What should I fantasise about getting next?

Muttly

Hello groovy gang. This is all about my fantasising and looking forwards. Works a bit rubbish and I am fantasising about getting a bike that would do trips up to the Peak District or down to Cornwall or over to North Wales. Sadly my 125 would render such journeys a bit too long and uncomfortable.

That said I really like the mpg and the ease for filtering and urban travel around Brum so I was thinking maybe something around 300cc (when I have my license).

Is that daft thinking? I really don’t feel the need for more than my 125 most of the time but would love to want to do longer rides.

I thought being that you all like talking bikes I would see what you think about my thinking?

Hello groovy gang. This is all about my fantasising and looking forwards. Works a bit rubbish and I am fantasising about getting a bike that would do trips up to the Peak District or down to Cornwall or over to North Wales. Sadly my 125 would render such journeys a bit too long and uncomfortable.

That said I really like the mpg and the ease for filtering and urban travel around Brum so I was thinking maybe something around 300cc (when I have my license).

Is that daft thinking? I really don’t feel the need for more than my 125 most of the time but would love to want to do longer rides.

I thought being that you all like talking bikes I would see what you think about my thinking?

I live near the peak district. My advice get a heavier bike 600cc+ overwise the side wind is too dangerous. Its the main reason i urgently upgrading from my 125cc

As for my dream bike. BMW R1200gs !

Hi all, thanks for engaging. This is fantasy land so for me there both isn’t no budget and it needs to be possible. Ideally 1k but up to maybe three and a half thousand.

Does the ER do okay with luggage? The bike sort as opposed to the chest with lots of legs from Disc World

People seem to be pointing more towards 500s than things like the Verys 300 or Suzuki v-storm 250 (may have labelled those wrongly).

There is a mention or so but more suggestion of the bigger bike it seems to me?

Hi all, thanks for engaging. This is fantasy land so for me there both isn’t no budget and it needs to be possible. Ideally 1k but up to maybe three and a half thousand.

Does the ER do okay with luggage? The bike sort as opposed to the chest with lots of legs from Disc World

People seem to be pointing more towards 500s than things like the Verys 300 or Suzuki v-storm 250 (may have labelled those wrongly).

There is a mention or so but more suggestion of the bigger bike it seems to me?

Luggage no problem.

WP_20170724_20_30_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.683a7cbf46b9bfbd37bdab8c056c523d.jpg

WP_20180717_12_40_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.899751bdb29b02f8e1f29fce72818ea7.jpg

Ideally 1k but up to maybe three and a half thousand.

This.. http://tinyurl.com/yba58zcy stick full luggage on it and get yourself across the channel.. the Alps are waiting for you.

I had its sportier looking brother and it was a great bike. highly recommended. maintenance free belt drive. under seat tank. very VERY easy to ride.

It might depend what you intend to do when you get to the peak district. If it includes going off road or really nasty back roads you might consider an adventure bike. There are lots of old ones about and they are built for lugging. If not, sports bikes are slightly more aerodynamic and narrow handle bars are good for filtering. I get 70 MPG at 70 MPH on my CBR500R and 80MPG at 60MPH.

With 500s you are in the scope of parallel twin engines. Singles are reputed to vibrate a bit more which never bothered me on my 1 hour commute, but might grate a bit over a couple of hours.

Lots of eBay searching. I like the thought of the Deauville as well.

Surprise bike like for me has been the GPZ500. Just looks good to me.

I had a GPZ500s great bike, watch for maintenance of the rear suspension linkages. Group 8 insurance :thumb: but goes like stink over 7000 revs