Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Congratulations Hoggs, I've just had a quick look at the map and it looks great.

I particularly like the way you've kept the basic idea but added a couple of new twists.

Look like it's off out tomorrow to find the pubs for me.

Can we get the new link in the quick links at the top of the page please. The one there is for last years (2018)

@Stu can you work your magic please :mrgreen:

No!

I'm out :lol:

But yeah I will sort it :thumb:

Hi @[mention]Hoggs[/mention], you really stepped up with this challenge, looks good and love the extra's tags, looking forward to a good year, just trying to figure out how to get the bike to Denver :scratch: :cheers:

@Bender you'll get docked points for posting in the wrong thread if you're not careful :lol: I've moved it here...

And there are lots of pubs and dealerships near you so :raspberry:

Sorry if it's not on the map I don't understand, Is this what they mean by the north south divide

I think your being northernist

#metoo

:D

@Bender you'll get docked points for posting in the wrong thread if you're not careful :lol: I've moved it here...

And there are lots of pubs and dealerships near you so :raspberry:

Sorry if it's not on the map I don't understand, Is this what they mean by the north south divide

I think your being northernist

#metoo

:D

I think it's so you don't have an unfair advantage, you could happily visit any other area but those living elsewhere don't want to visit the north east.

Well I admire your honesty, I wouldn't want to drive past Sunderland either

Is that near Watford? Don't go past that :lol:

If it's covered in smog and looks like scene from the time machine circa the morlocks era then yup it's one and the same.

I like the new tags particularly the dealers... Will have to look for one or 2 brands...

The pubs though... For some it is quicker for me to walk to!

One is one of my locals :cheers:

Distances from home...

1. Red Lion - 3 miles

2. White Hart - 3/4 mile

3. Swan - 4 miles

4. Plough - 3 miles

5. Rose & Crown - 18 miles and 12 speed cameras :shock: that's Dorset for you :!:

6. Kings Arms - 1.5 miles

7. Hare & Hounds - 3 miles

8. Chequers - 1.5 miles

9. Rising Sun - 2 miles

10. Travellers Rest - 5 miles

So I can do them all in a day and one tank of juice..

Not complaining previous years there has always been one that was challenging...

If you can make it here, we can help you sort something out - few rental places around, who knows might even be able to loan something at some point :wink:

BUT.... There is nothing in the states west of you!

I'm riding a Harley in Utah, and states west & NW from there in September. Doing a bit of 'Route 66' as a 66 year old biker!

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] Why nothing else in the States? :?

:tumble: :scratch: :popcorn: :booty: :crybaby: :angel12: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I like the new tags particularly the dealers... Will have to look for one or 2 brands...

Distances from home...

1. Red Lion - 3 miles

2. White Hart - 3/4 mile

3. Swan - 4 miles

4. Plough - 3 miles

5. Rose & Crown - 18 miles and 12 speed cameras :shock: that's Dorset for you :!:

8. Chequers - 1.5 miles

9. Rising Sun - 2 miles

Not complaining previous years there has always been one that was challenging...

I think your 'Traveller's Rest' is probably my nearest!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

I’m using my phone and the link to all locations is not working correctly for me :crybaby:

It opens up google maps but there are no locations at all. Only my current position.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorted. I had to open it up in a new tab. This then stopped the google maps app opening.

Distances from home...

1. Red Lion - 3 miles

2. White Hart - 3/4 mile

3. Swan - 4 miles

4. Plough - 3 miles

8. Chequers - 1.5 miles

9. Rising Sun - 2 miles

They're your nearest pubs......but you could try to find some a bit further afield......We did that a few years ago, as we could have done them all in a couple of hours.....so we picked some farther away, but enroute or near some of the other tags......just to make it a bit more of a challenge. .... :wink: