Motorbike show Ducati special tonight 9pm

goat

I enjoyed it. Slight irony in Henry telling everybody to take a grinder to bikes to 'shed build' customs, then in the next part lamenting that someone had taken a grinder to the headstock of an old Harley to modify it.

I'm not sure why but whenever I see Henry this character comes to mind .

Exactly! me too. :lol:

Perhaps aeromodelers think alike.

Recorded it and halfway through it now, but is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated at his riding style? Hanging off the bike when he is barely going round a corner

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Recorded it and halfway through it now, but is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated at his riding style? Hanging off the bike when he is barely going round a corner

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I noticed that. Wondered if it was something the director asked him to do to make the shots look more exciting.

• 8 months later...

I find his nasally tones and daft hats grating but still watch every episode because Ill watch anything with bikes in it. Ive even watched some of the hairy bikers cookery progs where they talk to the audience like they're 5 yrs old so I have no standards when it comes to TV with bikes in it, although Ive never made it through a whole episode before the patronising drivel makes me switch off.

I don't understand why theres no decent regular motorbike programme, there must be an audience for it.

I find his nasally tones and daft hats grating but still watch every episode because Ill watch anything with bikes in it. Ive even watched some of the hairy bikers cookery progs where they talk to the audience like they're 5 yrs old so I have no standards when it comes to TV with bikes in it, although Ive never made it through a whole episode before the patronising drivel makes me switch off.

I don't understand why theres no decent regular motorbike programme, there must be an audience for it.

It would be nice but when you consider that this forum with it's all encompassing title and easy access has a membership of 4100 and compare that to the 9.2 million that tune into Strictly Come Dancing it does put the term Audience into perspective. The problem with trying to capture a wide audience for a motorbike show is that it would have to be dumbed down to truly cringe worthy levels . Look at American Chopper , its practically a soap opera with spanners ( and truly hideous contraptions passing as motorcycles )

It would be nice but when you consider that this forum with it's all encompassing title and easy access has a membership of 4100 and compare that to the 9.2 million that tune into Strictly Come Dancing it does put the term Audience into perspective. The problem with trying to capture a wide audience for a motorbike show is that it would have to be dumbed down to truly cringe worthy levels . Look at American Chopper , its practically a soap opera with spanners ( and truly hideous contraptions passing as motorcycles )

Thats rather depressing. If Henry Cole can keep flogging his progs there must some sort of market for it. Then again I endured two friends discussing Im a Celebrity for 20 minutes trying to persuade me to watch so I dutifully tuned in and couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes so what do I know- nada.

Yep. Made me want want one until I look at the reviews and the price! Nice niche though. If I could have a garage full of bikes it would be a contender for the British corner.. among others :lol:

Looking forward to the Ducati one tomoz as never been much of a fan- based on no more than everything Italian made I’ve ever owned has broken.

Hope my mums husbands not on this site, he’s a Ducati dealer :lol:

just watched the triumph one, pretty interesting!

I hear they were going to do a BMW one but couldn't find a wide enough angled lens

They also considered a Kawasaki one but the lurid, bilious green damaged the cameras sensors and the production crews retinas.

I've watched the Triumph and Norton programmes.

The Bonneville was the stuff of dreams when I was a teenager. The Norton 650SS was seen as "better" (it was more expensive and had the Featherbed frame), but the Bonneville was (allegedly) faster, so obviously for a 16 year old boy ..... the ideal was a Dresda Triton ! :lol:

Ducatis are being featured tonight. I visited the Ducati factory and museum a few years ago so I look forward to seeing what Henry gets to ride this time !