Rust/Corrosion advice sought

hammer5

On preparing my motorcycle for winter I noticed the paint & metal deterioration on the underside. I bought my 2016 bike earlier this year, never ridden in the rain, been exposed to salts, or used an aggressive cleaner. Not sure on the previous owner, but other than this area, it's pristine.

Could anyone help me with this & maybe offer some advice on what it is, how to resolve it please?

Edit: it's been soaked in ACF50 hence the oily shine :)

DSC_0049.JPG.e5c258f96cf4145abe7ec9a3eac51039.JPG

DSC_0051.thumb.JPG.4b3a047700da8f9b9d982015ef56eec5.JPG

Can't really see much on my phone from the photos, but the corrosion around the exhaust fixings is usual due to the heat (and to be frank the poor quality of components used these days on some bikes) I'd rub some copper assembly compound onto them as it's resistant to heat and will prevent corrosion forming.

I'd replace them, mate......get some nice titanium ones.....or dome head nuts like I have on mine..... 8-)

I'll have a look see if I can replace them tomorrow :) I've no idea on size, but the engine paint is stressing me out.

A quick Google and the street can be a nightmare to remove the nuts apparently - poor triumph design..

I've had a good look at the pictures, especially the second one, and if its the area in the middle you're concerned about I can see why . Something doesn't look right. It looks like badly applied filler with the paint coming off. Are you sure that this isn't some nasty repair job ? It seems so out of place . In fact the more I look at it, the more it looks like a combination of dodgy welding and filler. I hope it's not concealing something unpleasant.

Looks like the alloy is oxidising under the paint and lifting it away hence looking like a botched filler jobby

Was a very common problem on BMW1200GS bikes a couple of years ago

I lifted paint off cleaned up metal and used an alloy primer before a repaint

:(