Most reliable 125cc bikes

93gavinmoran93

Hi I'm new to this forum and would really appreciate your help.

I plan on getting a cheap starter bike around the 125cc.

And I want to get something reliable.

The most obvious choice would be a Honda, but they tend to be a bit pricey

I googled the most reliable 125cc bikes heres the link

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/top-10-post-cbt-125s

https://www.lexhaminsurance.co.uk/blog/top-ten-125cc-bikes-for-beginners/

https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/top-ten/125cc-bikes

All theese sights, say that lexmoto is a good cheap reliable motorbike? But it's Chinese? They loo really good though and a 2 year warrenty? Or is this just a scam?

Thanks

Agreed. A used Japanese built bike will be more reliable and hold its value for when you trade on. So in the long run it's cheaper than buying something that will lose money when you sell it.

The old CG125 isn't a particularly sexy buy so you can pick them up cheaper than more modern offerings, and they are pretty bullet proof.

I have a Lexmoto Falcon 125. Had it six months, 2500 miles. Jury is out on reliability. There is something sticky about the gears/clutch.

With regards to warranty I was advised only worth it if you have a reasonable relationship with where you buy it from. Lexmoto will not help or intervene.

I love my bike, really a lot. I don’t know that I would not buy a Honda CBf type thingy if I was buying again now. Resale on my bike will be 800 pounds ish now, six months 2,500 miles costs 1200 pounds.

As I plan to keep it no worries.

I was looking at a new Lexmoto Adrenaline as a learner bike but in the end I bought a used Yamaha WR125X. Although the WR cost more it was the better choice as I hated 125 and did my test asap. I sold the WR 3 months after buying it - for more than I paid! Had I bought the Lexmoto I would have made a substantial loss.

I was looking at a new Lexmoto Adrenaline as a learner bike but in the end I bought a used Yamaha WR125X. Although the WR cost more it was the better choice as I hated 125 and did my test asap. I sold the WR 3 months after buying it - for more than I paid! Had I bought the Lexmoto I would have made a substantial loss.

[mention]Glorian[/mention], a thread you might want to look at.

For OP, I think the problem you're going to have is a good, reliable first bike normally means you have to shell out a little more when you buy it; i.e. Honda which would be my recommendation.

In simple terms I would say pay the extra now. Everyone I've known that's gone cheap to buy a 125 has paid for it BADLY in the months after both in time and maintenance costs. It can be really demoralizing and effect your riding skill for a while after. Get a good bike now that you can trust and it will pay you back in experience and confidence! :thumb:

Thanks for all the replies, seems to be japanese.. What are your thoughts on Aprillia??

If you live with someone, or have someone near by, who is willing to come help you with it regularly then maybe. But they're seen as performance bikes and therefore need seriously looking after and are more temperamental (read, likely to Pop whenever they feel like it. :roll: ). Most people recommend Japanese as they're way more forgiving to riders who are learning.