED from entering the clean air zones between 8am-8pm.....and newer vehicles still have to pay.