First fall!

elizabethf

Today I had my first fall!

Lots of mud and wet on the roads so the bike had a little glide shall we say (don’t ask me to explain because I simply can’t, one minute it was upright at ~25mph next I’m looking at the bike on the floor).

I did a pretty awesome dismount... landed on my feet. Only snapped the end off the break too, so no awful damage.

Shame it was my Mod 2 I decided to dump the bike on the floor though 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😡

Jokes aside being on the nervy side it makes me a little concerned to go through the whole thing again. Bit defeated now. Think it’s almost a sign!

Oh bloody ‘ell

Sounds pretty traumatic, glad your ok though. I’m impressed with your humour and thoroughly disappointed for you at the same time. Not surprised you feel defeated I’m not sure there’s a biscuit big enough to cover this one 😬

Don’t know how long you’ve been on this forum but it’s long enough to know you’re made of stern stuff and will get there in the end. Sometimes that defeated feeling can be handy on a test, you give up feeling like you’re going pass so you don’t care about the result and bingo.

You know you can ride. If you couldn’t you wouldn’t still be alive having to make it through traffic on a 125 is not for the unskilled or faint hearted.

Id probably be in my 2nd commiserations GnT by now.

Chin up, you can do it.

Damn I should have found the piece of brake lever on the road and kept it as a keepsake.... funny little necklace maybe? ;P

I'd get back on the horse but I dont really have a bike right now! And no more tests available now until the nw year, which is a very long time to sit and stew over things. I was a bit mortified when I looked at the bike laying there sadly on the ground. Slightly more mortified all the funky and weird stuff happens on test day as well. WHY ME lol.

I am quite stubborn so will probably end up resitting but Im a little tired of riding round and round and round the city and the test routes now! And the £187 per time.....

My training day buddy was also failed for going to slow (she went after me so slowed down a bit to be sure, both me and the rider before said the bike was sliding) on bends.... at least I can make her laugh else she would definitely cry! I cry in private, in a dark room :lol: :lol: :lol:

£187 :shock:

Work shmirk or should that be shirk :D

When you pass your test it’ll be the sweetest pass and having to fight for it n go through what you’re going through means you’re entitled not just to a bigger bike but a new helmet and probably jacket n boots as well.

Next time I have a drinky (probably Christmas Eve) I’ll raise a glass to your perseverance, stubborn streak and undoubted (eventual) success.

In the mean time I’d make it a double :cheers:

I was quite close to being a bit like f**k it Im done with it!

BUT the examiner who took me out the first time was around and he ran over, and said "Look I KNOW you can ride and you're safe because I've seen it, so get in after New Year and you WILL pass it"

I then joked with him so I didnt cry that I could have passed that one too, I just decided the test was over and hopped off :lol:

You’ll get through it, sadly you’re doing it at one of the most unpleasant times of year to ride a bike, the road conditions aren’t great, you’re more than likely cold,wet and miserable through the entire ride with the examiner too, it’s all great thinking about all the things you need to do on your test etc, but it’s got to be hard to concentrate when all you can really think about is how cold your hands are!.

You can definately do it though!, maybe book a test for end of Feb/beginning of March when the weather starts to get a bit better?.

The bike will mend, thankfully you're not hurt .... I imagine that most of us here have had a spill at some point in our biking history, dust yourself down, get back in the saddle and it'll all be forgotten about in no time at all, look at it as a learning experience :thumb:

And the £187 per time.....

Whaaaaat? Why so much when mine was £75?

£180 odd was the same at the bike school I was at. Cost of the test fee plus the schools time and bike use etc.

Oh no :( glad you're ok though.

I'd rest up a bit and not worry about it for now, roads are only going to get worse, have some practice when you can without the stress of the test to add to it.

Not the best time of year to be doing it..... There is a lot of riders who have been riding years whose bike stays firmly shut in the garage all winter ... so don't feel to bad .

oh no! ok glad you're ok though that's the main thing.

I wouldnt go out until it's nice and dry though no point getting in tricky situations again. if it's dry maybe a little ride around the block just to remind yourself how much it makes you grin :mrgreen:

I’m with the others you should wait for better weather and retake then, there’s absolutely no fun riding in this weather and it’s only getting worse at the minute. Otherwise I hope your ok and aren’t defeated.

Just do what you want :D, if you can't wait that's fine just don't create pressure for yourself you don't need, I preferred rain and rush-hour for my test but I wouldn't go out in it now unless life itself depended upon it, either that or we run out of biscuits :offtopic:

Not the best time of year to be doing it..... There is a lot of riders who have been riding years whose bike stays firmly shut in the garage all winter ... so don't feel to bad .

Yup...born again wus here. I'll ride the CBF through anything but the Bobber stays in the garage until the roads dry out. Too scaredy cat to take it out at the moment.

Riding in the winter is a whole different world but stick at it as it's makes you a better rider. And on a hot summer day you can laugh at all the power rangers showing off their enormous skills 'cos you certainly won't see them on the roads at this time of year.

And I do have the end of a brake lever on my desk to remind me I am not invincible.

Just do what you want :D, if you can't wait that's fine just don't create pressure for yourself you don't need, I preferred rain and rush-hour for my test but I wouldn't go out in it now unless life itself depended upon it, either that or we run out of biscuits :offtopic:

Did someone mention biscuits?

:popcorn:

Yes but you’ve had more than your fair share 😀

Meeeowwww

:up: