Washing motorcycle at self service gas station car wash?

potatobroxd

This thread is probably related, in that I would assume soap is soap and as long as you wash it off fully your bike won't melt.

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69168

However, if your chain is grimy I'm not sure if basic soap is going to really shift much.

Oh no , what are you thinking ? You can't write Gas Station on here . He will be after you . I foolishly wrote Zip Tie last week and all hell broke loose . The Un-English Activities Commission will hunt you down . Regarding the car wash, would you like to wash your car after someone has scrubbed their chain with the same brush ?

I was wondering if you can spray the soap provided on the motorcycle e.g on the chain when washing at the self wash place?

You can but it will do very little good. And personally I am not a fan of jet washing anything other than paving stones. Motorcycles have all sorts of magical boxes filled with sparky elves who literally hate water. Apparently if they come into contact with water they die and then all the things that need their magic don't work anymore.

Use a hand held garden sprayer to apply foam if you must, caress with a velvet mitten and then rinse with a normal garden hose.

But for chains I've tried everything and come to the conclusion that dry wax lube is the best bet as the chain doesn't attract grit then.

Oh no , what are you thinking ? You can't write Gas Station on here . He will be after you . I foolishly wrote Zip Tie last week and all hell broke loose . The Un-English Activities Commission will hunt you down . Regarding the car wash, would you like to wash your car after someone has scrubbed their chain with the same brush ?

yes we are all going to pretend that we didnt read that :wink: Edited by skyrider

Commission for Un-english Nuance and Terminology

Ok, its a parody of the Un American Activities Commission. And its English not english . AND I've got it completely wrong anyway, it's COMMITTEE.

Oh no , what are you thinking ? You can't write Gas Station on here . He will be after you . I foolishly wrote Zip Tie last week and all hell broke loose . The Un-English Activitieus Commission will hunt you down . Regarding the car wash, would you like to wash your car after someone has scrubbed their chain with the same brush ?

Ok, its a parody of the Un American Activities Commission. And its English not english . AND I've got it completely wrong anyway, it's COMMITTEE.

I was going for crude acronyms

I was going for crude acronyms

And I was being bloody thick . See you next Tuesday .

on side note: how do you wash your bike if you live in a FLAT (NOT apartment) and dont have access to a hose?

I used to have one of these when I lived in a house without a hosepipe and my car parking space was a little walk from the property

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Manual-Pressure-Washer-Sprayer/dp/B01H34FQ2C

sorry my foreign blood was low on tea and crumpets at time of writing this thread

please dont deport me :roll:

on side note: how do you wash your bike if you live in a FLAT (NOT apartment) and dont have access to a hose?

Spray it with Muck-off. Wash off with this

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden/mobile-cleaning/oc-3-16800050.html