Thermal bag / lining for a top box

Has the OP found a solution for his fish and chip warming problem, as we seem to have wandered off topic.

The OP, that's me, is embarking on a journey of experimentation that will involve eating lots of fish suppers.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Has the OP found a solution for his fish and chip warming problem, as we seem to have wandered off topic.

The OP, that's me, is embarking on a journey of experimentation that will involve eating lots of fish suppers.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

https://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-12-Volt-Portable-Stove-Black/dp/B00030DLEE

This is a 12v cooker, can't find specs for it, one review measured at 6amp one guessed at 12

Cheapest way would be make your own with a 12v seat heater, loads of generic ones on amazon

I have seen rechargeable battery heated clothing for bikes. What about a heated scarf or something like that to wrap the food in?

I know the road you ride, have ridden it a few times myself visiting relatives in NI.

Yes and most of it is average speed checked as well making whizzing a bit problematic.

Yes and most of it is average speed checked as well making whizzing a bit problematic.

Funny you should bring that up, because you are correct in that the entire stretch between Holywood and Bangor have average speed cameras, but those cameras are pointed at the oncoming traffic to read your front number plate with a picture of your face behind the wheel of your car and then time how long it takes you to arrive at the next camera, but bikes do not have a number plate on the front so the theory is you can hoof it undetected.

We never had fish and chips when I wear a lad. We had it tough.

Fish on Friday were usually some foreign muck like lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

It were awesome, like.

I made an insulation liner for my Shad box. I cut some silver bubble insulation to the shape of the box consisting of 3 pieces, bottom, lid and a one piece wrap round curved side. I then got 10mm black sticky back foam sheets (ebay) and stuck them to it for extra insulation.

Use it for Fridays curry and fish and chips... I can put a photo on tomorrow if anyone is interested :thumb:

We never had fish and chips when I wear a lad. We had it tough.

Fish on Friday were usually some foreign muck like lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

It were awesome, like.

It sounded OK till spam.

I made an insulation liner for my Shad box. I cut some silver bubble insulation to the shape of the box consisting of 3 pieces, bottom, lid and a one piece wrap round curved side. I then got 10mm black sticky back foam sheets (ebay) and stuck them to it for extra insulation.

Use it for Fridays curry and fish and chips... I can put a photo on tomorrow if anyone is interested :thumb:

Of course we're interested ! Can't think of anything I'd rather look at in the depths of winter. :D :thumb:

My other half finds it very amusing I’m on a forum and even funnier we’re on page 3 of a thread about how to keep your fish n chips warm!

It's a very serious topic !! :x

Worthy of another three pages - at least ! :lol:

The smirking makes me think the seriousness of cold fish n chips has not been grasped.

Look forward to hearing the tried n tested methods then explaining the vargaries of keeping fish n chips warm on a mobike and the subsequent kowtowing when it’s realised all this was worth the time n effort...... oh yes victory..... 😬