Metropolitan Police - use of tactical contact on mopeds

Martyn850

I’m disappointed you’ve gone snowflake on me. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I see what you did there .

:wink: :lol:

There again, if they did bring back the "cain", I'm sure they would be "abel" to take it.........

..I'll get me coat.... :cry:

Mmm Topics

Every successful ram by the Sweeney , where the shites chew Tarmac should be rewarded with a topic for the squad car :thumb:

Ooh don’t stop there let’s hear more. What about urr urm children who are out of control at school who don’t respect their teachers and truant all the time- tazer or tarmac? and is that a Topic or Jelly tot reward? :D

Our teachers and religious folk had an assortment to choose from, slipper was softest, followed by shoe, then cain, then bunsen burner hose then a cat of nine tails, if impromptu punishment was required it was usually what was near to hand, blackboard rubber was a cert, the odd book could come your way and the pinnacle was the compass, honestly I think I could probably sue.

Every successful ram by the Sweeney , where the shites chew Tarmac should be rewarded with a topic for the squad car :thumb:

Ooh don’t stop there let’s hear more. What about urr urm children who are out of control at school who don’t respect their teachers and truant all the time- tazer or tarmac? and is that a Topic or Jelly tot reward? :D

Our teachers and religious folk had an assortment to choose from, slipper was softest, followed by shoe, then cain, then bunsen burner hose then a cat of nine tails, if impromptu punishment was required it was usually what was near to hand, blackboard rubber was a cert, the odd book could come your way and the pinnacle was the compass, honestly I think I could probably sue.

Ohh I really was dipping out of this thread about the police because it’s just too divisive but I can’t resist this one ...

Suing might be tricky as corporal punishment wasn’t banned until 1987 in state schools and ‘98 in fee paying schools. Watched more than one teacher with anger issues take it out on a kid they decided they didn’t like.

Yeh you have to be careful giving power to people in positions of authority because although you’d could argue they’re professionals and would only use it reasonably and proportionally some of them just don’t and then you find theres no recourse when they’ve beaten your child for no good reason, of course if you complained they would just make something up....

Yeh you have to be careful giving power to people in positions of authority because although you’d could argue they’re professionals and would only use it reasonably and proportionally some of them just don’t

Speaking personally, as a youngster I completely lost interest in joining the police when I realised I wouldn't be able to blow people's heads off with impunity like Dirty Harry. :lol:

Yeh you have to be careful giving power to people in positions of authority because although you’d could argue they’re professionals and would only use it reasonably and proportionally some of them just don’t

Speaking personally, as a youngster I completely lost interest in joining the police when I realised I wouldn't be able to blow people's heads off with impunity like Dirty Harry. :lol:

You were just looking to join the wrong police force, I think Mexico would be fine with that approach but there is also a high risk of said action being carried out against you.

Yeh you have to be careful giving power to people in positions of authority because although you’d could argue they’re professionals and would only use it reasonably and proportionally some of them just don’t and then you find theres no recourse when they’ve beaten your child for no good reason, of course if you complained they would just make something up....

Sadly it happens as adults as well, its difficult because you aint going to get it right all the time. At some point you have to trust the people in authority, yes there will be mistakes and yes those mistakes should reasnobly be investigated and action take as required.

We all have to work within rules and guidelines if your Police, teachers, judges, politicians, councilors, plumbers, electricians, taxi drivers the list could be endless. Most use some discretion in how they apply rules and we have to trust that discretion. The problem is how much trust and how much monitoring you give there will always be those that abuse positions of power...

Which brings us back to the subject "Metropolitan Police - use of tactical contact on mopeds" how much trust do we have in the police then its who is "we" and how it should be decided...

Its IMHO if you run from the Police, they should have full authority to to stop and restrain, using available methods provided it is not going to significantly endanger members of the public. If you hinder Police or refuse a reasonable instruction from the Police you should be liable to (at Police discretion) to being caution or more.

Then that's my Opinion and we all know about opinions they are like A holes, everyone has one and no one wants to see anyone else's.

Personally I didn't mind the Cain ... preferred it across my arse though , it hurt but was strangely arousing.

And why am I not surprised. :lol: