Had my first crash already . Am i at fault ?

Elcoop

Personal opinion : Don't do it... it's a stupid place to be unless you're going dead slow and i meant a few mph at best, if you can't stop on a dime you're gonna have a bad time (a thank you very much). I'm never in such a rush i can't wait for a gap to appear on the outside where i can see and others can see me.

Professional opinion : I currently work in motor insurance and have a (reasonable) knowledge of how claims often go.. with this one i would refer to fagan v jeffers case where a motorcycle undertook stationary traffic and a car turned into a side road. this ended up 50/50.

You won't get much more than that in my opinion but i hope you get it all sorted and heal up soon, hopefully with a better appreciation of the hazards on the roads. on a side note i would recomend a bikesafe course to point out where you're going right/wrong with your riding.

Filtering on the inside? No, no, and no again. You leave yourself nowhere to go plus in addition to cars you leave yourself open to pedestrians wandering into the road. A car turning into a junction will have difficulty seeing you and if other traffic has stopped to let him across he's going to assume it's clear to go. I think you'll be lucky to get 50:50.

Personal opinion : Don't do it... it's a stupid place to be unless you're going dead slow and i meant a few mph at best, if you can't stop on a dime you're gonna have a bad time (a thank you very much). I'm never in such a rush i can't wait for a gap to appear on the outside where i can see and others can see me.

Professional opinion : I currently work in motor insurance and have a (reasonable) knowledge of how claims often go.. with this one i would refer to fagan v jeffers case where a motorcycle undertook stationary traffic and a car turned into a side road. this ended up 50/50.

You won't get much more than that in my opinion but i hope you get it all sorted and heal up soon, hopefully with a better appreciation of the hazards on the roads. on a side note i would recomend a bikesafe course to point out where you're going right/wrong with your riding.

Alright TC, tell us what you did with Tom!

Bit late to the discussion, but here are some case law examples that might help you decide:

https://www.motorcyclelawscotland.co.uk/start-your-claim/types-of-accidents/filtering/

This one in particular is close to your example, but every case is different so will be viewed differently:

https://www.motorcyclelawscotland.co.uk/why-choose-us/case-law/fagan-v-jeffers/

Alright TC, tell us what you did with Tom!

Sorry let me get back on track.

Chinese bikes are crap