Is your helmet the right size...... Oooerr

The first helmet I bought was a Stadium Project 3 "Jet " style helmet in black with gold sides . You could adjust the fit by tightening a drawstring inside. I think I paid a whopping £4.00 for it from a second hand shop . Quite collectable nowadays I believe. This not my actual helmet.

308315586_images(3).jpg.6ad6a1d297204919e254b1dfaa99e646.jpg

The first helmet I bought was a Stadium Project 3 "Jet " style helmet in black with gold sides . You could adjust the fit by tightening a drawstring inside. I think I paid a whopping £4.00 for it from a second hand shop . Quite collectable nowadays I believe. This not my actual helmet.

Would look good on a shelf.

When I got my first “lid”, the shop owner told me to make sure that when it’s on and buckled up, your face (being the skin and cheeks etc.) should move with the helmet if you hold the helmet by the bottom, the part that sits in front of the mouth.

The shop owner said where I got my second lid from... “put it on and buckle up, then when your ready I will hold the front of helmet and I want you to try and turn your head. If you can’t turn your head without the helmet moving then it’s a good fit!”

Not sure how true any of the above is but it’s sounds like pretty decent advice.

Find a size small. Wear it for 15 minutes. If you get a headache move to a medium. Repeat till you no longer get headaches. Either way I can't imagine how loose a helmet would have to be where it flies off in a crash (especially with a done up chin strap?!)

Find a size small. Wear it for 15 minutes. If you get a headache move to a medium. Repeat till you no longer get headaches. Either way I can't imagine how loose a helmet would have to be where it flies off in a crash (especially with a done up chin strap?!)

Just remember not to take your wife with you!

No matter what helmet you try you will still have headache :lol:

Before everyone blows up at this comment I did ditch the helmet I really wanted for the best fitting helmet I could get that was more moola buuuuuttt... is it really that dangerous? 20% of respondents reporting their lid ‘nearly came off’ is an iffy stat. Ultimately it didn’t come off and they may have felt movement but did it do the job anyway?

I’m thinking of Brittany Morrow who was wearing a borrowed helmet two sizes too big who inspite of being “skinned alive” after coming off the back of a bike at 120mph had no damage to her head or face. Worth a ponder.

It's a tricky decision, especially if you have an odd-shaped head like me :roll: I've yet to find a truly comfortable helmet.

Does anyone else with a 'long' head (think xenomorph from Alien :lol: ) have any recommendations?

Error open face helmet, save replacing it every time you go to bite someone :thumb: