Possible new CB rider.

ADIO600

Hi guys, joined the forum for some advice, because I cannot wait for next Fridays road test on the 2019 cb500f. I hope to be part of your forum. The time has come to reduce my motorcycle weight, but I am concerned that47hp will not be enough HP. Getting older and slower but still like to ride between 70 and 90 mph with a decent overtaking speed when passing cars that's traveling at 65 ish. Do you guys and gals think I will be disappointed. I am coming from a cb650. Thanks for your time.

100 shouldn't be an issue, I think the est top speed is 115 ish so unless your 23st it should be fine for your needs, lower capacity is never going to be as comfortable as a big bike at speed and by that I mean comfort with the speed not the comfort bit.

Test ride should tell you, good luck.

I assume we're talking about closed, private roads? Because you're not allowed to exceed 70mph on UK highways.

Don't be a nob geofferz otherwise you'll deserve a slap on the arse. Of course the OP is talking about private roads. With the landowners permission.

We are lucky enough to have a test facility near Coventry where its possible to take a bike to its maximum speed . No , I don't mean MIRA near Nuneaton, I mean that pointless piece of motorway known as the M45.😀

wp_ss_20190209_0001.thumb.png.babb56dc203399f8833fb7c6c9ae217c.png

Edited by fastbob

We have are lucky enough to have a test facility near Coventry where its possible to take a bike to its maximum speed . No , I don't mean MIRA near Nuneaton, I mean that pointless piece of motorway known as the M45.😀

How dare they've ridicule the M45, its a fine piece of tarmac especially the bit between Kilsby and Barby, slight downhill and straight for about 2 miles.

I definitely didn't see 145 (mph or kph can't remember) in my V6 Cavalier;terrifying I must admit

Don't know about the CB at all but do know my old 600 Diversion would run out of puff when I got above 80 or so.Most of the time it was adequate but I did find myself with the throttle wide open and nowt in reserve on occasion when overtaking.That's why I went to a litre bike, for safety...

We have are lucky enough to have a test facility near Coventry where its possible to take a bike to its maximum speed . No , I don't mean MIRA near Nuneaton, I mean that pointless piece of motorway known as the M45.😀

How dare they've ridicule the M45, its a fine piece of tarmac especially the bit between Kilsby and Barby, slight downhill and straight for about 2 miles.

I definitely didn't see 145 (mph or kph can't remember) in my V6 Cavalier;terrifying I must admit

Don't know about the CB at all but do know my old 600 Diversion would run out of puff when I got above 80 or so.Most of the time it was adequate but I did find myself with the throttle wide open and nowt in reserve on occasion when overtaking.That's why I went to a litre bike, for safety...

Run out at 80 how many pies did you eat, the original had a half decent standing 1/4 for size of it and top speed well over a 110

Run out at 80 how many pies did you eat, the original had a half decent standing 1/4 for size of it and top speed well over a 110

It was a memorable occasion overtaking a Honda S2000 that did it, went to go by him about 70 and he accelerated, I was on the wrong side of the road with the divvy pinned and only just scraped by seeing 3 figures when I finally passed him. It was a half decent bike otherwise.

I bought the FZR thou soon after and celebrated by eating a couple more pies, :wink:

Welcome, sounds like you have the perfect bike for what you want, do you just find it too heavy? I used to have one myself and it’s quite a lump of a machine but I’m also probably younger and heavier than you so it was never really a problem I just switched for a sports tourer as I like to go out and ride all day when I get the chance.

That Diversion must have had a hard life , my ER5 can scrape 110 mph .

Thank you they are good words, I am desperate for it to be what I want. I have had in the region of 30 bikes and never seen anything as drop dead gorgeous as the candy orange CB.

I've had it a couple of times as a loan bike, and the cb500x as well. Great bike, genuinely enjoyed my time on it - quick enough but also agile, and you feel you can make the most of it's performance without reaching crazy speeds. I liked it more than the nc750.

Tops out at 112 mph :D