Is 60 Months warranty good for a new 125cc bike

MrReptile

Im looking to get my 1st bike and i have seen the 1 i want, it comes with 60 months parts and labour warranty as standard so im wondering if that is good, average or bad. I dont want to fall victim to big numbers and end up getting shafted. Any information or advice is helpful.

Edited by MrReptile

Service every 6 months, between what the warranty won't cover and how much they are going to charge you over the 5 years including servicing, anything they say needs to be replaced with dealer parts, also deviance from that and your warranty will be out the window, they will likely only fit new pads with new disks, new chain with sprockets etc, ohhh there is a leak from a gasket, gaskets are not covered, that's an engine rebuild your paying for that, too good to be true, very likely.

Don't forget the arguments over what they think is not covered and you do.

Edited by Bender

Hello and welcome. 5 years warranty is very unusual. A lot of people don’t even keep their wives that long.

or their bikes most bikers change their bikes as often as their underpants :lol:

If that's the case, my pants should have rotted away or spontaneously combusted by now .

Hi everyone thanks for all the replies thought i would make 1 big post addressing a few questions so lets go.

1.) This is the bike i was looking at https://www.whateverwheels.co.uk/m3b0s353p13531/WK-Scrambler-125-2019 .

I know its a chinese bike and i understand the reputation that they have, however this is my 1st bike i will only need it to last 2 years before i upgrade to my full liscense and get a bigger bike. But as this will be my 1st big solo purchase and my 1st bike i would like to keep the bike for sentimental value, i never intend to sell my 1st bike if i can at all avoid it.

2.) If you click the link then scroll down you will see a "waranty" drop down box which states that all bikes come with a 60 month waranty which becomes void if i dont adhere to the manufacturers maintenance schedule and that the bike should be serviced by the dealership for the duration of the waranty.

However it also states i can get any local garage to fix my bike and the dealership will send them the part free of charge.

3.) Also as another side question if any of you have 1st hand experience with WK bikes can you speak on the reliability of the bike other than "its chinese buy a 2nd had jap bike save the money" i really intend to buy my 1st bike brand new as i hopefully wont ever sell it.

I dont have any grudge against buying a jap bike i just havent found any i really like so far and if im paying 3.5+ grand for a bike i want to love it.

4.) Could any of you also suggest any good 125cc bikes that arent too showey i dont want to seem like im showing off with my little 125 as i go around town 🤣.

As you can probably tell im very new to biking i really want to get into riding bikes ASAP im just really picky about things i purchase i need them to be as close to perfect as possibke for me.

Small tac on to my previous post i hope i dont come across as some pretentious a*s i dont intend to be i understand i know basicly jack all about bikes.

Im just abit tired of seeing "buy a 2nd hand jap bike" as that not really that helpful for me, as iv said i would really like to buy a jap bike as i know they are THE bikes to go for when it comes to reliability, i just havent found 1 i lile as of yet.

I dont want to buy a sporty looking bike as i feel i will come across as abit of an a*s acting asthough i have a really powerful bike even though its only a 125. I really like the minimalist style to bikes so if anybody knows of a good 125 jap bike that is just a nice looking none over thetop style bike i will glady listen and take a good look at all recommendation provided.

If you know of any websites that sell new 125s from the like of Honda, Kawasaki etc as i cant seem to find any i can only find new 125s from china or do you know of any chinese brands that are actually pretty good.

Again sorry if im coming across as a know it all. I definatly am not 😁.

Edited by MrReptile

When I read it I'm sure it said another approved dealer and all work would have to be registered through online portal that is going to limit severely any work, I would be finding out who is near you on that list.

End of the day it's your money anyone choice.

There is a reason why just about every says "don't buy a Chinese bike, get a 2nd hand Jap bike", because so many people get caught in this trap.

I would suggest you find and go and chat to the mechanic/bike shop that you are going to get your repair work done through and ask their advice on buying a new Chinese or 2nd hand Jap bike.

Good luck with your choice, but don't back on here whingeing and whining when the 5 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on and your wondering why it takes months to get parts shipped from China and your bike spends more time off the road than on it!

There is a reason why just about every says "don't buy a Chinese bike, get a 2nd hand Jap bike", because so many people get caught in this trap.

I would suggest you find and go and chat to the mechanic/bike shop that you are going to get your repair work done through and ask their advice on buying a new Chinese or 2nd hand Jap bike.

Good luck with your choice, but don't back on here whingeing and whining when the 5 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on and your wondering why it takes months to get parts shipped from China and your bike spends more time off the road than on it!

Did at any point i say i was going to be whinging and moaning on here if it went wrong. So before you become an arogant uptight dooche keep your unhelpful unrelated opinions to yourself. Last time i checked i am perfectly capable of dealing with the decisions i make even if it goes wrong why on earth would i come on here and moan about it when it would have been my decision alone to buy whatever i buy.

I simply came on here to ask for peoples advice i only pointed out that i didnt want the generic "buy a 2nd hand jap bike" as the very understandable reason people say and do that is because they intend to sell the bike i do not so it dosent apply to me.

Many years ago the cry was "don't buy a Jap bike". Time moves on and Jap bikes are as good as any and better than most. Unfortunately Chinese made and branded products are still in the phase of being not very good in general. Things made in China but to western standards can be good eg. Hilts bikes etc. A pure Chinese bike will rot away and sadly won't last. Read reviews and make your own choice. For what it's worth I have an Italian bike and thoroughly enjoy it despite many nay-sayers.