Idiots :(

emmajaneg

Just a little rant really, but today I rode home from college (it’s about a 40 minute ride, which isn’t bad) and I noticed some noises coming from my bike. I thought to myself “stop being silly Emma the bike isn’t going to fall apart” so I just carried on.

Well, I got home and tried to walk it back - sat on it - and I realised it sounded like I was trying to run over plastic, and I thought eh?? So I put the side stand down, got off and looked and couldn’t see anything until I noticed a large plastic bottle WEDGED into my bike! Well that definitely didn’t blow into there did it!?

Took it out and luckily my tyre had burnt half of it off, and that I’d didn’t get wedged in my chain and balls it up, so I am assuming some idiot has pushed it it! :(

Any of you guys nearly come off because of others doing stupid things??

Always worth a check with noises, most of the time it's nothing but paranoia aside you get to know every feel and noise your bike makes so normally spot the smallest difference before you even know what it is and where it's coming from.

Well not on my Motor bike but rather was time just after my wife had my daughter which I had to.sell.my.bike to get baby things I used to ride a.pushbike to work which I used to leave under the stairs at the empty side of the factory . So one day I I went home from work which is all up hill (hated going home lol ) the next day I rode the bike to work to find out that all 4 of my brake blocks nuts was undone ..Ok maybe 1 but NOT all 4 . So I went out the garage down the 1st part the hill and into a wall lucky the brakes worked to a extent. Went back home new nuts on all then in to work to try and find out who did it .i had an idea as I think it was the same prick who kept calling my wife while I was on nights . As it only call when this prick was not on nights (that's how fecking stupid he was ) so I went in an made it look like a funny story and yes it was him as you could see the way he was laughing he want to say ! it was me how funny am.i ! SO I slashed all.4 his tyres on his car his msda sx thing . .that was funny watching him beg the boss to lend him money to buy 4 new tyres 2 weeks before pay day..

Hope you find out who did it .. pay back is sweet

Whenever I return to my bike in the public car park I leave it in when I ride it to work I can't help but visually check things like brake hoses and calipers, then do a moving brake check within a few metres. Definitely worth doing and you can pretty much do it whilst getting on the bike so doesn't take long

That could of ended badly! Pull over next time you hear a noise

I know, that’s what scares me! I tend to overreact with things going wrong with my bike as in the past with my old bike, the back wheel randomly seized up and stopped dead, so I get scared easily

Well not on my Motor bike but rather was time just after my wife had my daughter which I had to.sell.my.bike to get baby things I used to ride a.pushbike to work which I used to leave under the stairs at the empty side of the factory . So one day I I went home from work which is all up hill (hated going home lol ) the next day I rode the bike to work to find out that all 4 of my brake blocks nuts was undone ..Ok maybe 1 but NOT all 4 . So I went out the garage down the 1st part the hill and into a wall lucky the brakes worked to a extent. Went back home new nuts on all then in to work to try and find out who did it .i had an idea as I think it was the same prick who kept calling my wife while I was on nights . As it only call when this prick was not on nights (that's how fecking stupid he was ) so I went in an made it look like a funny story and yes it was him as you could see the way he was laughing he want to say ! it was me how funny am.i ! SO I slashed all.4 his tyres on his car his msda sx thing . .that was funny watching him beg the boss to lend him money to buy 4 new tyres 2 weeks before pay day..

Hope you find out who did it .. pay back is sweet

Damn that sounds rough! I bet I was sweet too...

I still have the bottle, you can see clearly that my tyre had worn it down so I’m going to take it into college and ask if they have cctv down their, and when I do find out who it is I’ll smack him over the head with the damn thing and let loose! Perhaps 😂

Walked out of the pub with my girlfriend, her moped ( step-thru chicken chaser) was missing, moment of sheer panic, I then spotted a group of local yoofs hiding around the corner giggling, I was just about to give chase when the gf spotted her moped - it was on the top of the flat roof above the gents bogs on its stand.

Luckily I was able to get the assistance of a couple of burly blokes out of the bar to help get it down, no damage.

The local yoofs booed.

Foot note:

One of the blokes who helped us recognised one of the yoofs, next time we were in that pub someone anonymously brought us a round of drinks as way of apology and passed on an assurance that our bikes were now safe from any type of interference.

Walked out of the pub with my girlfriend, her moped ( step-thru chicken chaser) was missing, moment of sheer panic, I then spotted a group of local yoofs hiding around the corner giggling, I was just about to give chase when the gf spotted her moped - it was on the top of the flat roof above the gents bogs on its stand.

Luckily I was able to get the assistance of a couple of burly blokes out of the bar to help get it down, no damage.

The local yoofs booed.

Foot note:

One of the blokes who helped us recognised one of the yoofs, next time we were in that pub someone anonymously brought us a round of drinks as way of apology and passed on an assurance that our bikes were now safe from any type of interference.

How stupid though! I would have done something :/

I had it in my Lexmoto too but it turned out I had left a bike lock through the rear wheel.

My boyfriends brother did a similar thing with his, he left the disc lock on it and came right off :(

I did the same thing as your boyfriends brother, unfortunately in front of lots of people on an S1000RR, threw myself under the bike and saved it getting any damage and my brother pulled it off me, was so embarrassing though! :oops: .

I hope you find out who put the bottle in your tyre, that just isn’t funny.

Bikerdad, can’t believe what a knob that guy is doing that to your pushbike, glad he got what he deserved.

If your gut feeling tells you the bike doesn't feel right then trust it,pull over and check it out.

Last year I was riding the R1 home from work going along a twisty section of about 5 miles, then about 7 miles on the A5 which is fast and fairly straight (what did the Romans ever do for us ?).On the twisty bit went rode a quickish bend and felt the rear end twitch where it doesn't normally,put it down to the road surface and carried on.Rode along the A5 no problem,then when I turned off the rear stepped out badly so I pulled over to find the rear tyre flat as a pancake.

With hindsight I should have stopped at the first hint of an issue.

I'm one of those who the first hint of any kind of odd noise and I'm convinced it's something terminal. So I tend to spot problems very early but it does sometimes mean I'm stopping frequently only to find it's some plonker's stereo ramped up to earthquake proportions.

I put it down to brainless dip shites watching TV seeing Tom an jerry or carry on film thinking .. as no one with a working brain messes with a vehicle or push bike brakes .steering . Wheels .

I did see one tv show where they filled the bike frame up with sand .. make it heavy . But some thing that will kill you no .. Just plain stupid