How slow is the YBR125?

Muchachas

Never even tried a Yamaha.

I meant the Chinesium big bore kits...

No , but if acquired a YBR 125 as a cheap run about and it was feeling a bit tired I would definitely stick one of these on it for a giggle. What is there to lose ? YBR,s are made in China anyway.

Loaded up for some touring, with a 16 stone rider, going up the Dukes Pass, the top speed of a YBR125 is 25mph.

Oh the poor thing , it should be rescued from this life of back breaking toil and be allowed to spend the remainder of its days in a YBR sanctuary. Please help ,for just £3.00 a month we'll send you a cuddly YBR ......

Loaded up for some touring, with a 16 stone rider, going up the Dukes Pass, the top speed of a YBR125 is 25mph.

Oh the poor thing , it should be rescued from this life of back breaking toil and be allowed to spend the remainder of its days in a YBR sanctuary. Please help ,for just £3.00 a month we'll send you a cuddly YBR ......

It was 4 years old with 4000 miles on it when I got it. I traded it in 18 months later with 8000 miles on it, for only £400 less than I paid for it.

5733643420_e9bc66cb39_z.jpg

• 5 months later...

I put a150cc kit plus a 16t front cog, £60 for part and about a day to fit both but I’m a slow spanner. Runs like a dream and feels like a different bike. The extra torque of the 150cc kit is not noticeable until the 16t front cog is fitted.

Stringed ip hill and two up NIE. An honest 60mph cruising speed is not a lie. I suggest fitting these bits and leaving everything else standard .

I put a150cc kit plus a 16t front cog, £60 for part and about a day to fit both but I’m a slow spanner. Runs like a dream and feels like a different bike. The extra torque of the 150cc kit is not noticeable until the 16t front cog is fitted.

Stringed ip hill and two up NIE. An honest 60mph cruising speed is not a lie. I suggest fitting these bits and leaving everything else standard .

Nice one . I've suggested this from time to time as a cheap solution to piston failure issues . To be fair , some of these Chinese big bore kits are ridiculously cheap so take care to run it in and keep on top of your oil changes . It will be interesting to see how long this thing lasts but I wish you the best of luck with it .