CBT to DAS

Well it's all booked 8-)

Theory - 21st Feb

Training - 5th April

Mod1 - 8th April

Mod2 - 16th April (editted as incorrect date added)

Good luck with it all. It will be worth it for the fun to be had biking.

The one learning point I remember in my revision was that the minimum cc bike you can take on the motorway is 50cc! I'd be pooing myself in fear!

Sod that!! A 125 on a dual carriageway is bad enough!!

50cc for a mobike but not a scooter. The time I ended up on a three lane carriageway on the 125 was not something I ever want to repeat :peep:

[mention]RAYK47[/mention] Good luck, all the best, break a... a fingernail.

The one learning point I remember in my revision was that the minimum cc bike you can take on the motorway is 50cc! I'd be pooing myself in fear!

50cc for a mobike but not a scooter. The time I ended up on a three lane carriageway on the 125 was not something I ever want to repeat :peep:

@RAYK47 Good luck, all the best, break a... a fingernail.

I did 5 miles in lane one of a three lane road at 50mph in the pouring rain the other week not something that I wish to repeat anytime soon. My scooter is a 110cc

@RAYK47 Good luck, all the best, break a... a fingernail.

I did 5 miles in lane one of a three lane road at 50mph in the pouring rain the other week not something that I wish to repeat anytime soon. My scooter is a 110cc

[/qu[mention]RAYK47[/mention]

Were the colour of your trousers brown by the end of it?

I did my Theory test on Friday, just brush up on your useless facts. I had one question which was ‘what is the maximum length a motorcycle trailer can be?’ which I had no idea about, and then some pretty random questions about road signs. The rest of the questions were pretty easy, luckily none about stopping distances at 50mph etc.. just ones about how much gap to leave in the wet and what to do if you see a fuel spillage and so on.

The hazard perception was what I was worrying about as I always clicked too early when I did practice ones, so I usually just clicked when I first see the hazard then wait half a second, click again. Worked for me as I passed both.

All in all, the actual test seemed a lot easier than the online practice resources which is good!

Good luck bud, hopefully you’ll smash it :thumb:

Thanks Brad

All the practices I have done, I also seem to click too early. At first I didn't realise you can click multiple times so was doing terrible. However since knowing that I have now been getting mostly 5s in my practice.

Will see what happens. Even though I am passing ever practice I am crapping it really. I have never had to do anything like this before.

Thanks Brad

All the practices I have done, I also seem to click too early. At first I didn't realise you can click multiple times so was doing terrible. However since knowing that I have now been getting mostly 5s in my practice.

Will see what happens. Even though I am passing ever practice I am crapping it really. I have never had to do anything like this before.

Remember what I said earlier - the test software lets you click about 8 times in succession; however, in the test you're limited to 5 in succession, after which you'll fail that particular exercise and score a zero.

Thanks. I have been limiting to 4 or 5 clicks to get into the habit.

Good idea. Always click 5 times, though, as that gives you the potential to score all five marks. Also watch out for the double-hazard scenarios - I can't remember if you're warned that it's one of those or not, though.

..... one question which was ‘what is the maximum length a motorcycle trailer can be?’ which I had no idea about .....

Neither did I, but it's 2.5 metres, measured from the bike's rear wheel spindle.

Do I win a prize ? :D

..... one question which was ‘what is the maximum length a motorcycle trailer can be?’ which I had no idea about .....

Neither did I, but it's 2.5 metres, measured from the bike's rear wheel spindle.

You might win a prize if that question ever comes up in a pub quiz :lol:

You might win a prize if that question ever comes up in a pub quiz :lol:

:thumb: :D

I’ve got to wait until the 13th to start my DAS. Can’t come quick enough haha

My MOD2 is on the 12th April so with any luck I will be done before then.

Good luck for the 13th

I’ve got to wait until the 13th to start my DAS. Can’t come quick enough haha

My MOD2 is on the 12th April so with any luck I will be done before then.

Good luck for the 13th

and you bud, lets hope for some decent weather!