Itching to get out.

Fleck

Not ridden the bike since errr... Probably November, it's 7°c and sunny. My usual cut off is 10°c but I'm itching to get on it :lol: ... is it too early/cold?

Sod it, I think I'm going to do it 8-) :thumb:

Go for it! Just take it easy to adjust for road conditions and being a little rusty! :D

We're moving soon to somewhere that has a garage with the house and I'm So Excited to get out and about again after this Looong winter.

Thanks mateys, enjoyed that... Did 70, waved at some girls, filtered, bought some fish fingers and everything. The perfect afternoon out. Duke's back in it's shed with the heater on :cheers:

Forecast nice weather all week :thumb:

Very few places on public roads in this country where one can do little but go slowly (or rather slower than one would want).

That's probably true for cars but bikes are great. :thumb:

Driving that bloody underpowered tizer can all winter was driving me mad. But it's warm :roll: :mrgreen:

Yep hopefully get out on Saturday, was just after Xmas I was out.

Just need to decide which bike to take out, think maybe the RGV,haven't ridden that since October :(

How do you actually manage to ride the RGV and not just leaving it ticking over and breathing in the 2 stroke goodness :D.

My cut off for commuting is when it is not pitch dark in the mornings and the evenings when I leave. This week has finally seen not complete darkness at 5pm, so tomorrow may be a bike day :D

My cut off for commuting is when it is not pitch dark in the mornings and the evenings when I leave. This week has finally seen not complete darkness at 5pm, so tomorrow may be a bike day :D

That's what I need to start doing, cause that's when I've found it's the most dangerous for commuting! It's like our headlights blend in with the cars, so filtering becomes especially lethal.

Yup, that's the exact reason I made that cut off. :)

Too many close calls for my comfort in my first year of riding. Second year I got to mid December, and decided enough was enough. Car is getting used when it is that dark at commuting times.

Next outing, I'm fetching the Friday curry. Goodbye queueing through town with all the other zombies. Hello freedom, manoeuvrability and super convenient parking :thumb: I'll be there and back in half the time :D

As an all year round two wheeled commuter (although mostly sans engine) this site always gets a stupid number of visits from me over winter

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/uk/bath

That's what I need to start doing, cause that's when I've found it's the most dangerous for commuting! It's like our headlights blend in with the cars, so filtering becomes especially lethal.

They do. Having been driving to and from work in the dark the past month it's been a real eye opener how invisible bikes are in traffic. Headlights perfectly line up whilst the biker sits waiting for a gap and then all of a sudden a bike appears in my lane filtering then disappears back in in front of a car headlight. I'm not sure many bikers are aware of how invisible it makes them.

As an all year round two wheeled commuter (although mostly sans engine) this site always gets a stupid number of visits from me over winter

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/uk/bath

Yea I love that site. Seems you get around 30min extra light just now than me :lol:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2c8dc398ed290ad541348a7edb9acb4d.jpg

I'll be out tomorrow.. and will probably try out the (so called) Rutland TT. Recently advertised as an all-dayer ride out on FB by a bike shops riding group in Northampton. I've traced it into Basecamp and this "all day" ride.. set for the very end of April is only 90 miles in length. So.. Im intrigued, how can a 90 mile ride take all day? when basecamp tells me it will only take 2hrs 07mins. so, even with an hours lunch break thats just over 3 hrs. Anyway, its a very pleasant ride from home to its start, the A606 is a great road down to pork pie city.

We'll see.

856550021_RutlandTT.jpg.020edc30460f69f3541c4a74d06b28ef.jpg

Today, bit wiped out after yesterdays 15hr shift, So, stuff to do at home. But priorities!! washed the bike after the weekends shenannigans.

Bike looks shiny (aside from the ACF coated wheel rims).. so, theres that.

120219.thumb.JPG.7427670d0231f249ae5bb082f8d93a9e.JPG