Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

@Slowlycatchymonkey I have added another link to the map let me know if that works

Link takes me to the member map, no locations showing :scratch:

Make sure that all instances of maps is closed on your device.....then click the link again.... 8-)

@Slowlycatchymonkey I have added another link to the map let me know if that works

click the menu in your google maps (top left) scroll down and see if it gives you the option to remove the layers for members map and it may also give you the option to show the challenge map

If you can make it here, we can help you sort something out - few rental places around, who knows might even be able to loan something at some point :wink:

BUT.... There is nothing in the states west of you!

I'm riding a Harley in Utah, and states west & NW from there in September. Doing a bit of 'Route 66' as a 66 year old biker!

@Hoggs Why nothing else in the States? :?

:tumble: :scratch: :popcorn: :booty: :crybaby: :angel12: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Not my fault you chose to visit the crap states :wink:

If you can make it here, we can help you sort something out - few rental places around, who knows might even be able to loan something at some point :wink:

BUT.... There is nothing in the states west of you!

I'm riding a Harley in Utah, and states west & NW from there in September. Doing a bit of 'Route 66' as a 66 year old biker!

@Hoggs Why nothing else in the States? :?

:tumble: :scratch: :popcorn: :booty: :crybaby: :angel12: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Not my fault you chose to visit the crap states :wink:

Oh yes it is! :booty:

They're your nearest pubs......but you could try to find some a bit further afield......We did that a few years ago, as we could have done them all in a couple of hours.....so we picked some farther away, but enroute or near some of the other tags......just to make it a bit more of a challenge. .... :wink:

Actually the nearest Rose and Crown is 4 miles away so they are ridiculously close. When it comes to the tags after the pubs and Bike dealers the rest become more of a challenge...

Now with increased child access :cheers: and puppy dog (remember post about trailer :tumble: ), means I am restricted to 8 till 3 ish on the bike for every day runs. Plus work has changed recently so I work a mile and a half from home, my biking time is somewhat restricted :(

So when I get to go distance I often forget the tags that cannot be done in a day and choose choose good roads and destinations and only pic up tags if I happen to be passing. Think its why come May I have done the ones I can get in a day..

I like the new tags particularly the dealers... Will have to look for one or 2 brands...

The pubs though... For some it is quicker for me to walk to!

One is one of my locals :cheers:

Distances from home...

1. Red Lion - 3 miles

2. White Hart - 3/4 mile

3. Swan - 4 miles

4. Plough - 3 miles

5. Rose & Crown - 18 miles and 12 speed cameras :shock: that's Dorset for you :!:

6. Kings Arms - 1.5 miles

7. Hare & Hounds - 3 miles

8. Chequers - 1.5 miles

9. Rising Sun - 2 miles

10. Travellers Rest - 5 miles

So I can do them all in a day and one tank of juice..

Not complaining previous years there has always been one that was challenging...

I think your 'Traveller's Rest' is probably my nearest!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

There's one near Dunstable

click the menu in your google maps (top left) scroll down and see if it gives you the option to remove the layers for members map and it may also give you the option to show the challenge map

Gives me no option to close layers or sign out but can change user, stuck a different email address in there n voila “I can see”

Looks like I’m going to have a nice little trip to Cornwall :D

Broomfield, Maidstone ME17 1PT

Anything specific as there's quite a bit of stuff there.

On Broom field road there is a lodge as the entrance to Broomfield estate and B&B. Have a look on google street view.

Broomfield, Maidstone ME17 1PT

Anything specific as there's quite a bit of stuff there.

On Broom field road there is a lodge as the entrance to Broomfield estate and B&B. Have a look on google street view.

:stupid: Anything with a Broomfield sign!

What about having a game of chequers at home with a beer?

Judge rules..... NOT ALLOWED

Although if you hand painted a sign that said Chequers and had a beer and your number under it then I might make a Via only too-broken-to-ride allowance :lol:

What about having a game of chequers at home with a beer?

Judge rules..... NOT ALLOWED

Although if you hand painted a sign that said Chequers and had a beer and your number under it then I might make a Via only too-broken-to-ride allowance :lol:

WOuld they not also have to invite other members roud for beer to tag same such impromptu pub as a pub for one is not really a pub...