New bike- continued..

Octo1313

Some may have seen my previous post regarding a new bike with battery issues.

I contacted supplier who told me to charge it, ride and see what happens. So I charged with a normal trickle motorbike charger as suggested. Bike started fine and ran, won't start after being turned off unless left for about 20 minutes but I put that down to needing a long ride to recharge as supplier said which I have done.

I rode it today and it cut off round a roundabout. This resulted in an injury and a lightly scuffed up bike with a broken mirror. Bike started, managed to get it to work and now had to leave it there as the battery is once again flat.

What exactly am I entitled to here?

I believe the bike came with a battery issue, it was dead and either won't hold charge or won't charge completely. The bike now has cosmetic damage due to the fall and I'm worried the supplier will refuse any sort of solution (repair or replacement) as it is damaged, despite the reason for the damage being some sort of fault. Am I in the right?

Was it a woman salesman by any chance? :shock: :lol: only joking.. Sounds like the bike isn't, and never has, been charging the battery. I'd take it back to the supplier and demand they check it and fix it :thumb:

Mate. Myself and others have told you over and again that this is a consumer matter . You have purchased faulty goods . Take it back for a replacement or a refund . And while you're at it , take the bast*rds to court for potentially getting you seriously injured or killed for acting upon their bad advice . You have got to stop thinking that this is your responsibility.

Get on to them in writing asking for a written reply so you have a record

State the fault, you can put that it cut out causing you to have an off and ask exactly what they intend to do, include that you did what they instructed but you belive there is an underlying electrical fault that has been there since you took ownership of the bike.

Did you take out hp for the bike, you will have recourse through that if you did.

I'm not entirely sure they are going to fix the damage, it could have stalled due to a problem or by yourself, having a bike cut out you should still be able to fetch it to a stop without dropping it.

Sounds like a charging problem......deffo need to get the dealer to sort it out. As for the damage, unless you've got helmet cam footage showing that the drop was caused by the bike cutting out on you I think it would be very difficult to prove......and they'll never admit liability for it unless there was hard evidence.

Dealer has now taken bike back to sort battery issue. I'm not expecting anything for the damage, as posted above I have no evidence that I wasn't at fault so cannot prove it, I'm just happy it's getting the original problem seen to.

Thanks for the advice all and hopefully I don't come back to this thread with the same issue...