Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

Don't forget to reset your challenge scores to zero at the start of the 2019 challenge. :thumb:

Bugger!

I usually do this before the start but totally forgot!

I'm sure those who have already got tags can re add them if I remove them all?

Edit: removed all the old scores and updated the current ones :thumb:

Oh yes forgot to do that!

Collecting tags today caused great joy and great fear! Some of the roads were lovely and empty, one road between Taunton and the 303 was great- good tarmac completely empty, sun shining and good views followed by a series of completely unnecessary google map detours (shakes fist violently at that there Google) with a good dose of the steepest fear inducing decents and inclines down some muddy farm tracks that were made of gravel, sludge and potholes. If someone suggested I had a go at it it would have been a definite I should cocoa. On the upside me n 9T picked our way through it and I now have no fear off road!

Here’s the lovely view from tag ‘Route 303’

9F7EC41E-9B21-4390-AF2A-F73E4F96CB58.thumb.jpeg.7030f21381107e3e85e30698b5988f9b.jpeg

There’s some lovely’s tags for the South West :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: including the Sammy Miller museum.

60 mile round trip and get the 2 tags at the end.........actually rode past a Swan pub and a different White Hart without realising. . Lol.

But, it was good to get out on the bikes.....a bit soggy to start off with......but it got better as we went along..... 8-)

60 mile round trip and get the 2 tags at the end.........actually rode past a Swan pub and a different White Hart without realising. . Lol.

But, it was good to get out on the bikes.....a bit soggy to start off with......but it got better as we went along..... 8-)

Did you fall foul of the darn google too or was it Tangoogle that failed? :D

Did you fall foul of the darn google too or was it Tangoogle that failed? :D

Tangoogle malfunction I'm afraid. ...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

[mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] fraid you are going to have to post you latest pics again re Haynes motor museum, and the museum piccies.

Liked the DKW. Pity we lost the replies to the steam drives. :lol:

Hey guys hopefully you all still have your pictures if not I think it's only [mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] who we lost? and I did see them!! so you'll keep your extra 20 points

Hey guys hopefully you all still have your pictures if not I think it's only @Slowlycatchymonkey who we lost? and I did see them!! so you'll keep your extra 20 points

I lost 50 points! but re-added them straight away cos I was unlikely to remember my score for more than 5 mins. Like you say there’s no point cheating!

• 5 weeks later...

[mention]fullscreenaging[/mention] saw your post about Willingham Woods - one Google street view did seem to show a sign but the other one didn't. It's been noted there is no sign and you can vouch authenticity of further taggers :lol: :lol:

@fullscreenaging saw your post about Willingham Woods - one Google street view did seem to show a sign but the other one didn't. It's been noted there is no sign and you can vouch authenticity of further taggers :lol: :lol:

:lol: No problem

There is an Easter Egg in my photos for you, but it’s very hard to see. I know it’s there and even I found it hard to spot. Keep an eye out for further photos of mine. I’ll try and make sure it’s clearer.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lovely ride out today 18 degrees in Bristol- I boiled in my sub zero suit until I unplugged and opened some vents!

Lots of people milling about in the sunshine outside. A guy that took tag photos for me was getting his KTM fixed before he goes to Norway at the weekend after which he has a weekend in Spain on his bike.

I made a new (unwelcome) friend in the biker cafe who plonked himself down next to me and proceeded to regale me with ummm not sure he was on about for quite some time! Apart from that it was a fine and dandy riding day.

I’ve realised why my riding is smooth and enjoyable at the beginning of the ride and scrappy n disjointed at the end. SPEEEED.

I’ve realised why my riding is smooth and enjoyable at the beginning of the ride and scrappy n disjointed at the end. SPEEEED.

.....Seriously, it's 'cos you are getting tired......just nature's way of letting you know it's time for a rest........listen to her. I've ignored her in the past, and found out that she wasn't lying...... :roll: But - where was the photo of the fabled BMW? I wanna see your new mudguards!

.....Seriously, it's 'cos you are getting tired......just nature's way of letting you know it's time for a rest........listen to her. I've ignored her in the past, and found out that she wasn't lying...... :roll: But - where was the photo of the fabled BMW? I wanna see your new mudguards!

Aah yes the mudguards.... well I’m not sure how they haven’t been put on yet but somehow they haven’t and I can say I definitely need them, poor 9T is plastered 😬 Coincidentally I found the man to finish them today! Well I say found, I haven’t asked him yet but he’s highly recommended (by all accounts he’s such a lunatic people avoid him but he has an OCD about things being perfect and takes time over every job :thumb: )

It might be a rest thing, I’ll give it a go but I was suddenly aware after my speeds increased I’m not bringing it back down again when it’s no longer appropriate and kind of have the bit between my teeth on the more more MORE front. Stopping would probably fix that too!

I consciously reduced my speed right down yesterday and hey presto better (safer) riding. It reminded me of when I was a kid and I’d get off the motorway and suddenly find myself approaching a roundabout too fast. Thought I would have recognised it but one thing I’ve noticed about a bike is it wants to go fast and speed is a lot more deceptive!

Yes you do get used to travelling faster......but the thing that always gives it away for me is that I can tell when the "polish" (only a few will appreciate that!) starts to go and I start to get a bit "scrappy". The ride doesn't flow as well. But don't fear.....practice makes perfect and as you put the miles in, the riding improves.......by October you will be a riding Goddess......