Random bike thread

geofferz

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if hastings direct insurance allows you to ride other bikes? I can't find any info online.

Riding other Motorcycles

Your Insurer will provide this cover, under section 3, if you’re riding another Motorcycle as long as: • Your Certificate of Motor Insurance shows that cover is included

• The owner has given you permission to ride the motorcycle

• There’s a valid insurance policy in force for the motorcycle you’re using

• You’re not covered by any other insurance policy to ride it

• You hold a valid driving licence, aren’t disqualified or breaking the conditions of your

driving licence and any relevant law

• You don’t own the motorcycle, it’s not a rental or courtesy vehicle, and you’re not hiring it

under a hire purchase contract or leasing contract

• The motorcycle hasn’t been seized or confiscated by or on behalf of any government or

public authority

• You still have your Motorcycle and it hasn’t been stolen, damaged beyond repair, or

declared a total loss (write-off)

• The motorcycle is registered in Great Britain or Northern Ireland

• The motorcycle hasn’t been lent to you by your employer or business partner

• You’re not test riding the motorcycle

• You’re riding in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

Copied from page 17. https://www.hastingsdirect.com/documents/Policy_documents/Motorbike/HD-MC-GW-06-16.pdf

If I could have a bike back again that was snatched from me by circumstances ( I trashed it ) it would be this one . Guzzled the gas, wouldn't stop and cornered like a Chieftain Tank . Ahhh...

1867752865_WP_20190127_13_01_21_Pro(2).thumb.jpg.9b8305498463a5cfa7400a396cdb1bf2.jpg

If I could have a bike back again that was snatched from me by circumstances ( I trashed it ) it would be this one . Guzzled the gas, wouldn't stop and cornered like a Chieftain Tank . Ahhh...

Old Suzukis 8-) :thumb:

Check out the size of those front discs :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you push start a bike with a battery that is 100% dead and unsavable? Or is it moot as you'd have to do it every time...

If the bike fired up you would be likely to blow the rectifier regulator as the alternator tried to charge a dead battery and this in turn might lead to further electrical damage . Not recommended at all .

Can you push start a bike with a battery that is 100% dead and unsavable? Or is it moot as you'd have to do it every time...

If the bike fired up you would be likely to blow the rectifier regulator as the alternator tried to charge a dead battery and this in turn might lead to further electrical damage . Not recommended at all .

Oh. Thanks!

Still not sure about these , it's growing on me .... the new Ice Fluo colour scheme helps ...

Nice bike , that oil cooler won't last long unless it's fitted with a massive fender extender though.

Still not sure about these , it's growing on me .... the new Ice Fluo colour scheme helps ...

Nice bike , that oil cooler won't last long unless it's fitted with a massive fender extender though.

Eh?

Yeh your right , first thing I do when I get a bike is fit a gaurd on any rads if it's not got one .

Eh?

Lol Thing he meant rad gaurd .

Eh?

We'll just look at it , its directly in the firing line for every stone and piece of shit that the exposed front tyre can throw up at it . A fender extender is an aftermarket mudguard extension .

wp_ss_20190302_0002.thumb.png.535a8e9d6916ec9ccf9d74a4cadd3a75.png