Bike loses power

addiemartin11939

Hi all

I have a grs 125cc motorcycle, having a few issues,

As i warm my bike up leave her running for a good 5+mins then go to ride, she rides a Little bike then starts to slow down like she wants to cut out and eventually does,

I have oil fresh oil changed,

Any idea would be grateful

Thank

Adam

Hi all

I have a grs 125cc motorcycle, having a few issues,

As i warm my bike up leave her running for a good 5+mins then go to ride, she rides a Little bike then starts to slow down like she wants to cut out and eventually does,

I have oil fresh oil changed,

Any idea would be grateful

Thank

Adam

And then what happens ? Does it start again after a while or do you have to push it home again ? It sounds like a fuel issue to me . Either its not getting enough or its getting too much . Start by checking that there is enough fuel in the tank and that nothing is stopping it getting to the carb .

Edited by fastbob

Shouldn't really need choke for that long. Even in cold weather you ought to be able to run without choke after a minute. It may just be that you're fouling the plug.

Take the plug out and post a photo of what the electrode looks like

When it cuts out open the filler cap......If you hear a hissing sound, then it's possible that the fuel tank breather is clogged, causing a vacuum to form in the tank, stopping the fuel from flowing to the carb...... :wink: