Dream bike

geofferz

Any bike would look good with free insurance free fuel and servicing.

The great bikes are great despite and maybe because of having the pain of paying for all of that. Pain and misery makes pleasure and beauty worthwhile. I often hit myself with a stick simply to keep my perspective.

we used to have long and painful plane rides and remember them with affection, these days we zoom off in 777's in great comfort and it means little.

Someone jab me with a pointy stick I'm not suffering enough.

And by the way there are no dream bikes I want 4 bikes one for thrills one for posturing one for commuting and one for touring

Marques' gp bike please or maybe that road version rc214-c or whatever it's called.

I wouldn't mind a new Fatboy Harley or a new r1 tho, never could I warrant 15-20k on a bike tho.

Realistically I wouldn't ever sell my xjr, I can only see me writing it off being the end of our relationship tbh.

I'll take one of these please

Ooooh I saw one of these at the weekend! It was being ridden by someone being a right moron at some lights/filtering, but there was no mistaking that headlight (and green)! I did wonder what it was!

• 3 months later...

My dream bike would look fairly similar to this .Strictly speaking this isn't a Harley because its got an S&S engine but nearly everything else is Harley .

WP_20180506_17_19_59_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.440c6484f087f21e908d6329e9c2168d.jpg

Edited by fastbob

The RCV road bike must be pretty epic, another favourite of mine is the Yamaha R7 (for the newer riders no I didn’t make a typo and mean to say R6) loved the R7 WSB bike back in the day with Nori Haga almost beating the dominant V Twin Ducati’s of the era on it!.

Iv always wanted a GPZ900R A1 what in1st seen ..Top Gun .. that what got me.in to bikes then I wanted ZZR1300 then it was FJR1300 (got it and didn't like it) the its was ZX9 Ninja . Now it's the H2 bikes that look nice .or Triamph bonival ok I don't know ...

When I was younger I always wanted an R1 SP, I think it was one of the first road bikes to break the HP per KG ratio (but I might be wrong).

Anyway black bike with gold wheels what's not to love.

Oddly enough.. it was an MV that got me interested in alternatives. Ive always been an admirer of MV, more than Ducati, for a great many years. Ive always thought they were a little more 'exclusive' and.. from a purely aesthetic standpoint, more interesting. So, when the fancy takes me I look at them and kinda dream "what if?"

last year I came across this special.

MV.thumb.png.e287264c9b3974a5c3272e857f18d0ad.png

Based around a Brutale 920. a family of bikes, Ive really liked the look of since they first appeared. And the 920 was the best of them. And the one to get now that they are at least 6yrs old and affordable. (and proven)

But that special, what really leapt out of me was the wheels.. I have never seen wheels like them before. really quite wacky. (spoked and tubeless and tapeless)

another example.

339269194_MVCafe.thumb.jpg.3dea2c5988e966321113a709b699ac23.jpg

and here I am.. a few months later waiting for a set of wheels just like these to arrive. lesson: looking at fantasy bikes can be dangerous (to your bank balance)