Oh bugger

Liveware Problem

I take it clips are hidden when affixed, I'd plastic weld them, that's what I did for ER5 and stronger than original.

Use some thick single strand copper wire (or even a staple) and fold so you have an S shape and melt into the plastic across the crack. You can get plastic filler rods on eBay or use cable ties. Most common mistake is people overheat the plastic making it brittle, you want lowest temp plastic melts at (normally 210°c is good).

Plenty of example videos on YouTube.

if you had a bigger printer

if you had a bigger printer

:lol: too true, still not tried anything bike related yet, have a few ideas of bits I want to do just not got round to them... Still never seem to have any time lately :lol:

But if you happen to need any pieces less than 220x220x240 let me know :thumb:

Shit a brick :crybaby: sorry to see that amount of damage for just a fall like that. I was thinking . broken brake leaver small scratch/dent in plastics but No as said about poss a wright off .

I'd say sod all to insurance and fix it even if its Frankenstein nuts an bolts sticking out I use it till it died then traded it in..

Shit a brick :crybaby: sorry to see that amount of damage for just a fall like that. I was thinking . broken brake leaver small scratch/dent in plastics but No as said about poss a wright off .

I'd say sod all to insurance and fix it even if its Frankenstein nuts an bolts sticking out I use it till it died then traded it in..

I thought that too. Go farmer style, amazing what you can achieve with duct tape, metal putty, epoxy glue and a complete disregard for the aesthetics. On the other hand does it mean Santa NEEDS to deliver a new bike?!

If you want to go down the route of fixing yourself. This glue is fantastic, I haven't found anything that it won't stick together! A mechanic friend recommended it as it is what they use to stick bumpers on cars back on.... As well as numberplates and anything else!

https://www.toolstation.com/mitre-adhesive-kit/p47409?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxs3gBRDGARIsAO4tqq2WelnwecLlCVX0qrGLX-x2W8z_vIy_Ic5ugjOjN75ZOsgUJMb4LkoaAm7WEALw_wcB

If you want to go down the route of fixing yourself. This glue is fantastic, I haven't found anything that it won't stick together! A mechanic friend recommended it as it is what they use to stick bumpers on cars back on.... As well as numberplates and anything else!

https://www.toolstation.com/mitre-adhesive-kit/p47409?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxs3gBRDGARIsAO4tqq2WelnwecLlCVX0qrGLX-x2W8z_vIy_Ic5ugjOjN75ZOsgUJMb4LkoaAm7WEALw_wcB

404 page not found :crybaby:

Hmmm.. strange. Works for me.

Search for Mitre adhesive. It's usually about £5-£10

Screenshot_20181214-095014.png

It works on mobile but not desktop :wink:

Seems to be working now but was giving me the same on mobile earlier, tech gremlins been let out to play.

Many thanks for the commiserations and the advice guys, much appreciated :thumb:

I'm taking it to be looked at on Tuesday, then will decide where to go from there. If it's a small fortune to repair then I may try and bodge it back together myself, though where exactly I would do that I don't know!

Does anyone know the correct term for the clock mounting bracket (which is the bit where the metal has sheared through)?

20181215_120715.thumb.jpg.8fe5bf61aee3a2ba5b4b705c9a8b8776.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think that this is what you need.

B3A2A4F2-DD25-470D-9410-B73488E96686.png

Here’s a link

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100066965-0-2&block_03=232950

Thanks @onesea for putting me on to this site.

Sorry to resurrect this, thought a few people might be interested in this - I had the subframe (pictured in Mickly's post) replaced, these are some shots of the part taken off the bike:

20190108_165614.thumb.jpg.0f2622b4f702f124e2083e7fb54d825c.jpg

20190108_165609.thumb.jpg.e9bae718b10f326ba8d2689a3d6e4c14.jpg

20190108_165604.thumb.jpg.d73f3a0db9fe557b40665e402e2124bd.jpg

Yep, that's right, the bike had previously been crashed and rather than replace the clearly damaged subframe they tried to weld it (It's aluminium by the way).

The 3rd pic shows where it sheared through after the bike fell off its side stand.. notice a very dodgy weld that obviously didn't fix the original damage!

Hence the reason it broke so easily when the bike toppled over :roll: