Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Every single driver this morning who doesn't realise:

If they have day time running lights it doesn't illuminate the rear lights of their vehicle

this!!. I was wondering why so many people didn't have their lights on!! I think Hoggfather told me it was daylights but obviously no one has told them

I don't have them (the Berlingo requires you to run around the car and light the paraffin lamps on the exterior of the vehicle) but the tip I've seen is to always turn your lights to off when you park up. You then make the conscious decision when you get in to set them to 'auto' or to 'on', which then means you're more likely on your journey to do the right thing based on the condition. I think lots of people just enter zombie mode where they just think their car is always taking care of the lights.

ME, for thinking Summer gloves were ok, cause they were ok yesterday.

I made the same mistake :crybaby:

That’s what the top box is for. To carry the alternative gloves. :wink:

1. If they have day time running lights it doesn't illuminate the rear lights of their vehicle
  2. If they have automatic lights and they are set to 'auto' then in foggy conditions the lights are actually unlikely to turn on at all
  3. Driving a white or grey car does not automatically confer you with mythical status in fog, just because you blend in with your lights off like you're a cloaked Klingon destroyer it doesn't actually make your car invincible, and you are not a Klingon Warrior

TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON IN FOG.

I thank you. Qapla!

Superb and oh so accurate rant.

The bell end who decided it would be a good idea to pull out in front of me today just as I came round a bend!

this is the bend and as you can see there is a junction on it

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.9253129,-0.5227612,3a,75y,220.25h,84.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9_oX4grA18rxHC2WmO-b9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

as I came around I was about inline with where the arrows are on the left I saw the car waiting well in advance and adjusted my speed accordingly and its a good job I did!

Luckily he never panicked and stopped! if he had I would have hit him! he saw me as he went then floored it which gave me space to go around the back end of the car

The Jag driver today who decided that the A38 turn right lane did not apply to him.

We approached the island from the left A440 me in middle lane going straight on. Him in right hand lane.

We get to the A440 exit and said a Jag decides he is going on the A440 as well. I think he got the message that he was in the wrong. Unfortunately [mention]Speedy23[/mention] does not have cameras on his bike. Might have made interesting viewing.

Dropped pin

Near Saint Peter the Great County, Worcester

https://goo.gl/maps/topGQCzzEwK2

OK as SCM has asked so nicely, I am back.......for one nite only........and only for those who will appreciate it ([mention]JRH[/mention]

[mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention]). So to everybody else, and yes, you know who you are, don't even bother........Yes, today I was witness to.yet another shocking JRH-style loss of self-control.......this is getting to be something of a habit. First there was the disgraceful incident on the Kidderminster ring road involving an innocent motorist who'se skills at cutting-up were probably exceeded only by Dr. (or is that Mr.?) Christian Barnard.......(SCM, hope you will appreciate that.... :roll:) ......then the latest, quite frankly inexcusable occurrence whereby another innocent Jag driver was massively inconvenienced by said JRH.

Honestly, it was like something straight from the pages of Motorcycle Thug (incorporating Scooter Hooligan) Magazine or perhaps Lay-by Punch-Up Monthly......Angry gesticulating, waving arms, pointing fingers, terse comments and harsh words......the lot. :shock:

With ambassadors of this calibre, is it any wonder that the motorcycling community attracts such a bad press?

OTH, maybe JRH is just unlucky.....Yeah, two incidents caused by nobs who shouldn't even be in charge of a pedal car, let alone anything with an engine :evil:. Strangely enuff, once Jagman noticed me right behind him, he calmed down and drove like a model of good practice until he turned off a couple of miles later. We had a great little convoy going, JRH leading, Jagman and me bringing up the rear. All at PSL, like something outta the Highway Code. Cool. Maybe he spotted my motocross-style footwear? Sturdy.

And yes, I have got a camera system.......in a box in me sideboard. Today has got me thinking I might have to actually mount it on the bike, now I've got a power supply sorted out for it.

And to everybody else: No, traction control will not save your ass if you can't ride anyway. If you keep running wide in corners, you aren't a rider......you're a passenger. Oh, and almost forgot........women rock.

So that's me done again. Have fun.

And in the words of Uncle Ozzy, "I've seen the future.......and I've left it behind".

Edited by Anonymous

OK as SCM has asked so nicely, I am back.......for one nite only........and only for those who will appreciate it (@JRH

@Slowlycatchymonkey). So to everybody else, and yes, you know who you are, don't even bother........Yes, today I was witness to.yet another shocking JRH-style loss of self-control.......this is getting to be something of a habit. First there was the disgraceful incident on the Kidderminster ring road involving an innocent motorist who'se skills at cutting-up were probably exceeded only by Dr. (or is that Mr.?) Christian Barnard.......(SCM, hope you will appreciate that.... :roll:) ......then the latest, quite frankly inexcusable occurrence whereby another innocent Jag driver was massively inconvenienced by said JRH.

Honestly, it was like something straight from the pages of Motorcycle Thug (incorporating Scooter Hooligan) Magazine or perhaps Lay-by Punch-Up Monthly......Angry gesticulating, waving arms, pointing fingers, terse comments and harsh words......the lot. :shock:

With ambassadors of this calibre, is it any wonder that the motorcycling community attracts such a bad press?

OTH, maybe JRH is just unlucky.....Yeah, two incidents caused by nobs who shouldn't even be in charge of a pedal car, let alone anything with an engine :evil:. Strangely enuff, once Jagman noticed me right behind him, he calmed down and drove like a model of good practice until he turned off a couple of miles later. We had a great little convoy going, JRH leading, Jagman and me bringing up the rear. All at PSL, like something outta the Highway Code. Cool. Maybe he spotted my motocross-style footwear? Sturdy.

And yes, I have got a camera system.......in a box in me sideboard. Today has got me thinking I might have to actually mount it on the bike, now I've got a power supply sorted out for it.

And to everybody else: No, traction control will not save your ass if you can't ride anyway. If you keep running wide in corners, you aren't a rider......you're a passenger. Oh, and almost forgot........women rock.

So that's me done again. Have fun.

And in the words of Uncle Ozzy, "I've seen the future.......and left it behind".

NIce to see you here @speedy23.

🎼It was 17months ago today,

Speedy tried to show the bikers how to play

They've been going in and out of style

But they're guaranteed to raise a smile.

So may I introduce to you......

SGT SPEEEEDDEEE TWENTEEEEE THREEEEE🎼

I think they’re still Mr’s in South Africa 😁

[mention]JRH[/mention] have you been re-educating the driving population using the larger than life method?😆

My Ol’ Pa says “there’s no point losing your temper unless it’s personal but someone nearly killing you is very personal so let rip.”

Sounds like Mr Scaredy Pants Jag driver didn’t fancy his chances against a biker with a witness or the motocross footwear...

Pedal car, that would be an excellent licence restriction, forget outright bans for driving offences just have a special pedal car licence

D688893A-3D7C-441E-A8BD-E1857BFAC300.thumb.jpeg.0ab6905959c5bbfbe650512d9497ecae.jpeg

Think I might have to invest in a camera, bugger more expense.

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] Im going to have a word with your agent I don’t think one nite is going to cut it, a regular guest appearance slot is required.

Don’t make me sing again, even I can’t stand the sound of it 😆

Me for dropping phone in water, :shock: out of unzipped pocket water depth about 2 meters :crybaby: ....

4 Hour wait for the tide to go out 2 meters daughters fishing net and I have a phone. Presently working :cheers: but in airing cupboard (low part coldish) drying not tried charging yet :roll: .

If they have day time running lights it doesn't illuminate the rear lights of their vehicle

this!!. I was wondering why so many people didn't have their lights on!! I think Hoggfather told me it was daylights but obviously no one has told them

I've caught up with several people guilty of this at traffic lights and let them know their tail lights aren't on.

Usually they just say thanks, but one guy insisted his were on because he could see them..

No those are your brake lights, take your foot off the pedal :roll:

The Disco that got upset by me filtering at a roundabout then stormed past me at about 60 mph in a 40 mph then stayed at 55 through a long straight stretch of NSL. Needless to say I did politely overtake on that straight. Did I mention the 40mph stretch has an active speed camera on it? :twisted: