Street triple, Mt-09, Z900

zomer265

Morning,

I've been into a couple of local dealers recently and looking at all sorts but mainly, the Street Triple and Mt-09 then also had a quick look at the z900 all for around the same price new!

Last year I did hire an earlier street triple for a few days which was quite good fun.

I know I would need to sort test rides etc to compare them for myself but I would like to hear other people's opinions and experiences with them?

I'm currently thinking of them in the order above. I've been reading bad experiences with the Mt-09 lacking feel from the front and feeling dangerous when pushing on which no one seems to be able to cure. As for the Z900 I think it will lack a bit of excitement being a four cyclinder and the extra weight!

Thanks.

hello and welcome

I'm biased to the Triumph. I borrowed a Street Triple R when my Tiger was in for service. The Street is a brilliant machine and was sorely tempted to do a swap and would probably buy one in due course.

Welcome to TMBF mate. ......... 8-)

You need to test ride all of them to decide for sure....... :wink:

Are you feeling OK :lol:

Lol.....just trying to be neutral.......but it's a real struggle!.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

New years resolutions are usually broken by now :lol:

Can only speak for the Striple out of the three, but I have to say that it’s a near-perfect bike. Maybe even perfect :scratch:

I bet you a tenner this time next year you'll have a different bike Tony. Probably a speed triple.

Can only speak for the Striple out of the three, but I have to say that it’s a near-perfect bike. Maybe even perfect :scratch:

I bet you a tenner this time next year you'll have a different bike Tony. Probably a speed triple.

Oh god, don’t say that :)

Oh god, don’t say that :)

Go on, you know you want to

I had a similar dilemma last year and after riding both str675 and mt-09sp on test rides a few times i chose the street. The MT09 was a nice bike but you need the sp version to get half desent suspension which adds more cost to it plus the street has better build quality and i found it nicer to ride. The mt09 does have a nice upright seating position though. If you can afford it the 765 is even better than the 675 but i just couldnt afford it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have test rode Tripple and MT09 and bought MT09.

It's personal but Yamaha MT-09 in throttle-mode-A would leave the Street Triple for dead in the lower gears. MT means master of torque which helps a lot when overtaking.

Tripple builds power only in very high revs. To say that is inconvenient is understatement.

Z900 is just boring as a new Honda.

Welcome and good luck

• 1 month later...

Evening,

Bit of a thread bump.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been to a few shops looking at all sorts!

Thanks for all the opinions again and to hear other people experience’s!

I’m thinking of maybe spending less now, around 6.5k.

Currently thinking of a brand new Mt07 or a few year old Street Triple R?

Are there any others worth considering that I may have overlooked?

Thanks.

Evening,

Bit of a thread bump.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been to a few shops looking at all sorts!

Thanks for all the opinions again and to hear other people experience’s!

Are there any others worth considering that I may have overlooked?

Thanks.

Mt07 is a great bike, but everyone will (correctly) tell you to buy a striple over it. I've ridden both and agree.

No other contenders worth adding I don't think?

Do you want to be a hooligan if so the street :D

I dunno - the mt09 is pretty vicious

Was gonna say the same! Im in the UK MT07 owners group and let's just say there's a fair few scrotes in there..... :roll: I imagine the 09 can bring out the hooligan or scrote in anyone.

TBH my bias would be the MT as while i own the sedate 07, at some point i may want something meaner but of a similar build (love my bike!) so id lean to the 09... the MTs have a good record as well so far.

That said, the Street is a wonderful bike, and id have probably got one instead of the MT had the right one not come up!

Do not buy a bike before test riding few models first. There is a reason MT07 is the best selling bike in its class. It's nice bike, but only reasons you may consider it over Street Triple R are consumption and smaller running costs like insurance.

As I have said test ride Street Triple and MT09.

Do not buy a bike before test riding few models first. There is a reason MT07 is the best selling bike in its class. It's nice bike, but only reasons you may consider it over Street Triple R are consumption and smaller running costs like insurance.

As I have said test ride Street Triple and MT09.

It's predictable as well so a good starter bike for the unsure. Nothing twitchy about it.