what was/is your first bike ?

red hedgehog

To give you all a laugh here is me on my first Scooter, just turned 18. An early chinese grey import called a hundong zippy or something similar :lol:

Exhaust fell of 1st week I had it, It had next to no power whatsoever, in fact I used to have to walk with it up a particularly steep hill on my commute as it couldn't cope :oops:

unfortunately I was never able to find an insurer wiling to insure me as they wanted a uk equivalent which I couldn't give them (though being 18 and stupid I didn't put 100% effort into finding one) and approx 6 months later I was pulled over by a police trap on the way home. 6 points and a £400 fine :roll:

768370989_OldPhotos09-06-200918-17-62.thumb.JPG.00060c54792774244d00ab8022ad548b.JPG

• 2 months later...

RD125 no photos of it so you'll have to look on Google images :lol: first fast bike was my ZXR400, got a picture of that somewhere but it's an old paper one :scratch:

20181213_204745.thumb.jpg.c5dea4bd8d6b7fafb77750f92e64c69b.jpg

Taken about 1995, I haven't changed :cheers:

First bike was a TS185 field bike. Then had a 1990 RM250.

First road leagal bike was an 1991 RXS100 which I bought for £80 in 2001. I still have it and have just started a restoration on it.

Second bike was a z250 Scorpion and I have one of these as well. Getting it back on the road soon as a commuter to save miles on the SX.

1976 SS50 5 Speed.

this one

SS50 day it sold 1980.jpg

SS50 1977-2.jpg

SS50 1977.jpg

rob B

Your tax is overdue. 01/05/82 to be precise. 😁 So it looks like you did the right thing to sell it because it didn't last too long after that.

First bike was a TS185 field bike. Then had a 1990 RM250.

First road leagal bike was an 1991 RXS100 which I bought for £80 in 2001. I still have it and have just started a restoration on it.

Second bike was a z250 Scorpion and I have one of these as well. Getting it back on the road soon as a commuter to save miles on the SX.

Beware the plastic oil pump drive cog .

First bike was a 1959 BSA Bantam 175, paid £7 for it in Dec 1968. 16th birthday 2 weeks later and rode it to death from day 1 :bike2: Needed a rebore after a month. :thumb:

• 5 weeks later...

the first one I had was a 1976 fs1e in baja brown with the speed blocks and I still have it :)

What are the speed blocks?

My first bike when I was 16 in 1973 was a 1972 'L' reg FS1-E in the original Candy Gold colour (actually a SS, before they changed the name to FS1-E due to a legal name case with Honda regarding their SS 50 model).

It had the pedals that were usually set as footpegs.

I tried pedaling it to a petrol station once when it ran out of petrol, but ended up getting off it & pushing it as it was easier.

It would just about do 50 mph, with a tail wind.

I paid £110 for it, second hand & I wish I still had it as they are now worth between £5,000 & £6,000.

Mind you, my wages were only £14 per week back then.

Yamaha FS1E in 1985, no pedals so had to bump start it. Cost £50. I remember filing a mm off the exhaust port in metalwork at school. Micron exhaust. Did 62mph on the clock :D

First big bike was a GSXR750 in 1996 after passing my test. Jumped from a Vespa 125 to the GSXR, was quite a steep learning curve. Then a selection of very fast bikes over the years. 22 years later I haven't killed myself, which is a bonus.