Riding new motorbike to home

MESSIAH

I wouldn't be riding any other motorbike that was not insured by its owner, so you may or may not be covered whilst riding it, I would go with not even if it's not written in your policy, it's certainly written into mine.

So you park it up and pop into somewhere ohhh it's Def not insured them, no way is your dubious 3Rd part cover going to stand whilst your mot on it.

I would go with the pick it up in a van or pay to have it dropped off.

Errr.... English, MF....... do you speak it?

Nope, but then again Mr pedant your reading it not listening to it :booty:

My insurance automatically came with no cover for pillion riders and no cover to ride other bikes :x

The whole insurance industry needs to be held accountable to better agreed standards that are enforcable in law with the overhaul involving a regulatory body that has some serious teeth and financial penalties for companies that shaft their customers. They seem to be a den of rats.

Thankfully you can switch insurers easily enough, even if you're in contract.

Yeh you can ... It'll cost you though , bikesure had my pants down when I tried to do it two months into policy ..it was cheaper to cancel with them and take out a new policy with another company , robbing fooker's .

Here is my bike which one I was buy today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-RS4-125-TRADE-SALE-CMC-CANNOCK-TWO-OWNERS-EXHAUST-HPI-CLEAR-/192824298921

From shop place to my home is about 45 - 50 mils far away. It's not big deal even for new riders. Riding slowly and safety took it about 2h or little bit more.

I found one guy which one want £60 for delivery.

:offtopic: ish

Not so sure on this part of the listing:

Please Note: Auction/Trade bikes are not checked by our workshops, have no warranty, no service or any other inspection. The goods are purchased as 'Spares or Repair Only - Not for Road Use'. Viewing of the bike is recommended and you should satisfy yourself of the condition before making a bid. The Sales of Goods Act 1979 does not apply to Spares or Repair bikes. Note all sales must be collected with a van or trailer and cannot be rode away due to the nature of the sale. Vehicle is also advertised for sale elsewhere and we reserve the right to end the auction early if needed.

...especially as further up they give an assessment of the bike as well as the fact it "runs and rides fine". Oh, and list a 14 day return policy on the listing :notworking:

Oh, and the Sales of Goods Act 1979 doesn't apply to anything because it has been superseded by the Consumer Rights Act. Sounds like they're trying to evade some liability here. Shoddy business practice.

They're a dealer, they can't "cover their butts" in this way.

Plus even if they could the original question that started this thread shouldn't apply, since they're claiming it's unrideable (whilst simultaneously also claiming it rides fine, it's like Schrödinger's Motorbike).

But collection is not from dealer company address just other city is described in description at the beginning. Dealer probably try cover his butt if something will be wrong with bike after few weeks. And BTW this bike still have MOT.

But collection is not from dealer company address just other city is described in description at the beginning.

This doesn't change a thing

Dealer probably try cover his butt if something will be wrong with bike after few weeks.

Which they can't do

And BTW this bike still have MOT.

Which just means the bike passed the test the day the test was done.

Please don't think I'm just trying to be needlessly harsh on you. I'm imploring you to stay wary and also not accept any crap from the dealer if there is an issue with the bike.

As previously quoted , the sellers description clearly states .......Note all sales must be collected with a van or trailer and cannot be rode away due to the nature of the sale. Vehicle is also advertised for sale elsewhere and we reserve the right to end the auction early if needed......so what's the issue here ? Never mind the legal position, the chances of riding this thing 50 miles without something going wrong are not good . Just forget about it and keep saving your money until you find another bike closer to home .

I wouldn't worry so much about a second hand bike from CMC. They are really quite good as dealers go, they want repeat business and also they are very fussy about bikes they take in as trade-ins.

I bought a bike from them and it had exactly that same disclaimer on the eBay page, though the page on CMCs website did not have that. The bike I bought from them was an auction bike that originally came from Rainbow BMW in Rotherham.. who, Typical for a modern BMW place, doesnt have room for 'non-approved' bikes and so sells them at a Trade auction.

Actually I bought two.. and lateralus. (remember him?) he bought from CMC - his first CBF. and i think.. he got his triumph from there as well. Not sure about his latest BMW tractor. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that wasn't a CMC bike as well.