Oh my lord what car?

onesea

Oil pump drive shaft and oil pump drive chain tensioner

I quote: "New modified oil pump balancer shaft with 100mm hex key"

I missed that

Although the 2007 ones are usually fine so he knows of the issue and has changed it anyway....nothing wrong with that

I’d probably say go for a Rav 4 too, had a Landcruiser before and they’re brilliant cars but you won’t get one in budget.

You’re kind of asking for a car that will do a lot for the budget-towing,MPG and 4x4 wise.

MK3 Mitsubishi Shogun would be a good shout- good towing wise and a capable 4x4 but won’t get above 23-28 MPG in diesel form.

If you could extend budget a bit I’d probably pick a V6 TDI VW Touareg, MK1 Touaregs and Cayennes are VERY capable 4x4s they also drive very well on the road and more importantly don’t constantly break like Land/Range Rovers do-speaking from years of experience with the green oval-I’d never have another one.

However if you really do like them I’d probably go for an early mk3 Range Rover in petrol form but good luck getting anywhere close to 30 MPG, they are cheap as chips now though!.

A lot of years ago I had a 72 v 8 range rover for two months ( and that was long enough ) I think I spent more time watching the fuel gauge than the road, glad to get rid never in my lifetime will I have another

A 2 door 70s Range Rover would definitely be worth a mint now!, even shabby 80s and early 90s classics are going for a lot!.

I’m only getting about 14MPG out of my current car, and It has to have super unleaded too :shock: , thankfully I don’t do many miles!.

A 2 door 70s Range Rover would definitely be worth a mint now!, even shabby 80s and early 90s classics are going for a lot!.

I’m only getting about 14MPG out of my current car, and It has to have super unleaded too :shock: , thankfully I don’t do many miles!.

Really sad part is we had a 1971 2door :crybaby:

Really sad part is we had a 1971 2door :crybaby:

I really don’t want to say how much that would be worth now, I had a couple of RR Classic 4 doors that I bought cheap in my early 20s for off roading and messing about in, had an ‘89 3.5 EFI which wasn’t completely rotten which I paid £750 for at the time, had only done 95k miles too!, after that I had a 300 TDI soft dash which was about £1400 IIRC, kicking myself about letting either of them go now!, oddly they were the most reliable of any Range Rovers I’ve owned, much later I had a mk3 version and after that a 2.7TD Sport, both were annoying,unreliable money pits, I’d still have another classic in a heartbeat though or an 80 series Landcruiser :thumb: .

Going back to the original post :lol:

Sue has had an 07 Hyundai Tucson Special edition for a few years now.

It's been brilliant! 2.0L turbo diesel, 140PS, low 40's mpg.

We use it to tow the caravan.

quite nice to drive.

Well worth a look if you can find 1 :thumb:

Our rangy had a faulty points condenser, a rotten tail gate and my dad rebuilt the gearbox on the kitchen table, apart from that it was a great car, have had series landrover but was never a fan, have a 90 that we have had for nearly 30yrs now, God I feel old lol

Going back to the original post :lol:

Sue has had an 07 Hyundai Tucson Special edition for a few years now.

It's been brilliant! 2.0L turbo diesel, 140PS, low 40's mpg.

We use it to tow the caravan.

quite nice to drive.

Well worth a look if you can find 1 :thumb:

I rented a Tucson when I was in Canada a couple of years ago. It was a great car! Not small by UK standards but tiny next to the huge yank pickups!! :lol:

SmartSelect_20190206-181410_Photos.jpg.0fd5c604b7f10814056d957221a35c85.jpg

What ever car you get, make sure it's got the all important Privacy Glass.... just in case you got an ugly family .

auctioneer said this the other day , did make me laugh :lol:

What ever car you get, make sure it's got the all important Privacy Glass.... just in case you got an ugly family .

auctioneer said this the other day , did make me laugh :lol:

That's a bit harsh, obvs he's seen your family

:D

:up:

Presently looks like its going to an X-trail.

We looked at lots came to:

Honda CRV

Freelander

Nissan X trail

Rav 4 - low on towing capacity.

Reason X trail has more useable internal space..

Next step up all become to big.

Honda CRV

Freelander

Nissan X trail

Take a look at nissan pathfinders if you want space..

Honda CRV

Freelander

Nissan X trail

Don’t they suffer the same chassis snapping issues as the Navara can?.

Honda CRV

Freelander

Nissan X trail

You're less likely to load a pathfinder up with the same weight as a Navara due to the 7 seats instead of a pickup bed.

You're less likely to load a pathfinder up with the same weight as a Navara due to the 7 seats instead of a pickup bed.

That's true, it sort of put me off them when I was looking for something similar-although apart from that I do really like them, I ended up going for a Landcruiser although that has also now gone in favour of a Cayenne, which, apart from the fuel economy has been great!.