Bike knocked over in parking lot

Samadielka

Hello,

I had a feeling i had to share :lol:

I got my bike on the floor when i was going out of the shop, i have 3 witness that say a car completely hammered the bike from behind, funny thing im looking a guy lifting the bike, i helped, and asked are you the driver ho hit my bike? he said sorry and went to the shop :shock: witness said thats the driver and pointed out the car. So i made a picture of the car reg, took the witness details, went to the shop to find the guy, and he start shouting and swearing that the bike is fine, and its an old damage and old bike (2016) :lol: he refused to change details, i went on the phone to police, and police had a chat with him. So hes now changed details :lol: :lol:

So in my case, its a Forca 300, left side of it some panles cracked some bruised, there is a chance its all outer damage not inside, my insurance will be taking it. Regarding the story, what do you think i should be doing with the claim and will this gonna increase my premium? :cry:

If your insurance are dealing with it then let them deal with it. They'll pretty much do everything.

If you wanted to back up your claim as not your fault then having details of the witnesses and maybe the shop keeper who may have witnessed your exchange with the driver. Some kind if incident reference number from the police for evidence of their conversation maybe? I don't know what records the police keep for such matters.

Your insurance company can advise you on the best course of action, they do this all day long every day.

I hope you get it sorted. You did right to get as many witnesses as possible and follow it up with the police.

In terms of whether it will increase your premium, if they can get the driver's insurance to pay up then it's a no blame incident....but...... there's always a but with insurance. In my experience some insurers will increase premiums if you've had any kind of incident, even one where the other driver was clearly responsible and their insurance paid up. It's not fair but when you shop around you'll often find even a no blame claim can affect the premium.

The other con is protected no claims discount. They might freeze your percentage discount but when they bung the premium up instead you still end paying more.

If you have provided your insurance company with watertight witness statements and the name of the policeman who spoke to the guy who rammed your bike, one of two things will happen:

1. They will say the blame is 50:50 and hike your premiums, because they are too lazy/stupid/dishonest (delete as appropriate) to assess the claim properly.

2. They will wait until your policy is up for renewal and then hike your premiums, because your bike clearly has magnetic/magical (delete as appropriate) properties that make it attractive to other vehicles.

:lol:

As it was outside a shop have you asked if there’s cctv, there usually is. Whilst useless at stopping crime it seems to work for accidents.

A bit of useful of advice speedy gave me a while ago- at the first whiff of any bollo let the insurance company know you are going to take independent legal advice because this sharpens them up when it comes to who’s fault it is, if it’s going to cost them time or money the hassle somehow shifts the blame!

If you’re a member of MAG they have a free advice line.

Let us know how it pans out. Good luck.

In my experience some insurers will increase premiums if you've had any kind of incident, even one where the other driver was clearly responsible and their insurance paid up. It's not fair but when you shop around you'll often find even a no blame claim can affect the premium.

It's not fair if no blame, but there's a statistic out there that if you have any sort of claim (even not at fault) you're more likely to have another incident in the next few years. I'll have to try and find it.

In my experience some insurers will increase premiums if you've had any kind of incident, even one where the other driver was clearly responsible and their insurance paid up. It's not fair but when you shop around you'll often find even a no blame claim can affect the premium.

That should be illegal, totally unfair.

[mention]Samadielka[/mention] If it helps, I had a no fault claim on record I forgot to mention when applying for a new policy, their checks brought it up on their system but it didn't increase my premium they'd already quoted me (this was with bikesure) - so not all companies will take them into account.

They will get my bike home first, then collect and drop off a courtesy bike.

I didint want the hussle, and would have excepted to check the panel prices online, and just get couple hundred quid for it. but the guy was so ignorant and try to denied everything. That i lost hope...

My insurance did say you are not able to claim on your own insurance, because you have a third party theft policy :lol: :lol:

@Samadielka If it helps, I had a no fault claim on record I forgot to mention when applying for a new policy, their checks brought it up on their system but it didn't increase my premium they'd already quoted me (this was with bikesure) - so not all companies will take them into account.

I know, that what MCE told me, they will transfer me to no fault department, it was funny when they asked, do you think it was your fault? I was in the shop when it happend :roll: :lol: :lol:

@Samadielka If it helps, I had a no fault claim on record I forgot to mention when applying for a new policy, their checks brought it up on their system but it didn't increase my premium they'd already quoted me (this was with bikesure) - so not all companies will take them into account.

I know, that what MCE told me, they will transfer me to no fault department, it was funny when they asked, do you think it was your fault? I was in the shop when it happend :roll: :lol: :lol:

Haha! Well I think you stand a good chance of the other guy's insurance paying out, as you have witnesses to back you up. It may take a quite a long time though :(

A bit of useful of advice speedy gave me a while ago- at the first whiff of any bollo let the insurance company know you are going to take independent legal advice because this sharpens them up when it comes to who’s fault it is, if it’s going to cost them time or money the hassle somehow shifts the blame!

This.

My brother and I have both had this sort of BS from insurance companies, and both when someone reversed into our cars when they were properly parked: in my case it was the woman who lives across from my mother, who shot out of her drive backwards, straight across the road and into my car; in my brother's case it was in a supermarket car park. In his case there were plenty of witnesses, and in mine not only did the driver admit in writing that she hadn't been paying attention, but my mother's neighbour (who had been in her front garden at the time) also saw the whole thing and provided a written statement. In both cases the other party insurance companies were adamant that the blame was 50:50 until we told them we'd be taking independent legal advice, and that if this advice concluded that they were wrong we would also be pursuing them for recovery of our legal costs, at which point they suddenly remembered how to do their jobs properly.

This.

My brother and I have both had this sort of BS from insurance companies, and both when someone reversed into our cars when they were properly parked: in my case it was the woman who lives across from my mother, who shot out of her drive backwards, straight across the road and into my car; in my brother's case it was in a supermarket car park. In his case there were plenty of witnesses, and in mine not only did the driver admit in writing that she hadn't been paying attention, but my mother's neighbour (who had been in her front garden at the time) also saw the whole thing and provided a written statement. In both cases the other party insurance companies were adamant that the blame was 50:50 until we told them we'd be taking independent legal advice, and that if this advice concluded that they were wrong we would also be pursuing them for recovery of our legal costs, at which point they suddenly remembered how to do their jobs properly.

They really are the lowest ebb. When someone drove into the back of me whilst I was stationary I naively thought that as there was no possible way I was at fault the insurance company I pay would be on my side and it would be cut and dry. Not so.

At least the majority of road accidents are just that, accidents where as the insurance companies are deliberately thieving barstewards.

I think your heart sinks when there’s a knock not because of the damage but mainly because you know there’s a whole load of hassle following thanks to lies and insurance companies.

I had an accident a couple of years back in my car. Turning right just after a pinch point ( 6ft 6 width restriction) and a car came at speed the wrong side of the island took the front bumper off my car. Didn't stop ( actually I don't think he even slowed down) but luckily I have a dash cam I was able to get the registration to give to my insurance co with all the details video footage etc and they got my car repaired as a no fault claim no arguing.

I also gave the video to the local Police who prosecuted the driver for speeding and Driving without due care and I understood he lost his license due to points totting up thats what I call a win win 8-)

The only problem was, the courtesy car they loaned me, was one with a more powerful engine than mine. So once I got my own back I just had to change it :!:

Heres a story about trying to help.ppl when it comes to bumps .. i understand when you have a bump and its a str8 accident you feel sorry for the other driver as we did many years ago this lad must been in his 20s cut across infrontnof us with out looking and ripped the front bumper off out car . He was so upset as my wife was pregnant at the time he was upset about hurting the baby and it was all his fault not looking he pay for it all . we was just 2mins from our house so I put the bumper in my car an we all went to my house when we got there he said can we not go thro the insurance as his dad will pay to get.the car fixed as his uncle had a garage so we said ok he used our phone ( no mobiles then ) to call a garage to price up the parts as it was bump.lights grill as it all looked like healed on by plastic grommets not nuts an bolts . So he had a rough price to tell his dad .So off the kid went we gave him out house number and we had his . So after a cupl days we called him to ask when we getting the car fixed . .. we had the reply !!! feck off !!! It was your fault and hung up .So that was it called the insurance .and informed the cops .. The kid had no insurance . The cars reg was not for that car . He was in a festa and the reg belonged to a sapphire. So the cops couldn't find the drivers name an address the insurance could not help due to him not having any for that car . .. lucky I had taken photos of the car and the damage to mine and his which had the reg and model of the car and 2 of the photos He was in them . He was so stessed he didn't see me taken pics .As in had problems before and being a lorry driver I had in the cab and in the car paper pens and disposable camera. In the end he got done for a whole list of things . And it was months before I got the car fixed . So if the guy who hit your bike was not a dick with his attitued still go thro the insurance and cops ALWAYS as there scum out there who will take you for a mug as this little shit used my phone and drank my coffee

. Dont belive anyone who says don't go thro the insurance I'll fix it.. As they problialy DONT HAVE insurance .

On the other hand there was the taxi driver who changed lanes without looking and swiped the front of my old banger. To be honest it was just one more dent amongst many battle scars so I was quite happy when he suggested a cash in hand offer and no need to involve the insurance. Fair enough he rolled up exactly as promised and paid up in full. Which bought me a nice new top box. :cheers: I'm still driving round with the dent in the wing.

This.

Nice, il keep that in mind with the independent legal advice, as its a strong case, mcdonalds even have a footage how he tried to do a monster truck show :) they are dropping me a spare bike on friday, woop woop :D

Heres a story about trying to help.ppl when it comes to bumps .. i understand when you have a bump and its a str8 accident you feel sorry for the other driver as we did many years ago this lad must been in his 20s cut across infrontnof us with out looking and ripped the front bumper off out car . He was so upset as my wife was pregnant at the time he was upset about hurting the baby and it was all his fault not looking he pay for it all . we was just 2mins from our house so I put the bumper in my car an we all went to my house when we got there he said can we not go thro the insurance as his dad will pay to get.the car fixed as his uncle had a garage so we said ok he used our phone ( no mobiles then ) to call a garage to price up the parts as it was bump.lights grill as it all looked like healed on by plastic grommets not nuts an bolts . So he had a rough price to tell his dad .So off the kid went we gave him out house number and we had his . So after a cupl days we called him to ask when we getting the car fixed . .. we had the reply !!! feck off !!! It was your fault and hung up .So that was it called the insurance .and informed the cops .. The kid had no insurance . The cars reg was not for that car . He was in a festa and the reg belonged to a sapphire. So the cops couldn't find the drivers name an address the insurance could not help due to him not having any for that car . .. lucky I had taken photos of the car and the damage to mine and his which had the reg and model of the car and 2 of the photos He was in them . He was so stessed he didn't see me taken pics .As in had problems before and being a lorry driver I had in the cab and in the car paper pens and disposable camera. In the end he got done for a whole list of things . And it was months before I got the car fixed . So if the guy who hit your bike was not a dick with his attitued still go thro the insurance and cops ALWAYS as there scum out there who will take you for a mug as this little shit used my phone and drank my coffee

. Dont belive anyone who says don't go thro the insurance I'll fix it.. As they problialy DONT HAVE insurance .

I feel sorry when reading your story mate, thats really fkcd up, from my personal experience and all the stories ive heard, i would only accept cash in hand and off you go.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just an update, at the beginning they said they will fix the bike and thats it. In that case i was mad that the claim will stay on my history and my premium gonna go up even if its a non fault claim, and all the hustle for nothin. So because the guy had 2 policies taken out. They couldn't locate his insurance. So i had to fill MIB forms, some agance that deals with complicated cases. So independent mehanic was sent, and he written off my bike cat N. They called as said i will get 2.6k back and my bike. Very exited :lol: 8-)

But what do i need to do with that cat N? Only my insurance said i got 14 days to sent them New MOT. And on google i cant find any info that u need some other checks or to notify dvla. Help, cheerzz

Unfortunately bro I had a car go through a red light into the side of my car at 50mph, wrtie me car off and put me in hospital, when insurance finally settled my next insurance due date premium was higher, when I asked why they said because I had been in a accident within the last 5 years, I told them it wernt my fault and all proven.

They said the computer basically makes the decisions and it says im more liable to be in a accident now compared to everyone else... Scam as always im at more of a risk of someone running a red light then anyone else haha