Navigation

BMW Navigator II 8-)

Otherwise I mark it on the map on my phone and take a look if/when my memory fails en route. I do try and memorise as much as I can beforehand though, I'm a bit old skool (stuck in my ways) like that..

I use Waze and Scenic on my iPhone. I don’t see the point of a dedicated sat nav.

once you use one you will realise its the way to go

Ask [mention]Hoggs[/mention] she has been converted :)

I use Waze and Scenic on my iPhone. I don’t see the point of a dedicated sat nav.

Ask @Hoggs she has been converted :)

I had a sat nav in the car but Waze does everything better so gave the sat nav to a friend. Also the iPhone is with me anyway so it is easier to use it for navigation.

I’ve used a Garmin and Waze, my only gripe with Waze is there’s a dialogue box that blocks part of the map. There’s probably a setting I’ve got wrong. But Waze seems to pick better routes than the Garmin.

Most of the time I don’t use either, it’s more exciting when you’re not sure where you’re going.

O rieley, aviemore to Braemar 25min? That was what it told me sat on the bike in aviemore, I'm sure that's possible but only if you can do a straight line on a road that don't exist, after 15min it still said 25min, I switched back to Google which had a more realistic 1hr10

I had a sat nav in the car but Waze does everything better so gave the sat nav to a friend. Also the iPhone is with me anyway so it is easier to use it for navigation.

As a general rule a car sat nav is used to get from point A to point B usually via the fastest route

A bike sat nav is so much more than this .....compare waze to a bike sat nav on say a 10 day tour of Europe :lol:

Yup. Liked copilot but it became unreliable whereas my Garmin Zumo is great. Easier to use with gloves on, better screen. :thumb:

Google maps for me hands down. I've had a couple of tomtom's in the motorhome through mainland Europe, very slow processors stupid routes through housing estates etc, never again. The tomtom is now demoted to speedometer.

Don't use anything on the bike but I used Google maps once on a trip to Sheffield. Phone (samsung s8) stuck on the tank in a magnetic case

Zumo 660 on the bike. The garmin is ok but it's so clunky to use and the displayed image just looks like a 1980's computer game.

There's a cure for that. Buy one that wasn't designed more than 10 years ago. :thumb:

You should see snodblatters antique... It looks like it's running DOS. :lol:

Zumo 660 on the bike. The garmin is ok but it's so clunky to use and the displayed image just looks like a 1980's computer game.

There's a cure for that. Buy one that wasn't designed more than 10 years ago. :thumb:

You should see snodblatters antique... It looks like it's running DOS. :lol:

Have tried a newer one as well, still horrible particularly given the cost and their software like express and basecamp is also horrible.