CBT to DAS

Ok I passed my CBT in November and have a Honda CB125F, which I really enjoy. However it was only ever to get me some practice before getting full license this spring.

So next is to get my theory done. My local center can fit me in on Thursday (4 days only) or not until the 25th Feb. Am I being stupid and should give myself more time to swat up? Thing is if I fail that I will have to wait a while to retake due to availability.

I know I shouldn't rush this but my Mrs and son are going away for a week early April and I want to use that week to do my full test. No distractions and all that.

Am I being to ambitious or is it realistic that they s can be done?

Cheers fella. Looking to book with Norton way Honda in Letchworth. Passed my CBT with them and they were very good. But this may depend on availability.

Anyone else have any advise on who to take it with in North Herts area.

It's doable, but unless you can find plenty of hours between now and then to practice you're going to be at a severe disadvantage; not just in terms of the multiple choice questions (many of which you probably won't know straight off the bat) but also with regard to the way in which the hazard perception examples are structured. Personally, I'd go for the later date, particularly if you're going to be working between Monday and Thursday.

As an aside, I was getting near perfect scores when practicing hazard avoidance questions online (see https://www.dvsalearningzone.co.uk/shop/motorcyclists) but nearly came unstuck on the test itself. To be clear about this, the practice software lets you click about 8 times in succession without failing the exercise example; in the test itself, 5 clicks seemed to be the limit - I lost all points on three questions before I realised what was going on!

Edited by learningtofly

Must admit it is playing on my mind a little.

I am a driver but too old to have had to worry about a theory test, I was just asked questions by the examinor at the end of the drive. My daughter took 4 attempts on her driving theory though.

Torn wether to give myself time to swat up or time for a retest. I don't really want to have to postpone the practical. No reason apart from I am impatient.

I am a driver but too old to have had to worry about a theory test, I was just asked questions by the examiner at the end of the drive. My daughter took 4 attempts on her driving theory though.

Torn wether to give myself time to swat up or time for a retest. I don't really want to have to postpone the practical. No reason apart from I am impatient.

Well, I've driven for 40 years, and I still had a fair bit to learn on the subject matter covered by the multiple choice questions. With regard to the hazard perception, it's as much a case of getting used to both the software and the methodology for "clicking" as it is about what constitutes a hazard - in fact, more so.

The point I'm clumsily trying to make is that - even as an experienced driver - I'd have failed without the practice; and that three days doesn't give you very long to get up to speed with both parts of the test.

That said, maybe I'm just an idiot :lol:

I am a driver but too old to have had to worry about a theory test, I was just asked questions by the examiner at the end of the drive. My daughter took 4 attempts on her driving theory though.

Well, I've driven for 40 years, and I still had a fair bit to learn on the subject matter covered by the multiple choice questions. With regard to the hazard perception, it's as much a case of getting used to both the software and the methodology for "clicking" as it is about what constitutes a hazard - in fact, more so.

The point I'm clumsily trying to make is that - even as an experienced driver - I'd have failed without the practice; and that three days doesn't give you very long to get up to speed with both parts of the test.

That said, maybe I'm just an idiot :lol:

Similar boat but I passed every one of the theory tests including trial ones from from day one even before I had committed, same with hazard, every one is different but until you try I guess you never know.

Hey [mention]RAYK47[/mention], I've been meaning to put this post up for a while and you doing this has prompted it, if it would help let me know :thumb:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69141

There's also quite a lot of online resources you can use, but if a book would help this might be just the ticket.

Hey @RAYK47, I've been meaning to put this post up for a while and you doing this has prompted it, if it would help let me know :thumb:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69141

There's also quite a lot of online resources you can use, but if a book would help this might be just the ticket.

Cheers, I think my dad already has one he is going to lend me. I have already done a couple of online ones and so far done really well. Hazard perception is hit and miss. Kept doing it too early and getting nil points.

Try 3 clicks in fast succession. Worked very well for me.

I swotted until I felt ready and booked the test then. People can cancel up to three days before without losing the fee and they do often cancel late so just check the website regularly and nab a sooner date when you feel ready.

It’s worth googling the most difficult theory test questions. Some of them are deliberately tricksy! If

The online practice theory questions are almost all car related. You’ll want the book for the motorcycle related ones.

My favourite was what to do entering a tunnel, there were 3 perfectly reasonable sounding suggestions about lights and distances and one that said ‘tune to the radio station advertised’ - that was the correct answer, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that sign.

I still have some on my phone, they give you an idea of the way they might ask the questions on stats etc

You will also undoubtably get a question or questions on different types and colours of road markings which are obvious when your driving but not necessarily so sat in front of a computer. Enjoy!

F6D82181-65FA-4E8C-A681-F2A2A8A13224.thumb.jpeg.0f620aa34487e64380ad876877313e5a.jpeg61C235BE-115C-45D8-A04E-5B16DAF0501A.thumb.jpeg.7fc6fd89b8f1b2faffb7f530be29cba1.jpegB175C064-6347-45BA-B35F-E4352C1637D3.thumb.jpeg.7d57663f529981bcb9b6133adcafb879.jpeg8956EE96-2BEC-4C31-A22B-C3CFB88B5BA9.thumb.jpeg.8e22a6778f5bca182fcfcef706157ecf.jpeg01DEC4B3-1536-4023-BAC9-4158A06AED39.thumb.jpeg.000b3eebcefe7ab44da85755a35e2efc.jpegA990C435-2EBA-4189-AB88-D1C9B7B7D41D.thumb.jpeg.3c6b797f2b90f68109450c566368037c.jpeg86678169-4031-49FB-A29D-2672F33B92CB.thumb.jpeg.280ea93776f97d9492f1e1ab40961227.jpegCF363169-C4ED-4EB9-995D-5E714A43A7B0.thumb.jpeg.64029e68206cef3b7056858a4a403e84.jpeg

The one learning point I remember in my revision was that the minimum cc bike you can take on the motorway is 50cc! I'd be pooing myself in fear!

Sod that!! A 125 on a dual carriageway is bad enough!!

I also found the actual test ones were more obvious than a lot of the practice ones.

The practice ones I was often spotting way too soon (eg tractor in field alongside and I could see a gate ahead, if you have driving experience you're likely to 'clock' the hazard early but you need to remember the test is looking for you to recognise when it 'develops' into something that might require you to take avoiding action). In the test the clips all just seem to have a hazard pop up quite obviously