Wahoooo

Stu

Trust me don't want to spoil it, followed this for years since I became a year round two wheeled commuter - I can literally feel the earth lurch back towards the sun in my belly

And then... there's always that commute in the spring where I first really get the sense of proper daylight on the way in and the way home, with a bit of warmth too... and I get this in my head

">

This is the time of the year I get obsessive in checking the day length charts

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/bath

Don't forget that due to some complex reasons though the mornings continue to get darker for a bit

Let's not spoil it!

Summer is coming :mrgreen:

That means I need to buy a new lawnmower. Mine has fallen to bits. Mind you, we've just been up to our new house and it seems the rabbits, badgers and moles have destroyed the lawn anyway.

I must admit that until recently I didn't know that as of today the next day is only longer by a few seconds but as the new year progresses the days get longer by an increasingly longer amount. So in say June , the sunrise is about three minutes earlier than the day before. So the days do not lengthen by a fixed daily amount. I'm sure someone will give us the reason for this but right now I'm just glad things can't get any worse. By the way , I also heard recently that the sea temperature around Britain is actually at it's warmest around this time of year rather than in the summer as you might expect . Obviously this excludes Scarborough..... Well I got that a bit wrong. By June the rate of increase has slowed right down . It's in May that each day is nearly four minutes longer than the previous one . It's basically a very shallow S shaped curve .

Edited by fastbob

I must admit that until recently I didn't know that as of today the next day is only longer by a few seconds but as the new year progresses the days get longer by an increasingly longer amount. So in say June , the sunrise is about three minutes earlier than the day before. So the days do not lengthen by a fixed daily amount. I'm sure someone will give us the reason for this but right now I'm just glad things can't get any worse. By the way , I also heard recently that the sea temperature around Britain is actually at it's warmest around this time of year rather than in the summer as you might expect . Obviously this excludes Scarborough.

I'm not entirely sure as to the why, but this site give a lovely graphical view of how daylight increases and decreases. Noticable different between north and south of the country :-)

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/

Untitled.thumb.jpg.3047aa586bd7349274a88951a2dfe776.jpg

Mmmm. The countdown to Easter eggs has begun. Only a few days now and the Cadbury creme eggs will be on display and that's the start of it. 4 months today. 21st April by which time Spring should have firmly sprung.