Who is working over Christmas?

Throttled

Today's my last one then off until Friday :cheers:

My Wife is a Midwife and has managed to get Christmas Day and Boxing day off this year !! (though she still has had to work this weekend including being on call both nights plus working all day Xmas eve :cry: )

Yep, working three days next week.

Won't be much actual work to do so better than wasting holiday time.

Monday will be a half day anyway and I can't imagine much will get done Thursday and Friday. Already lining up boozy lunches.. the joys of working within a stone's throw of loads of pubs ;)

This year my wife and I have had the grand total of three days off when we took my mother to Bournemouth over Easter (so not exactly a holiday) and one day off for our wedding anniversary in July, which was sandwiched between client visits. It's been crap for our kids - they spent the summer at our offices, bored to tears - so we're off from yesterday until they go back to school on 8th January. Other people are in over the holidays, but not us for once!

:cheers:

I am... Six days, which began yesterday. 15hr days. 7 - 10.

Which is alright... If a bit wearying. The compensation being I'm with two young men who have no family and find the whole "Christmas" thing very upsetting, particularly as one of them is 24 but has a mental age of 6 and so... Understandably believes in Santa. Which is unbelievably sweet and heartbreaking.

I love this job

I finished last Wednesday and I'll be working again 3rd January :mrgreen: love my job, always something different and interesting... And to top it off, it's good money 8-)

PS I install Air conditioning and refrigeration systems

This years is not so bad I am only working everyday from Christmas Day (start at 0600) to New Years Day (finish at 0630 on the first)... I officially get one day off but finish shift at 0200 in the morning on my "day off" and start the next day at 0600 it's not much of a day off...

I should add a divorced dad I should add I have had my daughter twice for Christmas in 10 years 2 or 3 due to refusal and caught case the rest if gave been work...

Edited by onesea

Start 8.00am Christmas Eve through to 2.00am Christmas Day in my main role....but also covering our local hospital out of hours all night through to 9.00am Christmas Day.

Then I get 30 minutes off duty

Christmas Day start at 9.30am with Christmas lunch for anyone on their own (75 expected)... finishing at 8.30pm.

Then I'm off duty on Boxing Day. Back on Thursday.

Hey ho.

I have 2 weeks off!

I have no choice, part of me thinks that it's a waste of valuable holidays.

I need the break though!

This thread started me thinking :shock:

I've spent Christmas in some strange places/situations! :o

Gulf war1 no beer and limited food

Cyprus lots of beer, snow on the mountain/Sun on the beach

Germany on guard duty several times, just weird!

Worst guard duty ever is new year's eve!

Thanks to all who have to work to make everyone else's Christmas safe and healthy

I have 2 weeks off!

I have no choice, part of me thinks that it's a waste of valuable holidays.

I need the break though!

This thread started me thinking :shock:

I've spent Christmas in some strange places/situations! :o

Gulf war1 no beer and limited food

Cyprus lots of beer, snow on the mountain/Sun on the beach

Germany on guard duty several times, just weird!

Worst guard duty ever is new year's eve!

Thanks to all who have to work to make everyone else's Christmas safe and healthy

Agree.

NYE nights is the worst one to be working. (If you don't have kids) nowadays the worst shifts Xmas day days.

NYE. You can here all the fireworks and are stuck there.

Also bizarrely enough we had an attempted break in on nights NYE about 3 year back. Used the cover of the noise as a decoy and the police for obvious reasons being a tad busy.

We wouldn't have known but they were thick as Xxxcc. It had been snowing and footprint on show....lol

...one of them is 24 but has a mental age of 6 and so... Understandably believes in Santa. Which is unbelievably sweet and heartbreaking...

Funny - I always imaged Six30 was a bit older than that...

No he just dribbles/slobbers a lot and when he laughs you have to duck to avoid his dentures. :mrgreen:

I was on call new years eve 1999 until 12am. Everybody thought there might be a Y2K computer disaster of some sort. Turned out totally uneventful 8-)

Pretty much like it will be in March 2019 :shock: :mrgreen: