Mechanic damaged my Fairing

Younha

Hi All,

I just recently got back my CBF125 from the mechanics for an engine rebuild. But however, I notice my seat fairing hinge was broken off after they finished the repair.

I'm I liable to sue or get compensation regarding this? I have proof of before and after photo below:

Reference: before the repair

Before

After the repair

After

Thanks.

If I was the garage I’d be mightily suspicious that you happen to have a “before” and “after “ photo of exactly the fault.

I wouldn’t be, most insurance companies ask for pictures of the damage before seeing the vehicle so they can order new parts and save time. Maybe the OP sent the garage a picture of the damage to get a quote.

What will be hard to prove is that they caused the damage and not you. I would take the bike in and show them and see how they react.

At least it’s not visible!

Your problem is the damage is clearly visible in the first before repair picture, zoom in the crack can clearly be seen, so the question is what are you playing at?

I took a screen shot of first pic from the host site it's much clearer, can see start of crack and split following same line

Edited by Bender

Your problem is the damage is clearly visible in the first before repair picture, zoom in the crack can clearly be seen, so the question is what are you playing at?

I took a screen shot of first pic from the host site it's much clearer, can see started crack and split following same line

Good spot. Looking at it your dead right, cracked before hand.

The first picture was taken on 20/10/18 and the second one was taken today . That's a long period of time during which a bit of plastic could have snapped off so why do you believe the mechanic to be responsible ? Just drill a hole and stick a Zip Tie round the frame , you can't see it with the seat on anyway.

Oh damn I didn't notice it was slightly chipped off. But I can ensure you that it was stable to the seat - after it was gone the fairing is now insecure.

Well I took a before photo because you never know what they can do with your bike so gotta take some before photos incase they take or damage the bike. Then again I use the seat compartment for store items in there and that how i notice it is definitely wobbly than it was before

" Well I took a before photo because you never know what they can do with your bike so gotta take some before photos incase they take or damage the bike " REALLY ? Who are these Gumbies ? And you've let them rebuild your engine , good luck with that .

" Well I took a before photo because you never know what they can do with your bike so gotta take some before photos incase they take or damage the bike " REALLY ? Who are these Gumbies ? And you've let them rebuild your engine , good luck with that .

I take photos before I have any work done by someone else, I learned my lesson when I had the fork seals done on my previous Speedtriple by a now defunct independent in Cov, after I picked it up I noticed a couple of deep gouges in the gold coloured anodised parts of the fork uppers, when I complained they just shrugged and said they must of been there when I took it in.

This kind of customer service is probably why they are now defunct.

I see the crack is all the way under the part that is snapped off now just a small bit that holds it on to the rest of the faring part . So it might not been broken before the mechanic taken it off but the looks of it all he needed to to do is touch it and it snapped off . So you can't blame him for that . Find the part and fix it back on or use cable ties. As for claiming no chance..

That would be cable ties to the English amongst us :D

I'm English and proud of it and I , along with everyone else who has made a useful contribution to this thread , will call them whatever I choose to call them thank you very much.

Tie wraps in the North :mrgreen:

My father , who was an Aircraft Chief Inspector, always called them Tie Wraps as well. I used to " Obtain " aviation grade Tie Wraps made of nylon that had a tiny metal tab inside that enabled them to be opened again and reused .

Who cares what you call them we all know what they are! there is no point correcting people and pulling them up about it that just makes you look a bigger dick than someone calling them by the wrong name :P