Itching to get out.

Fleck

I commute every day hail rain or snow on the bike. Its handy, the worse the weather the bigger the traffic advantage, but I don't feel the love like some here, its just a tool. Maybe I need something blingier.

I commute everyday on mine too. I quite enjoy the inclement weather z

I commute every day hail rain or snow on the bike. Its handy, the worse the weather the bigger the traffic advantage, but I don't feel the love like some here, its just a tool. Maybe I need something blingier.

You would if you were forced to drive a car all winter. It's terrible.... Err. But at the same time, warm and dry :scratch:

Yep hopefully get out on Saturday, was just after Xmas I was out.

Just need to decide which bike to take out, think maybe the RGV,haven't ridden that since October :(

How do you actually manage to ride the RGV and not just leaving it ticking over and breathing in the 2 stroke goodness :D.

I do run it up every couple of weeks to get my fix of 2 stroke heaven. :thumb:

As an all year round two wheeled commuter (although mostly sans engine) this site always gets a stupid number of visits from me over winter

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/uk/bath

Yea I love that site. Seems you get around 30min extra light just now than me :lol:

Untitled.jpg

Oh dear something to add to my borderline obsession with checking the weather :D

Finally got out over the weekend and ended up doing almost 300 miles. Great fun. On the way home from South coast the main road to Marlborough was closed just north of Tidworth. Asked duty cop which was shortest way to get round blockage and after a quick glance at the bike he said use the tank road until intersects with next proper road. Tank road was interesting - 2 miles of gravel, mud, potholes and water. Also tanks going the opposite way. (APC's actually). Got to the road covered in chalky glop. Took quite a lot of cleaning when I got home.

Finally got out over the weekend and ended up doing almost 300 miles. Great fun. On the way home from South coast the main road to Marlborough was closed just north of Tidworth. Asked duty cop which was shortest way to get round blockage and after a quick glance at the bike he said use the tank road until intersects with next proper road. Tank road was interesting - 2 miles of gravel, mud, potholes and water. Also tanks going the opposite way. (APC's actually). Got to the road covered in chalky glop. Took quite a lot of cleaning when I got home.

Do you think he was a biker then and next time are you going to ask for the smoothest route :D

Do you think he was a biker then and next time are you going to ask for the smoothest route :D

I think he might have been, also with my bike being (ahem) an "adventure" bike he may have thought I'd be up for it and to be honest it was fun although given one pothole had a barely visible large tyre submerged in it I was spending a lot of time slowly weaving between the numerous bottomless pits rather than razzing it up.

Not ridden the bike since errr... Probably November, it's 7°c and sunny. My usual cut off is 10°c but I'm itching to get on it :lol: ... is it too early/cold?

Sod it, I think I'm going to do it 8-) :thumb:

do it, I was commuting on mine when it was reding -7c :wink:

I commute everyday on mine too. I quite enjoy the inclement weather z

Funnily enough, I do too. I wear full rukka goretex, and apart from my hands I'm pretty much always warm and dry.

Heated grips don't work for me as my fingers are always covering the levers. I have the best pair of lined goretex lobsters I could find but my fingers still get very cold

I was hoping to get out on the bike, cleaned to within an inch of its life yesterday! Wife is struggling with arthritis this week so a leisurely drive out in the car the the Clee Hills in Shropshire instead. A few kestrels and red kites flying around, great day, better on the bike tho 😒

IMG_20190213_140808.thumb.jpg.ea7eaed2cfcfc11230071a8fec4b393d.jpg

IMG_20190213_140810.thumb.jpg.4a6c697074d03955b30f6a850084d290.jpg

I think the forecast is for mild ( ish ) weather in the Midlands this weekend and the Council haven't chucked any salt on the roads since the last lot of rain . So I think I'll be indulging in a tankfull of petrol . I enjoy tootling around the lanes at this time of year because you see things that will be hidden by foliage in a few months time . I reckon I'll do Stratford upon Avon, Edge hill, Banbury , Daventry, Southam and back to Coventry.

I guess it's like the beak they put on a lot of adv bikes more cosmetic than anything I'd imagine but does keep a lot of the crud off the headlight

Fair enough.

I think the forecast is for mild ( ish ) weather in the Midlands this weekend and the Council haven't chucked any salt on the roads since the last lot of rain . So I think I'll be indulging in a tankfull of petrol . I enjoy tootling around the lanes at this time of year because you see things that will be hidden by foliage in a few months time . I reckon I'll do Stratford upon Avon, Edge hill, Banbury , Daventry, Southam and back to Coventry.

Did Warmington Edgehill, Ettington and Stratford upon Avon yesterday with a stop off at the Touchdown cafe. Where the roads were sheltered, mainly Warmington and Edgehill, and under trees they were damp muddy and in some areas slippy. Take care and have fun.

I guess it's like the beak they put on a lot of adv bikes more cosmetic than anything I'd imagine but does keep a lot of the crud off the headlight

I have to admit I laughed out loud when I noticed that Pyramid Plastics seem to think that a beak is so important that they make one to add to the Africa Twin. £80

1093520915_541000B-3edit.thumb.jpg.a53b721b032a46cd171852b2b7dac5d4.jpg

no thanks.

Yep hopefully get out on Saturday, was just after Xmas I was out.

Just need to decide which bike to take out, think maybe the RGV,haven't ridden that since October :(

How do you actually manage to ride the RGV and not just leaving it ticking over and breathing in the 2 stroke goodness :D.

I do run it up every couple of weeks to get my fix of 2 stroke heaven. :thumb:

:thumb:

So did about 15 miles on the RGV, went to Halfords and bought a new tyre pressure gauge, then onto Idle Torque at Cotesbach. It's a small Indy clothing store more aimed at hipster type clothing than what I wear but I think its important to support these smaller shops.Bought a small beanie hat from him.

Then onto Screwfix for some drill bits for the Honda exhaust.

RGV ran a treat, getting a bit more comfortable opening it up after the engine rebuild.

My cut off for commuting is when it is not pitch dark in the mornings and the evenings when I leave. This week has finally seen not complete darkness at 5pm, so tomorrow may be a bike day :D

Why? Are your headlights torches from the £ shop or something? :thumb:

My cut off for commuting is when it is not pitch dark in the mornings and the evenings when I leave. This week has finally seen not complete darkness at 5pm, so tomorrow may be a bike day :D

Why? Are your headlights torches from the £ shop or something? :thumb:

I bought an LED torch from Poundland and I have to say I'm rather pleased with it.