More advanced training?

Having passed my test in December and bought my first real bike I could Invest in things to make it faster but I think its probably more effective to make ME faster (safer, more efficient). I can transfer that into any bike. So I'm considering the options.

I could do IAM but I've just had a big helping of road training. I could do track training to get me through corners. A couple of time in corners I've felt the back go light so I wonder if adventure biking or dirt biking would help my instinctive riding. After all, many track champions have transferred from off-road motorbiking. There might be other training to look at. I don't know the best way to find them or relative benefits.

Thoughts?

Priorities?

Suggestions?

Do some on track training with a good instructor. I went on the Ron Haslam track day last April and I learnt so much.

There is a thread about it in the track days part of this forum.

It also gave me a good appetite for more training.

Here is the thread: https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=66045

Post #22 is my write up of the experience

have you had the bike set up for you ie suspension ?

if your upsetting the bike that bad

your either riding it wrong for that situation or your bike is trying to tell you things

ps faster is not safer

But

Safer may make you faster as in consistent and smooth ..your top speed may drop but your average speed will increase

TimR. That's exactly my point. There is little point upgrading the bike if I am the weakest component on it. Whether you call that; "faster", "safer" or "more efficient" is academic. Being able to corner faster without dropping it doesn't make it mandatory. It just means being able to ride well within a better skill level.

......unless your point was to spend £thousands to make my CBR500 the ultimate badass machine :lol: and then learn to ride it, but I don't think it was.