First bike MOT

anth_85

Just dropped her off for an MOT. First time I've had a bike tested. I know there is something weird with the left indicator, you flick the switch, it flashes once, then does nothing for 5 seconds before starting to flash normally. But when waiting outside another customer said the rear tyre was square. It looks fine to me but as it's my first bike I am now not sure and I'm now expecting a bill 😖

just had the call, rear tyre is advisory there is enough on it to pass but probably should be changed soon, the front tyre is dead. Im quite shocked at to be honest I thought it looked like there were loads of life left it in. Nevermind if I was changing the rear (which I would from an advisory) then I'd do them as a pair anyway. The indicator is probably the switchgear, they are going to look at it this afternoon. Their tyre supplier is shut today so they'll get a price for the same Bridgestone battlax bt023 that are already on tomorrow.

How much did it cost and how long was it?

£29.50 for the test, waiting to see how much the indicator and tyres will cost. But if that's all that is wrong with a 16-year-old bike I am quite happy.

Hi . It's like waiting for your wife to give birth when you Take your bike or car in for MOT .

I had mine last week and I had tyre advisory and a loose headbaring . But again 22 year old bike that's good .

Iv got the bike booked in for middle of Feb for them to do the front tyre again battleax 23 .. and then to check the headbaring as they said its Been loose for the last 2 years (mots) and iv had it looked at and can't find out how they say its loose. As one the signs is wobble at speeds got nothing slow or fast .

Our local MOT place do bikes as you turn up on Saturdays........The testers are bikers, so we normally hang around while they're doing the bikes and have a chat and a cuppa.....they're pretty fair with the test....... 8-)

I would say that the indicator problem may be the flasher relay.....A bit slow getting going....... :wink:

Not a fan of the Battleaxes. .....prefer Pilot Roads..... 8-)

the shop cant get the bridgestone, they've recommended the pilots, I'm just not sure which ones to go for, the power 1, power 2ct or road 5.

I would say that the indicator problem may be the flasher relay.....A bit slow getting going....... :wink:

they've had the switchgear apart and said it was a corroded connection so that is solved now.

the shop cant get the bridgestone, they've recommended the pilots, I'm just not sure which ones to go for, the power 1, power 2ct or road 5.

I have just gone from Bridgestone to Road 5s. The road 5 are superb tyres with so much more grip. Very inspiring in this weather

I don't know much about tyres as I always used to have pireills tyres but I always ended up buying new tyres before my bro in law did and he used battleax tyres so I swapped to battleax .. So would you guys say road pilots are better .. sports touring on a 750 ...

Depends on your riding!

I notice you say you are new to this so going by that I would go for the road 5's

I don't know much about tyres as I always used to have pireills tyres but I always ended up buying new tyres before my bro in law did and he used battleax tyres so I swapped to battleax .. So would you guys say road pilots are better .. sports touring on a 750 ...

I'd definitely go for Pilot Road 4's or 5's.......I've had good mileage out of my PR3's....and the 4's and 5's are supposed to be even better......good wet and dry grip too.....and don't tend to tramline like some of the other brands...... 8-)

Depends on your riding!

I notice you say you are new to this so going by that I would go for the road 5's

:stupid:

Yes....I'd also say to go for the PR5's....... particularly if you're gonna use the bike year round...... 8-)

The bike is used year round for commuting. I had the road5 (they've dropped the pilot from the name for the 5s) fitted yesterday, I figured there are only 2 things connecting you to the road so you want something decent. With this cold wet weather, I am taking it easy on them for longer than the recommended 100-mile break-in, probably closer to 200.

Edited by anth_85

I always used Battlax as they were the original fitment on my bikes and I didn't know any better. They were fine in the dry but skittish in the cold and wet.

Pilot Road 4 are ace in most conditions - I did a manky damp track day with them and they were spot on, no problems with hard braking or getting a good lean on. I could feel them start to squirm slightly when they got hot but that's not something you're likely to encounter on the road

They are easily my favorite general purpose tyre - I'm looking forward to trying the next incarnation!

I always used Battlax as they were the original fitment on my bikes and I didn't know any better. They were fine in the dry but skittish in the cold and wet.

I've found exactly the same with the battlax I've got on the biffer, but plenty of user reviews saying the opposite :? My mot is almost due, if tyres are a concern then I'll be looking to put michelin on