Honda cbr help!

Carter101

Hi everybody. I'm having some real trouble with my Honda cbr125r. I have managed to diagnose that the starter motor is not working. Now the problem is that I can't get the thing off the engine to change it. I have taken all the necessary bolts off but the thing won't budge at all I've even hit it with a hammer a few times but still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? As it's really annoying me now and I can't ride it until I take the old one off and put the new one I have on.

Thanks

Hold on there , have you had the alternator cover off yet ? I think you're going to have to get in there anyway when you put it back on . Starter motors are usually a tight fit but don't hit it directly with a hammer, use a piece of soft wood pressed against it and hit that.

wp_ss_20181228_0001.thumb.png.af66c521cefd484a8626b9976e1753c4.png

Edited by fastbob

Hold on there , have you had the alternator cover off yet ? I think you're going to have to get in there anyway when you put it back on . Starter motors are usually a tight fit but don't hit it directly with a hammer, use a piece of soft wood pressed against it and hit that.

I've got the alternator cover off yes. I've tried popping it out from that way as well but it still won't move

I've got the alternator cover off yes. I've tried popping it out from that way as well but it still won't move

Ok, I can only suggest trying to knock it one way and another until you free the seal where it plugs into the casing. It's in a fairly exposed location so maybe a bit of corrosion has set in . Try some penetrating oil and then jiggle it up and down whole tapping it from the alternator side . Don't hit anything directly with a metal hammer though like in the useless video I found. Good luck.

Ok, I can only suggest trying to knock it one way and another until you free the seal where it plugs into the casing. It's in a fairly exposed location so maybe a bit of corrosion has set in . Try some penetrating oil and then jiggle it up and down whole tapping it from the alternator side . Don't hit anything directly with a metal hammer though like in the useless video I found. Good luck.

OK thanks. I'll try that and hopefully It will eventually come free.

If you need any advice on servicing it when you do get it out let me know, I did one recently.

If you need any advice on servicing it when you do get it out let me know, I did one recently.

Thank you. That would be helpful. I'll let you know how it goes when I've attempted to get the starter motor off

I don't know if you already know this, but there will be a seal around where the starter motor goes into the engine to stop water getting in. This can make them a tight fit, are you just being a bit of a jessie? :lol:

I don't know if you already know this, but there will be a seal around where the starter motor goes into the engine to stop water getting in. This can make them a tight fit, are you just being a bit of a jessie? :lol:

Haha nope it was stuck on there pretty bad. Have now manged to get it off :D

Haha nope it was stuck on there pretty bad. Have now manged to get it off :D

I found this , everything you need to know.https://www.mrcycles.com/startermotors