To hospital we go!

emmajaneg

Knees shmees you’ve got another one and will be dandy 😬 Seriously though hope you mend quickly 🙏

I’m not sure you’ll be wanting to hear the injury stories some have to tell.

Chin up.

How did the collision occur?

Hehe thank you! So basically a car with a trailer attached was parked at the side of the road, I went to the right to overtake and it started reversing, I went straight into head on! Bike is smashed to pieces and so is my knee lol.

Holymoly that is hard luck :cry:

The bike being smashed up is so very disappointing but by the sounds of things I’m glad it’s only your knee that got it!

Will it recover on its own or will in need a bit of surgery to send things in the right direction?

Don’t suppose there’s anyway they admitted liability and you have a witness?

Yes I am very lucky I didn’t break anything, and I accidentally admitted liability at the start because people were arguing and I was in a lot of pain, but I got quickly shushed 😂 they haven’t admitted anything and we are going to get insurance details and claim, also my boyfriend was riding behind me on his bike so he is a witness!

I did cause a lot of traffic though, and the guy that caused it had to nerve to ask if I could move my bike to prevent traffic lol!
.....Don't they always? I was taking my wife's CB125 to Rye's of Fulham one morning for its first service when we were filtering down the outside of a line of traffic on Brixton Hill during the rush hour, about 0830...... The bloke in front was on a yellow 400/4 and got taken out by the old classic "queue of traffic stops to let van turn right across queue from side turning on the left".

Matey was only wearing a business suit with shoes and the split front bumper on the van just smashed through his left shin bone (tibia), there was just a bloody big hole from the knee to the ankle pumping bright, red blood out......I jumped off, and it had just started to rain. This was not a "pressure on the wound job", I trod into his groin very hard to block the femoral artery (but it's very deep) and took off my belt to use as a torniquet. Managed to get this round his thigh, and the bleeding started to abate.........so basically this bloke was lying in the road, bleeding to death (all over lucky old me) when this arse in the car immediately behind us was tooting his horn and making "can you get out of the way" signs. Answer was "fuc*ing NO!!!!!"

Anyway, ambulance came, and as they were loading matey inside, by this time he was on entonox, and asked me the classic "is my bike OK?" :shock:

I did hear that he lived -- dunno if he kept his leg tho'. Wouldn't be surprised if not. And to cap it all, when I got to Rye's, the workshop manager said "your're late". I just said "see this blood? Well, it isn't mine......." . Nothing else was said........

So see, there's always somebody worse off. Even if it doesn't seem like it.

I also don’t think my bike will be mended, it was checked out and the engine has a hole in it, the fuel tank has ruptured and everything else is just in bits!

.....mere cosmetic damage. Trust me......... 8-)

Hehe bless you, a biker came to my rescue and was telling my that my bike was the last thing I needed to think about, bless bikers honestly, yall are so lovely 😊

I hope you get well very soon ..tell the B/F dont worrie if he's shaken up just give him a kiss .. you get a new bike so that's all sorted get well ..

Thank you lol, he’s okay now he’s sleeping finally

and the day after you finds all the sore bits you didn't notice the day of the accident.

Make sure you complain about every little injury, when I was in all hospital cared about was obvious leg injury, I didn't bring up minor aches and pains elsewhere at the time but some of these have gone on to be more severe now and having to go through referrals via GP which takes forever, wish I complained more while at hospital and would had been more likely diagnosed and sorted earlier.

I have been, when I was in A&E and a skin graze on my bum was hurting more than my knee lol but they just ignored me and said they needed to concentrate on my knee

Just out of interest, how do you have a head on collision with a trailer?

Okay so, it was on the left side of the road (looked like it was parked) I go to overtake it. There is a man stood on the toad waving but I didn’t realise that the trailer was actually reversing into the road and I couldn’t slow down in time, so I went into the corner of it, flipped over handlebars and fell on my bum! I thought it was my fault but I have been told it was there’s, as they shouldn’t have been reversing on a A road

sorry to hear .

as for liability i will be the awkward sod and think you will be held liable .

There is no law about not reversing on a a road .

From your words you saw the vehicle but you didn't see the attendant warning you and your words couldn't stop in time .

Really hope you mend quickly but be prepared for the worst re insurance wise .

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/using-the-road-reversing.html

Not sure I will be to be honest, the trailer did not have lights connected at all so I couldn’t have known he was reversing, no hazard lights were on and man waving at me isn’t food enough unfortunately. He was attempting and failing st reversing into his driveway with a trailer attached which is a very stupid thing to do, and I have been told by the paramedics that I am not liable for the accident. Not only that, his trailer had no damage , I took the brunt of everything including my bike lol

It's hard to tell, I can't work out who was exactly where, trailer and car parked on left, rider goes to pass, trailer has some one watching who may have been trying to warn rider and other road users, was trailer intentionally cutting into the road in reverse or was it poor reversing and they were going in wrong direction with rear of trailer,(it amazes me the stupidity of some folk with trailers and caravans)

Without all the facts I don't think anyone can say who was at fault.

Okay, I will try and explain the best I can 😂

So if you can imaging the UK roads, we drive on the left, Tibet’s on the right. This pick up truck with a small trailer attached was stationary at the left side of the road. At this rate (when I noticed it there) I was going 40 mph. I then saw the man waving at me so I began to slow down, but unfortunately not enough. The man in the pick up truck then started to reverse backwards but into the centre of the road, when it was already too late for me to stop, so he was reversing regardless and clearly wasn’t looking 🙄. I ended up going into the corner of it (as originally I went to the other side of the road to take over as I had presumed it was parked). I’m not sure either but I have been told by the paramedics, nurses and of course family that I am not liable because of the small things such as:

• he had no lights connected to the trailer, so I saw no reverse lights or anything

• he had no hazards on the pick up truck or indicators, so you can assume they are staying stationary when you see that

• they did not give me enough time to slow down at all, so would have probably slid off anyway

• and again, most of my things have been damaged severely including my boots, helmet, phone, iPad, motorbike and me. His trailer was fine

Also in regards to insurance and liability, someone waving is not a recognised hand signal in highway code, having no lights on trailer is probably bad enough but having someone controlling traffic by waving :roll:

Glad it's done, I hated wound cleaning, they had to do mine a bit before hospital to get some muck out and again after surgery (glad most of it was done when I as knocked out) as despite seeing them using nice soft clean cloths doused with water it felt like they were taking a scouring pad to my leg.

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] I thoroughly recommend that you contact [mention]TC1474[/mention] in regards to the incident and get some decent advice from someone who is in the know

I wouldn't waste your time with your own insurance company's solicitors as they are just after a quick settlement and you could end up losing out

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] - in case you don't know, TC is the wheels man for an outfit of notorious Berkshire villains (check out that profile pic and forum name - TC1474 is his prisoner ID number). He only pops up on here once in a blue moon because he has to keep 'going away' for extended periods, but after a long life of crime he certainly knows a thing or two about the law.

:D

Edited by MarkW

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] I thoroughly recommend that you contact [mention]TC1474[/mention] in regards to the incident and get some decent advice from someone who is in the know

I wouldn't waste your time with your own insurance company's solicitors as they are just after a quick settlement and you could end up losing out

No point talking to me. It has been made quite clear that I know nothing. I am unable to assist.

I would suggest that you speak to the forums resident legal and riding experts of which there are a few on this forum.

I only posted a comment because of the crap which was being spouted and which would give the experts on here a chance to make their comments.

There are several people on this site who will be able to provide the benefit of their legal and riding expertise who are far more knowledgable and qualified than me.

Edited by TC1474

@emmajaneg I thoroughly recommend that you contact @TC1474 in regards to the incident and get some decent advice from someone who is in the know

No point talking to me. It has been made quite clear that I know nothing.

I would suggest that you speak to the forums resident legal and riding experts of which there are a few on this forum.

I only posted a comment because of the crap which was being spouted and which would give the experts on here a chance to make their comments.

There are several people on this site who will be able to provide the benefit of their legal and riding expertise who are far more knowledgable and qualified than me.

For such a well educated bloke who's top of his field, you aren't very mature.

I'm just hijacking this thread for a minute to ask a question my son asked me the other day: What do motorcycle cops do in winter when it's too snowy to ride?

They drive the chase cars . As you don't see many motor bike cops after 6pm as its classes as to dangerous to ride at night . All most all cop bikers are car drivers.

No point talking to me. It has been made quite clear that I know nothing. I am unable to assist.

Duly noted. Now, what's your favourite biscuit?

emmajaneg I thoroughly recommend that you contact TC1474 in regards to the incident and get some decent advice from someone who is in the know

No point talking to me. It has been made quite clear that I know nothing.

For such a well educated bloke who's top of his field, you aren't very mature.

I have to agree here!

I thought better of you [mention]TC1474[/mention]! obviously I was wrong! not to worry I wont recommend you anymore

Not good :( hope not too serious. Get well soon.

I hope not too, have to have surgery tomorrow but all should be well, thank you!

Good to hear :thumb:

Make the most of your NI payments and take it easy, what are they doing?

If you mean the driver etc, about 5 minutes ago just cried at them because they are using things I said when I was in a lot of pain against me :(

There is a man stood on the toad waving

What was the toad waving at? And why was a man standing on it? :scratch:

I would say this is sufficient mitigation to get you off the hook: either you were temporarily distracted by this bizarre spectacle, or you were having an unexpected acid flashback. Don't worry about relying on recreational drug use as a defence in court - most judges enjoy a bit of Charlie in their spare time, so if they pretend to be shocked just ask them when they last snorted coke off a naked hooker.

:thumb:

Hehe I didn’t mean toad!

@emmajaneg see now that I cam understand :D

How's the repair to your leg going.

Ohhh and as Stu said contact tc :thumb:

The repair on my leg is okay so far! And I think I’m just gonna stick to ringing police etc

I hope not too, have to have surgery tomorrow but all should be well, thank you!

Good to hear :thumb:

Make the most of your NI payments and take it easy, what are they doing?

If you mean the driver etc, about 5 minutes ago just cried at them because they are using things I said when I was in a lot of pain against me :(

You were in shock and have been brought up to apologise so it meant nothing. You can tell them that, don’t let them push you about. You deserve to be treated decently and might have to demand that you are. There are others here who can tell you best how to proceed with insurance etc.

What they trying to use? From what you've said it sounds like their liability and they know that hence clutching at straws. Don't let them get to you!