Battery charger connector

trcooke

I've heard that you can get some kind of connector fitted to your bike battery so it's dead easy to connect up a charger unit to it for when it's sat in the garage for the frosty weeks of the year. At the moment it's a pain in the hole getting to the battery as you have to take the seat off and a bit of fairing.

Anyone know anything about that?

This has all come about because I was greeted with a dead battery this morning after a week unused in the garage. I didn't want to go to work anyway :)

I would also look at the battery and make sure its OK as it shouldn't have gone flat within a week

Agreed. The AA fella declared the battery knackered but he got it started then followed me round to the local garage where it's at now getting a new one. The battery was Honda branded so possibly the original from 2004.

That's what I got on mine . It's fab . You can buy male and female so you can change other items to these . As my trickle charger connector was worn .an for a new one like it was £32 a set I bought the ones showed on here from China . Taken 2 weeks I had 4 sets for £20. Free postage .. well worth the buy

This story has taken a pretty decent turn this evening.

To recap: 7am bike won't start, 8am AA fella declared battery knackered, 8:30am bike running and follows me round to the local garage, 9:30am local garage opens left them keys to replace battery. Off I go to work in the car.

5pm and said garage declare bike fixed, that'll be £85 please, oh and by the way it's only firing on 1 cylinder until warm then settles, could do with a proper service which will be another £130. I say no thanks, just the battery.

I then get on the phone to the fella at the dealer I bought the bike from last week. He's dead apologetic for the trouble saying if I'd brought it back to him he'd have sorted the battery for nothing, which is fair enough and I knew it'd cost me to take it to my local garage so I'm ok with it. He is then furious that my local guy charged me £85 and declared it extortionate, tells me how much a battery actually costs, and then apologises some more for my trouble. He had some other opinions about their suggestion a full service was required, but I won't go into that other than to say he doesn't recommend I go back there.

The surprisingly excellent conclusion to this story is that by way of making up for the dead battery and my trouble getting it sorted he is going to fit an Optimate connector to my bike and give me an Optimate charger completely free! And he's going to check the misfire while he's at it to make sure everything is operating as it should. I did not expect him to do this but it's perfect as I was looking at doing it anyway.

Nice to have a nice story to tell.

Proper customer service........someone who understands that repeat business and customer recommendations are the key to keeping your business going...... 8-)

Wouldn't hurt to name the guy that you bought the bike off......There may be others on here in that area looking to buy from a decent dealer...... 8-)

100% agree with that Tango.

The dealer is:

GRC Motorcycles

220 Upper Newtownards Road,

Belfast,

BT4 3ET

https://www.facebook.com/GRCMotorcycles

True to his word, I dropped in on my way to work Friday morning and he fitted the battery connector for me there and then and gave me an Oxford Oximiser 900. I never again have to worry again about the battery going flat.

If it was only firing on one cylinder the AA bloke would have picked it up right away and said something. Also it would be running like a dog.. don't return to that local garage ever again!!