Is 60 Months warranty good for a new 125cc bike

MrReptile

Have a look at the Suzuki Van Van. It's dead simple and very reliable. It's easy to ride and very forgiving. The style isn't 'sporty' .... it's more retro sand bike kind of thing.

It is what people call a Marmite bike, you either love them or hate them. But it's Japanese and very well made.

In terms of value for money a used Japanese bike will probably outlive a new Chinese bike if you want to keep it. Or if you decide to sell it then it will hold more value.

Don't knock those who say to buy Japanese because it's not the way you currently want to go, that advice is born through long term experience, some of whom have been down the Chinese bike experience.

The funny thing about asking for opinions on a public internet forum is that you get them. Calling someone a douche because you didn't like what they had to say isn't very nice.

The funny thing about asking for opinions on a public internet forum is that you get them. Calling someone a douche because you didn't like what they had to say isn't very nice.

But asking for opinions not to be told if you go with your own opinions and it goes wrong don't come on here whinging about it...

I bought a Chinese bike and it starts 1st time even after a month of not touching it . Chinese bikes are getting better and better every year since they 1st come to light JUST LIKE EVERY other new item .

And for ppl to say stay away from Chinese bikes who Put you in charge of other ppl choices ..

But away if it turns out bad learn from it if it turns out good learn from it ..

It must be so amazing to buy a jap bike and it never brakes down runs out gas . Never Needs new parts .free servicing. Looks and rides better than every other make . .

There is a reason why just about every says "don't buy a Chinese bike, get a 2nd hand Jap bike", because so many people get caught in this trap.

I would suggest you find and go and chat to the mechanic/bike shop that you are going to get your repair work done through and ask their advice on buying a new Chinese or 2nd hand Jap bike.

Good luck with your choice, but don't back on here whingeing and whining when the 5 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on and your wondering why it takes months to get parts shipped from China and your bike spends more time off the road than on it!

Did at any point i say i was going to be whinging and moaning on here if it went wrong. So before you become an arogant uptight dooche keep your unhelpful unrelated opinions to yourself. Last time i checked i am perfectly capable of dealing with the decisions i make even if it goes wrong why on earth would i come on here and moan about it when it would have been my decision alone to buy whatever i buy.

I simply came on here to ask for peoples advice i only pointed out that i didnt want the generic "buy a 2nd hand jap bike" as the very understandable reason people say and do that is because they intend to sell the bike i do not so it dosent apply to me.

Too late for the naughty step for me 'cause I'm an arrogant uptight douche apparently! :popcorn:

To answer the OP's question; 60 months warranty is VERY good for a new 125. Yes, the company may try to wriggle out of liability when things go wrong but that is true for all companies in the automotive sector. Over the past few years WK have had very good reviews and appear to be a stable outfit, i.e. they won't suddenly disappear from the face of the earth leaving you high and dry.

Keep on top of the regular maintenance, keep it clean and tidy and you should be OK. Try to build up a relationship with the dealer and they will see you as a valuable customer and, maybe, not mess you about.

Over the past few years WK have had very good reviews and appear to be a stable outfit, i.e. they won't suddenly disappear from the face of the earth leaving you high and dry.

Keep on top of the regular maintenance, keep it clean and tidy and you should be OK.

:stupid:

We'll put that guy :thumb:

*To avoid your vehicle warranty becoming void, you must adhere to the manufacturer's service & maintenance schedule. To qualify for the 60 month parts & labour warranty the vehicle must be serviced by WhateverWheels for the duration of the warranty period from the start of year one through to and including year 5.

That contradicts the get it serviced anywhere section, which probably relates to standard warranty

A pure Chinese bike will rot away and sadly won't last.

@S-Westerly

You have owned some Chinese bikes :?:

No I haven't, because I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere. However I have had to put up with Chinese built ships, tools, safety equipment and other stuff. It has all been quantifiably worse than the same stuff made in Europe, Japan, South Korea or the USA. Cheaper yes, but crap to use. That's my opinion and I'm not pushing it on you. However I will never buy a Chinese bike myself. End of.

Some though not all Chinese bikes are getting better and WK seem to be among the better.

Japanese cars and bikes were not good when they started, remember the Datsun cherry 100.

But as Bender said read the small print carefully if you go with your choice as I think the 60 months is a dealer warranty and you need to go back to them for the services.

For what its worth if it was me buying a bike and no experience I would look around bike shops in my area for a secondhand jap bike say a Yamaha ybr125 or xt125 or honda 125 of some description. There are plenty about shops know how to fix them easy and parts are easy to get and not expensive. There are to many clauses in that 5 year bike warranty you are going to have to get the seller to service it and do all the work on it for 5 years and if they aint close by that will be a pain. Buy a secondhand bike ride it build up your experience and learn to do maintenance on it look after it and it will hold its value if you want to sell it on. A relative of mine brought a lexmoto scooter a few years back and the finish looked ok underneath the poor fittings and build let it down. Every time it broke down it had to be trailored to the dealers twenty miles away then wait weeks for bits to turn up and forever working on it.

Perfect solution, Get a new YBR , ride it for a few days on salt riddled roads so it starts to rot a bit . That way you will have a new Jap bike that just LOOKS second hand ,BUT , here's the really clever part, YBR's are actually made in CHINA ! Result , everyone is happy . Well,for a while anyway until the piston seizes up or the unidentifiable gremlins chew through the electrics . Or am I just another feminine hygiene device ?

Edited by fastbob