Low emission zone engine change help

Tw125

Hi. IV just found out about the ultra low emission zone. I have a 1999 tw125 Im in love with. I don't want to sell it because I have to . Can I change the engine to one made after 2007 . Will this comply with the regulation set out? IV tried to find answers but can't find any. Help would be much appreciated. Also possible model fit if it can be done.

I don’t know what the emissions on your bike are but there is a loophole for bikes that pre date 2007 but still meet the emissions criteria.

There are people on here who would like to know if this works so let us know how you get on.

Here’s a link to the article.

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/loophole-means-older-motorbikes-may-still-qualify-for-ulez-exemption/

[mention]fastbob[/mention]

IIRC from 2019 the ULEZ is the same as the congestion zone and will cover all vehicle petrol and diesel AND motor bikes. Then from 2021 the zone is increased out to cover the area between the Nort and South circular roads.

ANPR cameras are used to police the areas.

Basically bikes older than 08, petrol cars 12 and diesel cars 15. I think. The TfL website lists the euro engine rating and if you put your reg number in computer says NO ( or maybe yes). Our 2 cars fail but the bike is OK.

So I've got pay to to get into London by motorbike ? Well that's alright, you'd have to pay ME to go there . I hate everything about the place particularly the menacing atmosphere that seems to pervade as soon as you get near the place .

So I've got pay to to get into London by motorbike ? Well that's alright, you'd have to pay ME to go there . I hate everything about the place particularly the menacing atmosphere that seems to pervade as soon as you get near the place .

Not till 2021 :wink:

@fastbob

IIRC from 2019 the ULEZ is the same as the congestion zone and will cover all vehicle petrol and diesel AND motor bikes. Then from 2021 the zone is increased out to cover the area between the Nort and South circular roads.

ANPR cameras are used to police the areas.

Basically bikes older than 08, petrol cars 12 and diesel cars 15. I think. The TfL website lists the euro engine rating and if you put your reg number in computer says NO ( or maybe yes). Our 2 cars fail but the bike is OK.

Pretty much this, only thing I’d say is petrol cars 05 + are ok, mine is exempt as it’s Euro 4.

Really think diesels are dead in the water unless they’re new ones now, as I can see loads of other places adopting these zones.

WHAT YOU ARE MISSING IS

There are 9 other city's in the UK who are going to follow suit .. Birmingham is one so is Manchester I don't know who the others are (not looked ) Birmingham has opted out including motor bikes in the ULEZ i guess the others have not .. ALSO its NOT just the city it be the surrounding areas that will be included .so saying bollocks to London (which is fine by me as I won't ride a bike round that dump )it's the ones who follow we need to think about.. as if they follow Birmingham mayor or London TWAT

Also my log book don't have anything in the section about emissions how do i find out what mine is looked on the MOT as well nothing...

WHAT YOU ARE MISSING IS

There are 9 other city's in the UK who are going to follow suit .. Birmingham is one so is Manchester I don't know who the others are (not looked ) Birmingham has opted out including motor bikes in the ULEZ i guess the others have not .. ALSO its NOT just the city it be the surrounding areas that will be included .so saying bollocks to London (which is fine by me as I won't ride a bike round that dump )it's the ones who follow we need to think about.. as if they follow Birmingham mayor or London TWAT

Also my log book don't have anything in the section about emissions how do i find out what mine is looked on the MOT as well nothing...

Emissions will be on V5, section 4 Vehicle Details at the bottom

So how will anyone actually afford to go anywhere in the future ? Maybe that's the idea . Everywhere in urban Britain looks the same anyway and you can have everything delivered to your door so you don't have to stop gaming in front of your TV that's the size of a f*****g snooker table. Oh and don't forget your sound bar so that every explosion reverberates through the whole building sending everyone bonkers with anxiety so that they all have to live on drugs legal or otherwise just to get through another pointless day. How can these people who are probably really illuminati lizard beings dictate to us about low emission zones when it is they that control the daily dose of chemtrails raining down upon us. And don't try and tell me different because I've seen in on the intranet.

We'll all just travel between London and Birmingham on high speed rail that costs billions of pounds whilst the NHS is run into the ground, all of us suffering from nature deprivation disorder because we systematically destroyed the last remnants of the natural world to buy some plastic Christmas crap which we'll then ship overseas for 'recycling'. But don't worry our great saviour Richard Branson will take you to a new planet on his space plane if you can only part with vast sums of I'll gotten gains.

I've already got my holiday planned and it involves heading in the opposite direction to London.

That looks like the beach at Betty Hill

Damn , I passed within five miles of Bettyhill last year without realising what a beautiful place it is . I was in Tongue and it was pissing down so I turned south and took the road to Lairg in search of better weather ( which I found as it happens ) My goal next year is to make it to Huisinis on Harris and Lewis which is probably in the distance somewhere on the picture l posted . I got there by bicycle from Stornoway two years ago but l was too knackered to appreciate the beauty of the place.

Historic bikes are exempt, so I could ride past Sadiq Khan belching smoke from my GT380 with impunity.The look on his face would be priceless :mrgreen:

Add to that it doesn't need an mot or road tax :thumb:

And before we say goodbye, let's return to our caption competition...

870253313_wp_ss_20181218_0003(2).png.56bdc4868a9a4de4e09bf1356ab38012.png