Mechanic damaged my Fairing

Younha

They are fooking cable ties ,not zip ties :bang:

and one of you mods give monkey girl a warning for keep trying to change the subject to fooking biscuits when People are arguing about other stuff

They are fooking cable ties ,not zip ties :bang:

and one of you mods give monkey girl a warning for keep trying to change the subject to fooking biscuits when People are arguing about other stuff

Yep, glad someone agrees with me :twisted:

@Six30 Well that takes the biscuit, I’ve introduced the is it called a seabiscuit or a hardtac which is equally important as the cable ties v’s zip ties argument... on a thread about a damaged fairing.

[/quo[mention]Six30[/mention]

You don't know about biscuits ...... not once have you mentioned a cup of tea and dunking , a real biscuit boffin would of mentioned this , the choice of biscuit is irrelevant ..... it's all about a sweet weak cup of tea .

@Six30 Well that takes the biscuit, I’ve introduced the is it called a seabiscuit or a hardtac which is equally important as the cable ties v’s zip ties argument... on a thread about a damaged fairing.

[/quo@Six30

You don't know about biscuits ...... not once have you mentioned a cup of tea and dunking , a real biscuit boffin would of mentioned this , the choice of biscuit is irrelevant ..... it's all about a sweet weak cup of tea .

I.... don’t.... know ....about..... biscuits? MOOOOODDDDDDS restrain this man

But not in a way he’ll enjoy. Ooh get the biscuit retaining straps.

you will be calling them bag ties next :lol:

I would tie my bags with Twizzle Sticks .

When I was a lot younger and a lot less wiser a Twizzle stick was slang for a Bong pipe (allegedly), dunno how you’d tie a bag with one, smoke a bag yes, but tie a bag up??

Not quite , a twizzle stick was a Rizla smeared with hash oil and then screwed up into a thin stick which was then incorporated into a joint . ( Apparently)

we all share about 99% of the same genetic code as Chimpanzees so perhaps we are all monkey people.

Ok I'll get my coat. :seeya:

you will have us all eating bananas next :X:

Chimpanzees are primates not monkeys, no tails .

I would tie my bags with Twizzle Sticks .

When I was a lot younger and a lot less wiser a Twizzle stick was slang for a Bong pipe (allegedly), dunno how you’d tie a bag with one, smoke a bag yes, but tie a bag up??

Not quite , a twizzle stick was a Rizla smeared with hash oil and then screwed up into a thin stick which was then incorporated into a joint . ( Apparently)

A twizzle stick is a thing you stir your cocktail with isn’t it?!

Yes it is , your quite correct . I got Twizzle sticks from a line in Pulp fiction I think . "Get me some baggies and some twizzle sticks from the kitchen" or something like that . I think upon reflection it could've been twist sticks . Oh the shame 😩 Yes , it was Twist Sticks ( edit )

Edited by fastbob

@fastbob Now your taking us into the delightful territory of Steve Unwin, you may have a world of untapped language to let us in on!

https://youtu.be/8T-AYKo_ygk

You're thinking of Steve Irwin the late crocodile wrestling Australian nutcase .

Yes it is , your quite correct . I got Twizzle sticks from a line in Pulp fiction I think . "Get me some baggies and some twizzle sticks from the kitchen" or something like that . I think upon reflection it could've twist sticks . Oh the shame 😩

Hard to feel any shame with the English languages complicated origins and spellings- if you want a stick to stir a cocktail then surely it must be a cocktail stick but oh no that is for food :roll:

I’m sure a grammar nazi will be along soon to offer up shame if you’re after some?!

That's a swizzle stick. In the Caribbean it was originally a stick from a particular tree which had little sticky side branches so you could spin it in the drink to mix it.

'a swizzle stick is a small stick used to stir drinks. The original swizzle sticks were created in the 18th century at a rum plantation in the West Indies. They were used to stir up Bermudian cocktails called Rum Swizzles and were made from the branch of the Quararibea turbinata (also known as the "Swizzle stick tree"). In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, stir sticks made of glass were created to shake out the bubbles from champagne, whose carbonation caused indigestion for some drinkers'

Yes it is , your quite correct . I got Twizzle sticks from a line in Pulp fiction I think . "Get me some baggies and some twizzle sticks from the kitchen" or something like that . I think upon reflection it could've twist sticks . Oh the shame 😩

Hard to feel any shame with the English languages complicated origins and spellings- if you want a stick to stir a cocktail then surely it must be a cocktail stick but oh no that is for food :roll:

I’m sure a grammar nazi will be along soon to offer up shame if you’re after some?!

No , a cocktail stick would be presented in a cocktail with an olive or a cherry on it and would be used to stir the drink . Sicking lumps of cheese and pineapple on them is an alternative use practiced by those lacking the sophistication to indulge in cocktails.

I’m sure a grammar nazi will be along soon to offer up shame if you’re after some?! I don’t like cocktail stick with cherries on, they are difficult to dump down on the table cos they’re wet n sticky but they taste nasty and never add to the drink.

No , a cocktail stick would be presented in a cocktail with an olive or a cherry on it and would be used to stir the drink . Sicking lumps of cheese and pineapple on them is an alternative use practiced by those lacking the sophistication to indulge in cocktails.

What if you’re using them to eat olives, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese?

I hadn’t had the culinary delight of cheese and pineapple since it died a death donkeys ago so in the interests of educating my boys on food history (the only type of history they have any interest in) a few weeks I did some cheese n pineapple on sticks. It was horrible. Cold cheese and pineapple on a stick is an abomination :puke:

I’m sure a grammar nazi will be along soon to offer up shame if you’re after some?! I don’t like cocktail stick with cherries on, they are difficult to dump down on the table cos they’re wet n sticky but they taste nasty and never add to the drink.

I hadn’t had the culinary delight of cheese and pineapple since it died a death donkeys ago so in the interests of educating my boys on food history (the only type of history they have any interest in) a few weeks I did some cheese n pineapple on sticks. It was horrible. Cold cheese and pineapple on a stick is an abomination :puke:

It needs to in a foil covered grapefruit like a bizarre hedgehog served with a few of those shrivelled cocktail sausages for full effect.

It needs to in a foil covered grapefruit like a bizarre hedgehog served with a few of those shrivelled cocktail sausages for full effect.

Lol I did serve them from a hedgehog! Not the foil covered sort though but a total waste of money from Lakeland that triggered the forgotten horror of cheese pineapple sticks :D

3AF71095-D729-40A8-A147-4D336575C858.thumb.jpeg.815fcadffe96dad44769efb9f3f55171.jpeg

I wonder how the broken fairings getting on :lol:

Should imagine the guy lost the will to live and rode the bike off a cliff on to a seabiscuit, only to get a zip cable caught round his neck causing his head to swell up, whereupon a passing Anglo-American linguist thought he was a monkey and stuck cocktail sticks in his eyes.