First fall!

elizabethf

Not the best time of year to be doing it..... There is a lot of riders who have been riding years whose bike stays firmly shut in the garage all winter ... so don't feel to bad .

Yup...born again wus here. I'll ride the CBF through anything but the Bobber stays in the garage until the roads dry out. Too scaredy cat to take it out at the moment.

Riding in the winter is a whole different world but stick at it as it's makes you a better rider. And on a hot summer day you can laugh at all the power rangers showing off their enormous skills 'cos you certainly won't see them on the roads at this time of year.

And I do have the end of a brake lever on my desk to remind me I am not invincible.

I’ve ridden through winters before when it was my only mode of transport, now riding a bike is more just for fun on weekends and doing track days so I’m in the fair weather rider camp too, I think us power rangers are probably too worried about dropping such expensive bits of kit that need to run very sticky tyres which are hopeless in the cold or wet to be fair :P .

Edited by The Hitcher

I'm sorry to hear you came off but at least you landed on your feet and better luck next time. I'm thinking about putting mine off until the better weather is back. I'm struggling with riding my 125 with it being so wet and cold at the moment but I know I'll get there in the end and so will you 😁

Today I had my first fall!

Lots of mud and wet on the roads so the bike had a little glide shall we say (don’t ask me to explain because I simply can’t, one minute it was upright at ~25mph next I’m looking at the bike on the floor).

I did a pretty awesome dismount... landed on my feet. Only snapped the end off the break too, so no awful damage.

Shame it was my Mod 2 I decided to dump the bike on the floor though 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😡

Jokes aside being on the nervy side it makes me a little concerned to go through the whole thing again. Bit defeated now. Think it’s almost a sign!

I had a courtesy bike a fee years ago, whilst mine was having something done to it and I turned on a camber, lost my footing and broke a footpeg, clutch lever and another peg. £185 quid later I like a prat. Was off to a date with the woman I eventually married.

Bad luck [mention]elizabethf[/mention] .....but sounds like you baled out in the best way.......I've stepped off the bike a couple of times in the past...... :shock:

Stick with it, mate......you don't strike me as a quitter.....so, that pass will be super sweet when it happens..... 8-)

I am also scared and I have not even started my CBT yet, thinking of just learning drive a car instead, then later on in life learn to ride and get a bike for good weather days ONLY. Not sure though........might just get a bike :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Can I ask where you cornering? Or riding straight when it happened? What type of bike and CC?

Im in two minds of waiting until march or getting back on the horse. Need to sleep on it i guess.

Back on that f**king horse NOW!!!!!!

No but really, get back on it, you have built no-how and experience some of which will be forgotten by march go go go

Oh, damn.

Perhaps take a little break whilst the weather is at its worst, and then go again when you've got this one out of your system. I think we're all invested in your success now, so don't give up on us please!

Why no bike at the moment, by the way?

So sorry for you [mention]elizabethf[/mention] but glad you are not hurt physically.

As others have said get out again on a good dry day and the thrill will be back. Do you test next year when the weather improves.

And you are a true biker now. :thumb:

With a slippy road and the pressure of the test its no wonder.

When i did my test the emergency stop was done on the road with the classic I'll step out. Any way on test day it was pouring with rain and the examiner said "for the emergency stop don't brake to hard don't fall of and it will be a good one". I stayed on.

I am also scared and I have not even started my CBT yet, thinking of just learning drive a car instead, then later on in life learn to ride and get a bike for good weather days ONLY. Not sure though........might just get a bike :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Can I ask where you cornering? Or riding straight when it happened? What type of bike and CC?

Don't worry about it! Things happen on bikes as they do in a car. The first few times I went out on a bike i was scared of the what ifs but your confidence builds and it doesn't worry you. Ive ridden if the conditions yesterday many times before, on the same bike as well as my bike at home, and never had a problem, just yesterday was unfortunate.

Straight line, starting to plan a right turn but a way off yet so no turning. It was an SV 650. The bike lives for another day!

Why no bike at the moment, by the way?

Ive been using it fairly irregularly for a little while now because it's actually my OH's, and he passed a while ago. He's been casually selling it for a little while and it now may well have a buyer. So I guess I have to get on with it really.

I just REALLY REALLY dont want to waste two-three more days of annual leave again to ride round and round and round AGAIN and learn nothing new as I can actually ride the damned bike. :roll: Just never seem to get lucky to the conditions on the test. Twice ive had two drivers unsure about their indicators, now I fell off instead to make it interesting!

Sent my instructor a massive long text this morning (with sorry at the beginning and the end, maybe should have put a TL;DR in there for him really) so see what he suggests.... and wants me to pay.... Ive spent £800 on failure at this point (you are all gagging at £187, thats the cost of a resit, the first attempt there's a £425 charge)

I'm assuming that the cost you're quoting includes some time on the bike, in addition to the test fee. Do you think you need a full two days ahead of each one, though (if I'm reading that correctly)?

As an aside, if the bike doesn't sell would your bf consider holding off from selling it to give you something to practice on?

I'm assuming that the cost you're quoting includes some time on the bike, in addition to the test fee. Do you think you need a full two days ahead of each one, though (if I'm reading that correctly)?

Yeah it's two days plus about two hours before the test.

Definitely overkill for me. The people ive been paired with for resits are usually green to it so do thinks like riding at 40 in a (safe!) 60, forget lifesavers or indicators or something, so I trail behind a lot as I require less 'fixing' I just get given directions as though on a mock test. Id rather do one half day the day before to get used to the bike and different roads I might use and then get on with it the next day!

Yeah it's two days plus about two hours before the test.

Definitely overkill for me. The people ive been paired with for resits are usually green to it so do thinks like riding at 40 in a (safe!) 60, forget lifesavers or indicators or something, so I trail behind a lot as I require less 'fixing' I just get given directions as though on a mock test. Id rather do one half day the day before to get used to the bike and different roads I might use and then get on with it the next day!

Good plan!

Interesting - my bike school just charged you for the day, which included the test.

:stupid:

Shouldn't be paying for extra tuition if you dont need it, just the cost of the resit and time for the day. That's how mine worked with MOD1 resits and gave me a choice if I wanted bike for just the test or if I wanted some practice in beforehand.