Thermal bag / lining for a top box

My other half finds it very amusing I’m on a forum and even funnier we’re on page 3 of a thread about how to keep your fish n chips warm!

Wait till we're on page 6 and it's getting really serious.

searches for lock button..............

:lol:

My other half finds it very amusing I’m on a forum and even funnier we’re on page 3 of a thread about how to keep your fish n chips warm!

Wait till we're on page 6 and it's getting really serious.

We’ll be talking about biscuits by then :D

Ohhh don't be too sure, I wasn't expecting biscuits till page 8 😁

The biggest problem you face is all the trapped moisture making your beloved fish n chips soggy. As a lover but rare eater of the glorious fish n chips I suggest the following.

1... Place your beloved food in a Tupperware box without the lid... This prevents it getting squashed.

2.. rip holes in the paper wrapping.. this allows moisture to escape.

3... Place paper towelling over the Tupperware box.. don't allow it to touch the food.. this will absorb moisture.

4.. place a folded towel over the paper towel. Also absorbs moisture and helps retain heat.

5.. put thick cardboard as a base layer in your top box and around the sides. Fill any gaps wit paper towelling. This prevents heat loss through the base and sides.

6... Place your protected food into the top box and shut lid firmly.

I have no idea if it will work :P but my closet craziness needs airing every now and then :lol:

I made an insulation liner for my Shad box. I cut some silver bubble insulation to the shape of the box consisting of 3 pieces, bottom, lid and a one piece wrap round curved side. I then got 10mm black sticky back foam sheets (ebay) and stuck them to it for extra insulation.

Use it for Fridays curry and fish and chips... I can put a photo on tomorrow if anyone is interested :thumb:

Of course we're interested ! Can't think of anything I'd rather look at in the depths of winter. :D :thumb:

20190203_135806.thumb.jpg.b1e3ad9d4cd3291b9f1cc1dc34987d68.jpg